rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Parking restrictions around Twick Green
blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 11:35
For those who've long been finding places to park around the Green and the roads "behind" it towards the Stoop (from the defunct Gregg's factory onwards)...

New residents parking zone kicks in from mid April - there are a few mixed use (pay and display or permit) spaces but very few - majority of it is permit holders only including on Saturdays and it runs until 630pm.

To save you a parking fine, I'd head the other side of the 316 or use the car parks.

Re: Parking restrictions around Twick Green
Dave L (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 11:48
We talking the likes of Albion Road, Edwin Road etc Blucher?

Cookie (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 11:50
Quote:
Dave L
We talking the likes of Albion Road, Edwin Road etc Blucher?

Yep! As a resident of one of the said roads, about bloomin' time!!

Dave L (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 11:53
Fair enough. Always thought it was a bit of an anomaly that these roads weren’t included in the various zones.

Cookie (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 12:19
Especially as the police station and council offices tell new employees to park here and walk in. Grrrr!!!!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 16:25
Quote:
Cookie
Especially as the police station and council offices tell new employees to park here and walk in. Grrrr!!!!

Haha - love it - the sods.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:10
It is an area South of the main railway line and East of the Strawberry Hill loop line

[www.richmond.gov.uk]

Cookie (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:27
Quote:
QuickerQuin
It is an area South of the main railway line and East of the Strawberry Hill loop line
[www.richmond.gov.uk]

South and West.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 09:35
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
QuickerQuin
[www.richmond.gov.uk]

South and West.

Shome mishtake. Shirley?

Stu_J_Mac (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 10:06
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Shome mishtake. Shirley?

Nope Council Site

blucherquin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 11:31
That map doesn't make clear that it's going to be pay and display all down the north side of The Green - so be careful.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 12:05
Quote:
Stu_J_Mac
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Shome mishtake. Shirley?

Nope Council Site

What about the area in red - Zone D - on this map?

[www.richmond.gov.uk]

RocQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 15:42
Quote:
blucherquin
That map doesn't make clear that it's going to be pay and display all down the north side of The Green - so be careful.

I am sure that there will be plenty of signs to that effect when this all kicks off. Fortunately my secret parking place (for many years now) remains untouched, but I suspect a few of the evictees will find it sooner rather than later!!

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 15:44
You chap/s/esses are, of course, quite correct. My mistake. I was confusing existing parking zones with new parking zones.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 16:15
Quote:
RocQuin
Quote:
blucherquin

I am sure that there will be plenty of signs to that effect when this all kicks off. Fortunately my secret parking place (for many years now) remains untouched, but I suspect a few of the evictees will find it sooner rather than later!!

You think there might be - but they’re sneaky by the river - people have even put up their own signs to say “these aren’t pay and display”

Meadway Meanderer (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 22:03
In terms of sneaky on First Cross Road the timings have all been painted over, not certain by whom.

Yareet (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 16:00
CPZ now delayed until next month to expand it all the way along Andover Road to Meadway.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 16:12
Quote:
Yareet
CPZ now delayed until next month to expand it all the way along Andover Road to Meadway.

Link, please?

Edit

To respond to my own request

[www.richmond.gov.uk]

That only leaves ..... and ...... Blast!

I am committed for this season. It's just possible I may not bother if they do this again - the clash of fixtures, I mean!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2018 16:17 by QuickerQuin.

Yareet (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 16:20
It was a letter from the council but a quick Google search brings up this.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 17:14
Yeah -- from May -- here are the actual details. Basically no parking on anything east of Meadway, including the north side of the Green. Some pay and display in there but I imagine they'll have a 2 hour limit.

[www.richmond.gov.uk]

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 17:58
You could always just park in the middle of the river as someone seems to have done recently in Richmond. Not sure what the rules are on that

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
04 April, 2018 19:53
Only if its a washout!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net