rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Returning players
quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 14:54
Guessing Clifford will be fit for Saracens. Will he fit straight back into the Back Row or warm the bench. And does anyone know when the likes of Swiel, Merrick, Mulchrone, and Boyce will be returning?

Re: Returning players
never sleep (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 14:57
There is an A-league match on Monday 19th. My guess is that you will see if Clifford, Swiel, etc are match fit then.

Stoopendous (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:46
More to the point will any of the England contingent be available for Sarries game?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:57
All of them one assumes.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 17:13
Quote:
RodneyRegis
All of them one assumes.

I'd guess that barring injuries Joe & Kyle are almost certainly going to play against Sarries. Mike will depend on whether he plays this w/e against Ireland, but even then I'd guess he'll want to play against Sarries. Chris & Danny are the two we may not see, especially Chris. He will no doubt play this w/e and will have played basically all 5 internationals for a full 80mins. We may want to rest him. Similarly Danny will have played the majority of all five games.

Of our last five games, Sarries & Exeter are the ones we're least likely to win. There may be a case for resting some players against Sarries so that they're fit & ready to go against LI, Gloucs & Worcs....

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 17:46
After a couple of annoying years when they didnít play they were all back for the fixture last year.

Iíd be very disappointed if they were allowed to miss the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2018 17:50 by blucherquin.

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 19:26
Yes I would definitely be in favour of resting key players against Sarries to focus on the next three (more winnable) games. Likewise, one could argue that you play your strongest team against Sarries to try and build some momentum rather that the Bath win just being a one off. Then again whilst Quins have a good record against Sarries at home, when we play them away, it is a different story.

Fursty (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 10:02
I think we need to go all out to beat Sarries - If we win then we're back in with a small chance of making top 6, especially with Irish at home in the following game. Lose and the rest of the season will be a bit of a write off.

DOK. (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:15
Plus Sarries won't be playing at home. There will be a crowd there, most of whom don't care for the rugby - so closer to the Stoop than Alliance Park! smiling smiley

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
17 March, 2018 09:01
Oi! I resemble that comment!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
17 March, 2018 10:17
Iíll be curious to see how Sarries approach the game. Theyíve been in pretty poor form so they may want to parachute their England players straight back in to the side.

Barring injury, I canít see any reason why Marler, Sinckler and Brown wouldnít be available and (relatively fresh) but we could also really do with Care starting given how poor the alternatives are.

It would be good to see Mulchrone back too as heís significantly better than Lewis IMO.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 March, 2018 10:26
Quote:
Scrumhead
Iíll be curious to see how Sarries approach the game. Theyíve been in pretty poor form so they may want to parachute their England players straight back in to the side.
Barring injury, I canít see any reason why Marler, Sinckler and Brown wouldnít be available and (relatively fresh) but we could also really do with Care starting given how poor the alternatives are.

It would be good to see Mulchrone back too as heís significantly better than Lewis IMO.

Sarries have nearly always played all their England players in that fixture. We let them off for some reason for two years - but as I say - everyone played last year - Robshaw, Marler, Brown, Care

Nookes (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 09:54
Have to smile, if you read all the comments on this site from 'Harlequins fans'? are they? they happily criticise Mike Brown all the time on here. Mike, whom IBMTryTracker reveals was England's influential man in the defeat to Ireland, however they can't wait to get him back in H squad. I just hope he doesn't read this rubbish on here! Guess he has better things to do. Hopefully there will be a good Welcome back from the crowd when he and the others return.

DOK. (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 10:06
We're a tough crowd on here! smiling smiley

blucherquin (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 12:58
Quote:
Nookes
Have to smile, if you read all the comments on this site from 'Harlequins fans'? are they? they happily criticise Mike Brown all the time on here. Mike, whom IBMTryTracker reveals was England's influential man in the defeat to Ireland, however they can't wait to get him back in H squad. I just hope he doesn't read this rubbish on here! Guess he has better things to do. Hopefully there will be a good Welcome back from the crowd when he and the others return.

Youíre his mum. Definitely. Or work for IBM and are trying to get clicks up. I reckon the four different threads youíve posted this on should cover it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net