rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Harlequins Sign Bath Prop Nick Auterac
WellingQuin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:01
And now the second long running transfer rumour from Bath has happened...

HARLEQUINS SIGN BATH PROP NICK AUTERAC
Tuesday, 13th March 2018 @ 16:00

HARLEQUINS HAS TODAY ANNOUNCED THAT BATH PROP NICK AUTERAC WILL JOIN THE SOUTH WEST LONDON CLUB AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

Director of Rugby John Kingston commented: "Nick is a highly respected and experienced Premiership loosehead prop. It is a position we already have strength in, but his arrival will ensure we have the necessary quality throughout the season in a key position.

I know he has aspirations on the Representative front and I am sure with our quality coaching group advancing his game, he will be able to take his performances on to the next level at Harlequins."

The 25-year-old loosehead will add further strength and depth to front row options at The Stoop, which already include England props Joe Marler, Kyle Sinckler and Will Collier, plus the up-and-coming Lewis Boyce who received his first call up to the England senior squad earlier this year.

Im really excited about joining Harlequins, said Auterac. Its a club I have always followed closely and the opportunity to work with John Kingston, Graham Rowntree and Adam Jones is something I am really looking forward to and cannot wait to get started.

Re: Harlequins Sign Bath Prop Nick Auterac
FBQuin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:09
I know he has aspirations on the Representative front and I am sure with our quality coaching group advancing his game, he will be able to take his performances on to the next level at Harlequins."

Cough! Cough!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:13
Quote:
FBQuin
Cough! Cough!

To be fair, when it comes to props - weve got Jones and Rowntree. It may be our only good coaching area recently - got Sink to Lions and Collier in an England shirt.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:30
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
FBQuin
Cough! Cough!

To be fair, when it comes to props - weve got Jones and Rowntree. It may be our only good coaching area recently - got Sink to Lions and Collier in an England shirt.

We do have a great track record of producing quality props. Ross, Jones, JJ, Marler, Sink, to name a few.

Yareet (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:34
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
FBQuin
Cough! Cough!

We do have a great track record of producing quality props. Ross, Jones, JJ, Marler, Sink, to name a few.

Producing quality props.
Jones????

I think hed done a bit before joining Quins

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:36
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
FBQuin
Cough! Cough!

Producing quality props.
Jones????

I believe Quinky may be referring to Ceri Jones, not Adam...

Andrew_quins (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 18:18
Good signing for when Marler and potentially in the coming seasons Boyce are away with England. No mention of Lambert amongst the stock of props. Cant recall when his contract is up

quin_jon (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 18:51
I believe the CAW insider mentioned, in another thread, that Lambert would be retiring at the end of the season.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 18:56
Quote:
quin_jon
I believe the CAW insider mentioned, in another thread, that Lambert would be retiring at the end of the season.

Yeah hes now Chairman of the RPA, writes a bit - think itll be retirement this summer.

Hants Hog Dean (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 19:22
I know it's been widely assumed that Lambo will be retiring at the end of the season, but I think his performances have shown there's still life in the old dog yet/could certainly go on for a bit longer!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 19:29
I was said on here (by the very reliable arniepipe) that Lambert is now not calling it a day. He is staying on at Quins but has taken a large paycut

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 19:30
Quote:
Hants Hog Dean
I know it's been widely assumed that Lambo will be retiring at the end of the season, but I think his performances have shown there's still life in the old dog yet/could certainly go on for a bit longer!

Lambo appears to be taking a pay cut to stay with us for next season. Although, I wonder if he gets paid to be head of the Rugby Players Association thing. Still we do look to be building some serious strength in our props but you cant have a good front row without a good hook!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 19:34
I think Elia could make a decent starting prop, but as with everyone else he needs to stay fit.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 19:46
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
FBQuin
Cough! Cough!

Producing quality props.
Jones????

Indeed, I hadn't even thought about Adam Jones! Our starting props of Mike Ross and Ceri Jones were a pretty decent pairing.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 19:49
Quote:
RodneyRegis
I think Elia could make a decent starting prop, but as with everyone else he needs to stay fit.

Rather see him at Hooker!!!

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 21:33
Auterac is another signing of a very injury struck player who once showed good potential. From memory he started out really well at Bath before the injury curse. Marler, Boyce, Lambert, Auterac, is a decent stable of looseheads though. Welcome along Nick & best wishes.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 21:37
Don't forget Holenstien (if he is staying)

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:21
Obviously dont know the guy but he seems to lack aggression and always seems a bit subdued. Was surprised he is 25.

Hope he goes well for us and stays injury free.

berksmenxxx (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:22
I am a bit worried as we seem to have a lot of props. My concern is the rumours that Sink is a target for Sarries. is this his replacement? I desperately hope not.
If not so as i hope then I would like to see some strengthening at lock and back row which to me are more of a priority.

thomh (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:27
Quote:
berksmenxxx
I am a bit worried as we seem to have a lot of props. My concern is the rumours that Sink is a target for Sarries. is this his replacement? I desperately hope not.
If not so as i hope then I would like to see some strengthening at lock and back row which to me are more of a priority.

They don't play in the same position.

Cookie (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:40
Another positive JK quote crammed in. Squad players from all over the land are desperate to play for him.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:15
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Rather see him at Hooker!!!

You knew what I meant!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:17
Quote:
thomh
Quote:
berksmenxxx

They don't play in the same position.

Then I desperately hope not.

Fursty (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 15:53
Quote:
Cookie
Another positive JK quote crammed in. Squad players from all over the land are desperate to play for him.

Except for desperate Dan who's off to Bath.

jonf (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 01:55
squad player. at least he may play unlike other recruits...

Yareet (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 06:52
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
blucherquin

Producing quality props.
Jones????

Indeed, I hadn't even thought about Adam Jones! Our starting props of Mike Ross and Ceri Jones were a pretty decent pairing.

Oops. My bad. Apologies

Bri (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 06:54
Auterac is Outstanding Prop .He is is a great addition to your stable of good English props and with a Lambert not being offered a contract youll have 3 good front line loseheads.

BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 10:40
For those of you able to visit the Rec tonight for the A-league game you will see both Auterac and Tapuai play (in what appears to be a very strong Bath team). Safe journey.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 11:01
Saw that Bath team, you do realise its A League and not a prem game!!!!

BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 11:09
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Saw that Bath team, you do realise its A League and not a prem game!!!!

Yes it is quite odd given the teams that we put out earlier in the year (one of which contained 13 students from the uni). Guess a few players need some minutes in the legs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net