rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

support the quarters
grimsbyquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 15:03
I shall be making my usual 500 mile round trip to support the Quins tomorrow.I shall support them with the same vigorous way I have done since the 80s.We have been in this position before and have come though it,The management will change as will the players the good times will come back .So join me in giving them the support they need .COYQ

Re: support the quarters
RleQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 15:17
The difference now is that the current non-playing and playing parts of the club are a complete and utter shambles and no one seems able or bothered to change it.
Any criticism is met with a telling off or complete silence.
Of course everyone still supports the team but since professionalism came in, more is expected because the players are well paid to train and give a good performance on match day.
We arenít seeing this at the moment
RleQ

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 15:34
RleQuin. Will you be at The Stoop Sunday and will you also be at the Quinssa David Ellis QA? Just asking!

RleQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 15:48
No and no
Prior engagement means Iíll have to watch on TV for the first.
The second, unfortunately I am not in the country but I would have gone.
To be honest with you, my dealings with Ellis are well known. To save DOK from having to censor me, I wonít put what I really think of him and the way he treats people on here.
I find it extremely sad to see my team going downhill the way they are at the moment.
If anyone wants to accuse me of being a keyboard warrior, I think my credentials speak for themselves - supporter since 1972, club archivist 1988-2015 and author of Harlequins: The First 150Years.
RleQ

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 16:01
good book that, I enjoyed it

RleQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 16:05
Quote:
HonkyTonk
i
Glad to hear that
RleQ

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 16:48
Quote:
RleQuin
Quote:
HonkyTonk
i
Glad to hear that
RleQ

I mean it was great apart from the errors........

*ducks*

grimsbyquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 16:48
I also have a copy which I enjoyed.
I think in the modern era of the game your comments would be relevant for at least half the premiership

SiBolton (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 17:43
Whatever happens will still support the team, been through plenty of good times and bad times
Will still support home and away, even though so many times this season 80 minutes of rugby spoils a good day out.
And I seriously hope we can make whatever changes are needed to make next season more enjoyable.

johnlid (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 17:51
They don't wear the quarters anymore. Shirt design now is more about getting money out of supporters each season. The club is now first a business second a rugby club. A rational decision by the Board/shareholders but one not liked by many supporters (or paying customers as we now are)

DOK (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:06
I fully intend to be there. and yes, I'll be loud and proud supporting my rugby team.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:33
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RleQuin
Quote:
HonkyTonk
i
Glad to hear that
RleQ

*ducks*

Do please point them out BQ!
RleQ

SiBolton (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:41
Quote:
johnlid
They don't wear the quarters anymore. Shirt design now is more about getting money out of supporters each season. The club is now first a business second a rugby club. A rational decision by the Board/shareholders but one not liked by many supporters (or paying customers as we now are)

Please explain how they are no longer quarters? Is it because there is a sponsor logo, or because itís a business

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:03
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid

Please explain how they are no longer quarters? Is it because there is a sponsor logo, or because itís a business

He appears to hate the club, which must make supporting it quite annoying.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:04
Quote:
RleQuin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RleQuin
Quote:
HonkyTonk
i
Glad to hear that
RleQ

*ducks*

Do please point them out BQ!
RleQ

Itís a joke - coz we had that long thread about your book and the club book and the mistakes in it...

RleQuin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:19
Oh yes, I remember - very good!!
RleQ

03 March, 2018 19:59
Good thread Grimsbyquin. Loving the positivity. COYQ indeed. With Quins great performances come sometimes and hopefully tomorrow will be one of them.

Saintquin (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 20:05
Quote:
johnlid

But the business of the club is rugby and if the rugby isn't good to watch the customers will disappear.

Harlequins, (was once) probably the best rugby club in the world!
(Sm115)(Sm115)(Sm115)

Yareet (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 20:29
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid

<pedantary>This seasonís shirt isnít in quarters.</pedantry>

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 22:19
Give no quarter, expect none in return.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

quin_jon (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 23:06
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid

But support the 2 1/6ths and 2 1/3rds doesnít have as good a ring to it

johnlid (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:11
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid

It's unjustified personal remarks like this that make people despair of this board

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:29
Quote:
johnlid
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid

It's unjustified personal remarks like this that make people despair of this board

How is this ďpersonalĒ in the way you imply other than it being a reply to your post?

You post about not liking rugby as a business etc, which is fair enough. But it appears to annoy you enough to say ďthey arenít quartersĒ anymore during a totally unrelated thread about getting behind the team.

If it doesnít annoy you as much as it appears to then fair enough. But if it does, it makes me wonder where the fun is (there are a number of posters on here who seem to dislike so much about the club (present performance woes aside) that itís hard to work out why they go)

As I say - if Iíve misinterprered it then apologies.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:13
Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid

But support the 2 1/6ths and 2 1/3rds doesnít have as good a ring to it

How about "Come on you 4 Oblongs!"

Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:39
Is oblongs a proper geometrical word ? Should it not be rectangles.
" The men in the four rectangles moved the ball down the left to score in the corner".
The other problem with this is that a player like Lambert may actually be in quarters but one like Walker not due to their different widths. Also, are we talking about just the shirt or the whole kit.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:47
Well obviously Lambo would have Hung around on the Wing, Drawn his man then Quarterized him with sheer pace.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 14:34
Quote:
johnlid
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
johnlid

Actually one of the things I despair of is when people make remarks, you ask them to quantify their remarks, but they never answer
Oh that and the obvious wind up merchants who get in the way of a decent conversation about rugby

DOK (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:26
Well congratulations to the crowd today. Whatever geometric issues there might be with the shirts, they gave huge support and I'm sure it was appreciated by the players.

grimsbyquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 19:24
I will be alongside you come what may

SiBolton (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 19:36
Well as for geometric issues when worn with the shorts they are!
But get your point DOK, much better today, ok Bath werenít firing on all cylinders for large parts of the game, but who cares, dont care how we win, a wins a win, come ou Quins

Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 21:18
I feel a cliche coming on .......plug pulled on Bath by Quartered men ........I'm sorry, I must apologise . We won, hoorayyyy

DOK (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 21:32
Oi! That (or something like it) was going to be my title for the match review! smiling smiley

Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 21:56
Sorry DOK, great minds. I'm sure you can think of something cryptic like the Sale review. Maybe, Quins enjoy a cold Bath or Bath left empty after Quins win.

Harley Quin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 23:31
Delighted that the boys pulled off a good win. I thought the back row were outstanding. No matter how much I hate what is being done to the Club I will always be happy when we win. I just hope to outlast the incompetent people currently in charge... 2012 is only 6 years ago, but it seems forever. :-(

DOK (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 11:40
Crowd was great yesterday, esp considering it was only 7,600 odd. Didn't hear anyone shouting for Bath. The West Stand Massive was in good voice, and heard plenty from the other stands for Harlequins.

Usual walk outs from 65 minutes onward, but not a protest! smiling smiley

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 16:30
Bath fail to plug the gaps?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net