rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Coach Message Consistency
DangerQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 21:04
Others may have noticed, and this may have been discussed on another thread, however, I am in utter disbelief at the stark contrast in messages coming from the coaches in post match emails.

Are they even talking to each other?

Which is it, a morgue, or a good atmosphere?

Perhaps each coach has a wildly different perception of the dressing room atmosphere, yet if so, at least try and sing off the same hymn sheet, fans are hacked off enough as it is at the moment!

Post Bath game:

https://vgy.me/cP3NQO.jpg

Post Wasps game (13 Feb):

https://vgy.me/2E9dpO.jpg

Re: Coach Message Consistency
Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 21:46
Am I missing something? One is after a terrible loss to Wasps and the other following a hard fought win against Bath. Not surprising that the dressing room atmosphere would be totally different.

RocQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 21:49
That does show a rather alarming difference in the understanding of the players mood. You would like to think that ‘senior’ members of the coaching team would have a better comprehension of the players feelings.

RocQuin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 21:52
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Am I missing something? One is after a terrible loss to Wasps and the other following a hard fought win against Bath. Not surprising that the dressing room atmosphere would be totally different.

Tofty says all is good ‘as it always is’ is the point here

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 22:34
Quote:
RocQuin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy

Fair point.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 22:36
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
RocQuin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy

Fair point.

Isn’t it just a bit of a bland statement rather than being a malevolent message - I’m not sure they’re at the stage of having a grand pr plan. As noted, they’re different interviews after different games.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 23:16
Can't believe Mapletoft didn't clarify his views by stating "It's good, as it always is, apart from after we've played extremely poorly - then it's like a morgue. Mind you, occasionally it can be such a joyous and exhilarating place to be that I'd be doing it a disservice by describing it as 'good, as it always is'". Bad Tofty. Smack his bot.

DangerQuin (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 06:42
To me it feels like it undermines everything the club talked about when they introduced all this coaches corner stuff and more intimacy between the club and fans etc etc, as it now makes it all sound like lip service. And the less said about the insipid post match interviews from JK, the better.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 06:50
Maplespoof.

Spoofletoft.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 07:03
Quote:
DangerQuin
To me it feels like it undermines everything the club talked about when they introduced all this coaches corner stuff and more intimacy between the club and fans etc etc, as it now makes it all sound like lip service. And the less said about the insipid post match interviews from JK, the better.

It “undermines everything the club talked about”?

Come on. It’s two totally unrelated comments.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 08:44
Maybe should have added “ always is after a win”
But mountain and mole hill springs to mind

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 10:14
Good posting skills though.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 10:57
There’s a wagon coming over the hill
With a band on, a band on
There’s a wagon coming over the hill
Let’s jump on, let’s jump on

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 11:41
My stick is bigger than yours!

GP2110 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 12:11
I can't tell if this is a serious thread or if it was started in jest...

DOK. (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 12:28
Yes. My initial response is "seriously?".

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 12:39
"Has anyone seen a straw? I need something to clutch at..."

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 13:22
Can you please stop talking about straws. I have feelings you know.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:14
Quote:
DangerQuin

I think the problem is definitely with you.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:49
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
DangerQuin

I think the problem is definitely with you.

I couldn't agree more.

Mr_B (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:57
This has to be a fishing excercise surely. Two different games two different results two different statements and we are appalled at the coaches inconsistency in after match comments.(Sm164)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net