rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Players in and the wage bill
CroydonQuin (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 05:44
Crumpton - joe gray - small saving
Auterac - lambert - extra (lambert 1 extra year at reduced rate)
Symons - matthews - even
Dombrant - twomey - small saving
Tapuai - roberts - big saving
Earle - yarde - small saving
- sloan- saving
- lowe- saving
- stanley - saving
Smith - extra

Have i missed anyone?

Not sure about contract renewals , smith and visser perhaps but there should be some surplus to play with.

Front row. Strong, maybe a hooker but im not so sure unless top class.

2nd row. Lets hope the signings have impact and horwill can stay fit.

Back row. Fine here i think, if clifford and bothma can stay fit theres lots of options.

Scrum half. Big concern for me! Spend any surplus here. No top quality behind danny and he is away half the time.

Fly half. Fine, barring an injury crises.

Centres. Id be worried about injuries, saili is prone. sloan leaving with no replacement. Also lowe retired this season. Stanley leaving?

Back 3. Fine i think, morris been a bit flaky since return but im hopeful. Ibitoye to come through and earle a good signing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2018 09:36 by CroydonQuin.

Re: Players in and the wage bill
fandg2 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:34
If you're trying to guess how much could be in the salary coffers think you should add 'Smith - Extra'. Next year he would have been on a 2nd year Academy contract (20-30k) but JK needed to up his salary big style (reported 200k) to keep other clubs at bay. Would have taken a big chunk out of next seasons salary budget

CroydonQuin (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:42
Yes i kind of alluded to that with comment on contract renewals. I know visser renewed too, theres probably others as well. I still think thered some space left, and id spend it on a top scrum half.

That much for smith??

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:44
Quote:
fandg2
If you're trying to guess how much could be in the salary coffers think you should add 'Smith - Extra'. Next year he would have been on a 2nd year Academy contract (20-30k) but JK needed to up his salary big style (reported 200k) to keep other clubs at bay. Would have taken a big chunk out of next seasons salary budget

Ugo said the numbers in the press were way off. But even if you call it 100k its a chunk of cash we didnt expect to miss.

t

CroydonQuin (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:50
100k sounds more realistic

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:52
Quote:
CroydonQuin
100k sounds more realistic

Its the ballpark Ugo hinted at

Fursty (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 09:28
Has Joe Gray been confirmed as leaving?

Need to add Sloan and Lowe to the savings list and think Stanley might be off too.

plzd (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 10:18
We need a top class hooker one who can find his man at a L/O would be useful - not cheap

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 14:19
Quote:
plzd
We need a top class hooker one who can find his man at a L/O would be useful - not cheap

Clifford's cousin, Steph Clifford, aka Stormy Daniels might fit your bill: only $130,000 needed...

Almost quin (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 11:27
We’ve signed a new hooker for next season already can’t remember his name I would be surprised if we sign another one

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 11:23
Quote:
Almost quin
We’ve signed a new hooker for next season already can’t remember his name I would be surprised if we sign another one

Max Crumpton from Bristol

CroydonQuin (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 11:36
Yeah crumpton he is on the list.

So thats:
buchanon- prob jks 1st choice
Elia- rapidly developing
Ward- experienced backup
Crumpton- surely signed for potential
Piper- academy potential

Not sure where there is space in the squad for another hooker. Not even sure gray is leaving..

Quinoids (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 12:12
Is Sloan confirmed as going?

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 22:51
Quote:
CroydonQuin

But Roberts was a marquee player outside the cap. Tapuai can't be due to playing in the Prem already.

So if the other figures are accurate we logically couldn't have been spending to the cap, as Quins mgmt like to claim. I guess one possibility is Roberts could have been moved out of marquee status when Saili and Cat joined....but who knows!

N.b. Cap doesn't increase for 18/19 - fixed at 7m for 2 more seasons.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 23:29
Quote:
Dark Pies
Quote:
CroydonQuin

But Roberts was a marquee player outside the cap. Tapuai can't be due to playing in the Prem already.

So if the other figures are accurate we logically couldn't have been spending to the cap, as Quins mgmt like to claim. I guess one possibility is Roberts could have been moved out of marquee status when Saili and Cat joined....but who knows!

N.b. Cap doesn't increase for 18/19 - fixed at 7m for 2 more seasons.

Whether he was a marquee player or not, has no bearing on potential savings. If a player is cheaper, there's a saving.

CroydonQuin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 06:43
No confirmation on gray or sloan leaving, just rumours.

I really liked the look of sloan but he is at an awkward point in his career, having spent 2 years injured he is no longer that young player with 1st team potential and he is not an established squad player either. It becomes diffucult for the club to find a contract for him beyond what he is on now, he may have to move on.

CroydonQuin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 06:50
For joe gray its elias progress and the signing of crumpton that look ominous, he is looking at 3rd, possibly even 4th choice. This probably means any contract offer would be less than he is on now.

I still think its scrum half where we need to bring in quality... i see hougaard just resigned for worcester.

arniepie (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 09:41
Sloan going to Ealing next season

Dave L (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 11:22
Im not sure Roberts has ever a marquee player. Always thought it was Horwill and Nev prior to this season when it became Horwill and Saili. May be wrong on that though.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 14:03
Quote:
arniepie

They are my surprise tip to win the title next season. Also signed the young guy from Saints that has been released (name escapes me, is a lock).

blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 14:55
Quote:
arniepie

So hes obviously not lived up to the promise and is behind Lang etc

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 16:19
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
arniepie

Generally been very impressed whenever I have seen Sloan play, I suppose difficult decisions have to be made and he has had is fair share of injuries.

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 17:04
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
arniepie

Unless Ealing come up next season instead of Bristol?

Dave L (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 18:02
Quote:
InsertQuinsPunHere
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
arniepie

Unless Ealing come up next season instead of Bristol?

I would Kevin Keegan love it, love it if that happened. Are they capable of coming up though? Ground requirements etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net