rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Roberts off?
dr_miles (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 10:26
Suggestion that the good doctor is leaving for Bath.

[www.ruck.co.uk]

Re: Roberts off?
berksmenxxx (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:15
Here we go again, we get Tapui and lose Roberts, and at a time when he looks as though he will not be missing for the 6 N and autumn internationals. We are a joke our squad gets worse season after season.

I will of course still get a e mail about my match day experience.

raedarius (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:19
Quote:
berksmenxxx
Here we go again.

Indeed.

berksmenxxx (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:33
In fact the more I think of it the worse this is if true. Whilst Roberts get criticism from some quarters he does offer excellent defence - hardly something we can afford to do without judging my some of the performances this season.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:43
Not sure what planet you have been living on but it’s been pretty common knowledge that Roberts will leave at end of the season

berksmenxxx (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:36
Quote:
berksmenxxx
Here we go again.

@#$%& maybe you are happy with the recruitment in recent season and the position in the table - must be all the great players we have brought in and the championship chasing squad we have assembled

It is just bad luck that since 2012 we have got progressively worse

Cookie (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:38
Please don't feed the animals.

berksmenxxx (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:40
I did not know it was definite that he was off although I had heard rumours he may go to Japan.

I do have other things in life other than Quins. That is not meant to be rude or sarky so no offence meant. I honestly did not know and do not bother to look on here more than about once a month.

Just do not see Tapui as any sort of quality replacement but that has been the way for years now.

HEY HO

raedarius (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:44
Quote:
berksmenxxx
Quote:
berksmenxxx
Here we go again.

@#$%& maybe you are happy with the recruitment in recent season and the position in the table - must be all the great players we have brought in and the championship chasing squad we have assembled

It is just bad luck that since 2012 we have got progressively worse

If you are going to throw insults, at least get the quotation right so you are not arguing with yourself.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:45
Quote:
Cookie
Please don't feed the animals.

Spot on Cookie

Almost quin (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:56
Roberts Form has been patchy at best and don’t feel he ever truly bought into Quins.. I disagree re signings we have strengthened the squad but unfortunately our three big signings have been injured for majority of the season and don’t see how the adding of Earle Tapui and Auterac is not strengthening the squad yes we need more though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/03/2018 11:58 by Almost quin.

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:54
And now it's official...

ROBERTS TO LEAVE HARLEQUINS AT THE END OF THE SEASON
Wednesday, 14th March 2018 @ 12:00

HARLEQUINS HAS TODAY CONFIRMED THAT CENTRE JAMIE ROBERTS IS TO LEAVE THE LONDON CLUB AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

Director of Rugby John Kingston commented: "Jamie has been a model professional throughout his time at the Club. After much thought and reflection, it was decided that we would not be able to offer him a contract extension at the end of the season.

His experience, focus and determination will be missed, but I have no doubt whatsoever that he will remain fully committed to the Club until the end of the season. On behalf of everyone at Harlequins I wish him well for the future and with the next chapter of his career.

Harlequins recently announced that Bath and Australia centre Ben Tapuai will be joining the Club next season.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:56
"not be able to offer him a contract extension"

Why? Is it because we do not want him? Does he not want to stay? Is it a cost issue?

Very short statement and does not say too much.

Quins4life (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:02
[www.bathrugby.com]

Roberts confirmed to Bath. Can't help but feel we have got the worse end of this deal

DOK (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:05
Suspect Roberts was too expensive.

Dave L (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:10
Quote:
DOK
Suspect Roberts was too expensive.

Yes, I suspect that on the cost vs. age vs. priorities calculation that we just didn't have the money to offer him.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:18
Roberts has been no great shakes for us so will reserve judgment

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:13
Not bothered as long as we use the cash.

Rocker (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:14
It does seem an odd statement, all be it not unexpected. I assume it's cost related.

DOK (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:17
Maybe we have an All Black on the way? (Sm60)

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:36
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Not bothered as long as we use the cash.

Same for me.

Roberts has been good this season, but not exceptional, and he was fairly anonymous before that.

Based on the sort of money he was supposed to be on, you would hope we can use it to improve elsewhere, although I think we're still short a ball-carrying centre.

Cookie (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 12:57
With Saili and Marchant alongside Tapuai saving around 150k on Roberts, I'm not too worried. Although I caveat that with the need to spend the saved money on a 2/4/8/9.

akb1 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 13:04
We'll bring in another New Zealander for the season?

14 March, 2018 13:06
Quote:
Cookie
With Saili and Marchant alongside Tapuai saving around 150k on Roberts, I'm not too worried. Although I caveat that with the need to spend the saved money on a 2/4/8/9.

Agreed with this, but I would say we would not need to spend more on 8. Bothma, Clifford, Luamanu and Chisholm can play there.

but 2/4 and 9 need investment

blucherquin (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 13:11
Yeah Im happy with our centres - and they wont be going anywhere during call up time.

A 9 has surely got to be a priority after this year?

Second row slightly depends on Twomey getting back to the player he looked like he was gong to be.

Im also happy with Bothma, Luamanu, Chis and Clifford.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 13:13
Better to have someone keen to play than not , Roberts is a good player when in the zone , which has been improved this season , but has gone missing in games too often to be considered a massive loss .

Hopefully Tapuai will bring some enthusiasm to the centre .

on Bath FB someone has written "Id be happy if we signed Julia Roberts bound to be better than what we've got " ..

unhappy folk all over the place !

TheGP (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 13:33
Good riddance. Massive salary and 2 out of 3 seasons has done nothing
Were better off without

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 13:39
Quote:
blucherquin
Yeah Im happy with our centres - and they wont be going anywhere during call up time.

Second row slightly depends on Twomey getting back to the player he looked like he was gong to be.

I agree about the centres. Tapuai, Salli, Marchant plus Lang and Cheeseman (Im quite excited to see how the latter two develop) I think we have most styles convered.

Lock I would like a big bruiser with a bit of presence. Twomey, Matthews and Okafor all leaving. Donbrandt and Symmons in. I like Symmons but Dombrandt a bit of an unknown. I thought South had a really good game against Tiggers so that is another positive.

9, Im not really sure what is going on. Care first choice. Mulchrone as third choice and then Waters and Saunders. Im happy with those if we could have someone like Kitto. The problem ins Lewis. Im not a fan, too slow and does not really offer much for me. It seems as though he is second choice and I just have a feeling that JK sees him as DCs replacement when he is away. Would not surprise me if he is on a decent amount as well. Experienced Prem player, England Saxon, decent age.

Hooker I would make the priority. Gray off so Elia and Buchanan fighting it out behind a new body. Ward as cover and Piper in the Academy. The problem (no disrespect), is we have signed Crumpton. He may be the soloution but unless someone else is going I dont see another hooker coming in.

All the above could alter as there may be leavers we do not know of.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/03/2018 13:41 by HonkyTonk.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 13:55
Must have missed Twomey off....

T-Bone (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 14:14
Twomey and Sloan being released, if true and if they are not retiring due to injury, I still find very odd

miller8 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 15:54
Roberts was part of a team that was no great shakes..

ACQuins (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 17:12
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
blucherquin

I agree about the centres. Tapuai, Salli, Marchant plus Lang and Cheeseman (Im quite excited to see how the latter two develop) I think we have most styles convered.

Lock I would like a big bruiser with a bit of presence. Twomey, Matthews and Okafor all leaving. Donbrandt and Symmons in. I like Symmons but Dombrandt a bit of an unknown. I thought South had a really good game against Tiggers so that is another positive.

9, Im not really sure what is going on. Care first choice. Mulchrone as third choice and then Waters and Saunders. Im happy with those if we could have someone like Kitto. The problem ins Lewis. Im not a fan, too slow and does not really offer much for me. It seems as though he is second choice and I just have a feeling that JK sees him as DCs replacement when he is away. Would not surprise me if he is on a decent amount as well. Experienced Prem player, England Saxon, decent age.

Hooker I would make the priority. Gray off so Elia and Buchanan fighting it out behind a new body. Ward as cover and Piper in the Academy. The problem (no disrespect), is we have signed Crumpton. He may be the soloution but unless someone else is going I dont see another hooker coming in.

All the above could alter as there may be leavers we do not know of.

On 9s, Will Chudley was available at the end of the season, but I remember seeing a rumour that he had been snapped up by someone - can't remember who. He would have been an ideal second choice after Danny.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 17:45
Bath I think

ironquin (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 18:14
Thanks to Roberts and good luck at Bath. Very nice chap he is as well.

We need to see how these new players play for us first before we make judgement. They could turn out as gems or they might not. Hope we get a big name signing in also.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 18:59
His opta stats for the season tend to disagree with the Hes not very good comments
But at the end of the day obviously thought the money could be spent better elsewhere

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 19:34
Where is the evidence that Twomey is off? And Dombrandt looks exactly the type of player we need - a big old unit and apparently he was one of the stars of the U20 Six Nations last year a ball carrier in the mould of a Ben Morgan. Likewise, I know a few other AP clubs wanted him but we snapped him up. I have high expectations!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 20:06
The ever reliable arniepipe. Been spot on with all his info.

Screech (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 07:08
Strong rumour on the Wuss board that you've signed Ben Te'o

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 07:09
Quote:
DOK
Maybe we have an All Black on the way? (Sm60)

We've got one - Sailli smiling smiley

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 07:30
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Not really sure we need him, esp if he is away with England most of the time. Good player but rather we improved elsewhere

never sleep (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:24
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Not really sure we need him, esp if he is away with England most of the time. Good player but rather we improved elsewhere

I have never seen arniepipe play - but he does provide good intel - so I think that arniepie is a useful addition.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:25
Quote:
Screech
Strong rumour on the Wuss board that you've signed Ben Te'o

Another centre??

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Screech (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:31
Yeah, that's the gist of things, one of our reliable sources (99% hit rate) have essentially confirmed you've signed Te'o. He was never available at Wuss and with Francois Venter coming in, we don't need Te'o.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2018 08:33 by Screech.

Cookie (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 09:19
Quote:
Screech
Yeah, that's the gist of things, one of our reliable sources (99% hit rate) have essentially confirmed you've signed Te'o. He was never available at Wuss and with Francois Venter coming in, we don't need Te'o.

Teos agent adamant hes going to see out his contract.

Fursty (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 09:30
I'd take Te'o in a heartbeat - might not seem to click at international level but always seems to do very well in the premiership.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net