Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

The Cat
blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 19:33
For fear of starting a thread about every player...but.

What a great game he had. That kick to touch down the touch line for the line out when time was up was so impressive - among many other things.

Shame we havenít seen him until now. Much more mature and controlled player than Smith (for now obvs) - really a pity he hasnít had a season with us properly.

Re: The Cat
Rocker (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 19:42
Looks very useful. Not afraid of tackling either! Good kicker, shame he missed that once penalty.

2bobjimbob (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 19:46
Yeah thought he had a great game!

Portquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 19:49
He was excellent...controlled things better than Smith has been and he made Lewis look much better too.

Smith is obv a great talent but I think weíve missed an experienced 10 at times this year.

He also has a fantastic tackle technique

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 20:42
So many tackles. Very impressive considering what he's been through. Thought his tactical kicking was actually a bit of a mixed bag. Completely different option to Smith. just good to have him available after so long

Re: The Cat / Marcus
mikepw (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 20:38
Apologies for adjusting title, but I was going to post (as above) how well I thought he played, and controlled the game.
But also how much more nervous I was when Marcus came on - probably irrational. But somehow reasssuring to have a very competent 10 running a must win game like that
Two caveats (1) yes, Marcus is the long term option (2)The Cat'll probably have a stinker next round.

Re: The Cat / Marcus
never sleep (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 20:47
There was one bit of play when the Cat made two tackles in a short period of time that I thought was very impressive. Today, he was good

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 20:49
Agreed he wasnít quite getting the range right for a while on the kicks to space - but it wasnít far off and his game control was excellent

04 March, 2018 22:44
Really, the tone of this thread is just wrong. The Cat did great today, he was everything expected - solid in hand and with boot, but letís get sensible, Marcus has been incredible this season and, today, when he came on, he tackled for his life. I cheered Demetrius off today but donít knock Marcus, the boy is special.

never sleep (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 22:51
For me, there is no issue with Smith's performance today. But, I though that the Cat was good today. Very good

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 22:52
No one is knocking Smith but just saying the Cat played well !!

04 March, 2018 23:03
No one is knocking Smith but just saying the Cat played well !!
There was one. Moving on, the Cat looked like a good signing on paper and today he showed it.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 00:08
Smith made a few good tackles too - taking nothing from Le Chat's/die Kat's performance...

jonf (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 07:05
very positive news

akb1 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 07:21
So pleased he is back from injury, he had a good game.
It's nice tho have 2 high quality FHs competing for a starting position.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 08:57
Clifford hopes to be back in 2 weeks - mentioned in pre-match Q&A session in members bar.

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 09:10
Thought he was solid, but not particularly impressive. Made 7 tackles and missed 2.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 16:26
Oh Cookie, cheer up man!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing