rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

"United We Stand"
BuckQuin (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 12:36
The push starts now: "United We Stand"

Don't know how much you can really read into it but Kyle appears right at the end. Hopefully ends the rumours that he's being poached if his face is selling next season's memberships? Be a bit embarrassing if he does go...

Re: "United We Stand"
Toast (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 12:49
Another triumph by the marketing team:

Apparently we had a good win over Bristol amongst others at the stoop this year......

Was Actually a dumb person i.e. me NOT reading it correctly! Opps!sad smiley unreserved apologies to the all knowing Marketing team.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2018 13:46 by Toast.

GP2110 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 12:58
The Stoop has witnessed some memorable victories this season, with thrilling performances against Saracens, Wasps and Bristol Rugby in the Aviva Premiership, Champions Cup and Tyrrells Premier 15s respectively.

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 13:02
Quote:
Toast
Another triumph by the marketing team:
Apparently we had a good win over Bristol amongst others at the stoop this year......

I thought that at first and then realised that the Saracens victory relates to the Premiership, the Wasps victory relates to the Champions Cup and the Bristol victory relates to the Ladies game in the Tyrells Premier 15s.

Very little success available to write about meaning that a few straws are being clutched at.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 13:02
Quote:
BuckQuin
The push starts now: "United We Stand"
Don't know how much you can really read into it but Kyle appears right at the end. Hopefully ends the rumours that he's being poached if his face is selling next season's memberships? Be a bit embarrassing if he does go...

Horwill and Sink are the only two players on the static ad - so it would be a bit silly

akb1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 14:58
usual marketing rubbish IMO.
Exciting times for Rugby and our Club
Just celebrated 150 Years
Squad in Transition.
The future is bright.
blah blah blah

I will be renewing as soon as I get paid.
Looking forward to next season already #COYQ

blucherquin (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 16:32
Quote:
akb1
usual marketing rubbish IMO.
Exciting times for Rugby and our Club
Just celebrated 150 Years
Squad in Transition.
The future is bright.
blah blah blah

I will be renewing as soon as I get paid.
Looking forward to next season already #COYQ

Well, it is marketing, yes. Video was quite a good bit of marketing I thought.

And you're renewing - so it must have worked...(Sm100)

akb1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 17:01
Only read the page with the message from Ellis, looked at price for renewal and my decision was made.
Although I already knew I would renew.

Jus-Quin-Time (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 17:20
The seasons not over yet but the begging bowl is out.

Bit difficult to buy into the "United we Stand" theme when the club programmed, willingly or otherwise, two games that clash with those over the road. Not much thought given to those supporters that travel in by road or rail - we still await a solution.

My enthusiasm for the club is waning by the week.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 17:21
Iím not sure when you buy a product that someone is selling youíre putting money in a ďbegging bowlĒ

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 17:31
6 Renewers here. Happy Days!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Jus-Quin-Time (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 12:37
Quote:
blucherquin
Iím not sure when you buy a product that someone is selling youíre putting money in a ďbegging bowlĒ
Yes you are right. Totally inappropriate and emotionally loaded words borne out of frustration.

Mancquin (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 13:10
Definitely renewing, but then as I live in Twickenham its not very practical to consider supporting anyone else. And anyhow, I enjoy being driven mad and frustrated by Quins unpredictability.

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 13:17
I will be renewing.

I predict a good season for Quins as I will miss much of it due to being abroad. The last time I did this was 2011/12 when I went to the RWC and saw mostly a load of shite rugby while Quins were tearing it up at home smiling smiley

West Stand Quin (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 13:38
Renewed my Quins season ticket today, support the team but not how the club is currently being run. Fans being disenfranchised and enjoyment being drained by management. Next season will be my 30th year there, I hope itís a significant improvement on the last few years

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 16:12
I always wonder who these things are marketed at:

I assume it is for new STH's - as those of us who already have a ST will either renew or not regardless of the guff put out by the club.

I'll be there next year i think it will be my 26th season....

I reckon that's why i don't get too down with the clubs poor performance - if you even out the little period of success for three years 2011,2012,2013 - we're kind of really consistently average - just like this year...

kholmes1 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 20:21
I buy it, I renewed this evening.

#COYQ

Cookie (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 20:26
Have prices gone up?

akb1 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 20:32
I think mine has only increased by £5

Mayor West (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 20:42
I will renew but I'm only an ameteur at 10yrs of "membership" . I grew up a stones throw from the Stoop and remember watching mud wrestling from the grassy slopes outside the running track trying to avoid the bloke coming round to collect entrance fees. Have always followed their progress though and seen the odd game but always worked weekends so couldn't get to games. I don't know what I would do if I didn't go now, whatever the result.

FloQuin (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 21:45
Don't post a lot if ever
I've renewed Good feeling about next year after many bad ones
Could be defined as blind faith

never sleep (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 21:54
I will be renewing. But this season will need some thinking about first. The reason is that one of my kids is now 16, so it's no longer a junior, hence a bit of an increase (and he may want to do something else instead of going to the Stoop).
So, there may be one fewer renewals (or maybe not)

TW Quin (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 22:15
Two of us renewing canít imagine otherwise. Blind faith yes. Passion for our club yes.

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 19:48
Would be gutted if Sinckler left to Saracens - would massively increase my hatred of Saracens even more - if that's possible.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 20:26
Dont think he is going anywhere

poorfour (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 10:44
5 of us auto-renewing on Direct Debit, and probably going to get stung for a credit card charge because they canít add our car park pass to the DD - and then charge me for paying by card because they canít do it any other way.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 12:16
Quote:
poorfour
5 of us auto-renewing on Direct Debit, and probably going to get stung for a credit card charge because they canít add our car park pass to the DD - and then charge me for paying by card because they canít do it any other way.

You may be able to do it by putting the funds into the eCash for your Membership, then pay for the Car Park pass using that. I did that for the car parking pass for BG10, and that saved me the £3 CC fee!

Greene King (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:18
No renewal from us next season.

Legally drinking ale since 1986 & moaning like a good un with Q-GOMC since 2010.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:20
Quote:
Greene King

Why out of interest?

Dave L (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:51
It’s a very hard decision for me this year. After the Exeter shambles with the final COS game in 2016 I swore not to renew but did in the end thinking I should give JK and his team a chance to change stuff and so renewed. Things did improve a bit last year and Champs Cup qualification was a good outcome.

This season has been the most frustrating I can remember and to be honest I’m tired of coming to watch a team that continues to make the same old errors led by what appears to be a leadership team both coaching and boardroom that come across IMHO as somewhat naive. We turn up for a few games per season and are rank amateur for a fair few more. This is the first time I’ve started to not enjoy going and this really makes me sad as Quins has been a huge part of my life for the best part of 20 years.

Very much undecided. Today’s rubbish hasn’t helped much!

akb1 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:42
Quote:
poorfour

There isnt a credit card fee added.

MarlerOne (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 18:24
Seconded, I've renewed by credit card and there was no charge

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2018 18:25 by MarlerOne.

Wyddy (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 18:55
Unsure of renewing if we continue to reward poor performance... not feeling it, and the United we Stand@#$%&feels patronising.

grimsbyquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:19
Me and my wife will be renewing and continue to do a 500 mile round trip every home game,you pick your team and follow them though thick and thin ,the good times are just around the corner

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:20
Its just a big bend!!!!

24 March, 2018 21:04
I’m not enjoying it, so after having a ST for 20 years I have cancelled my membership.... the advertising boards above the membership lounge entrance in block FB will no longer have to put up with my pounding!! (That said, not sure I’ve done it all this season!)

Greene King (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 22:06
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Greene King

Why out of interest?
This has been the first season where we havenít enjoyed watching Quins. Itís not the 300 mile round trip, weather or anything other than having to pay to watch poor on pitch performance.

Iím not in the Kingston out camp either having spent a considerable amount of time interviewing him. Despite what people may think I found him to be genuine, honest and above all wanting Quins to do well. Iím sure this will provoke some to say that if he does care about Quins then he should go but I think it may take far more than him resigning to change our fortune.

So in short I would rather save my cash and see how the season goes.

Legally drinking ale since 1986 & moaning like a good un with Q-GOMC since 2010.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 22:23
I'm renewing because Quins has been and will around longer than the current dross in charge. I still enjoy the day out and love the club. I think the current CEO, DOR and coaches are poor and will go down in club history as a blot. I think jk cares and is passionate but out of his depth. I think Ellis is an opportunist and bad news. Still, I enjoy going

mccc (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 23:07
Bye then

Navyquin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 07:53
May not be happy with how things are going and the performances but I will still be renewing.

WoTQuin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 12:16
We will not be renewing. We have not enjoyed this season on the whole. I am very passionate about Quins and believe that this is the only real kind of protest about our ďacceptedĒ malaise that will be heard.

I have often read on here that some people think we are just a mid-table club and should just accept that. I cannot support any enterprise that feels that way and it seems to me that the Board also believes this mid-table view. I canít accept it as right because I keep looking at Exeter and seeing what is possible. I look at Newcastle and see it again. I even believe it is happening at Gloucester now too. Even Northampton have made change happen because they will not accept mid-table mediocrity.

My beloved Quins on the other hand seem to lack any sense of ambition other than in the DoRís and CEOís empty words plus some patronising marketing.

Greene King (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 13:25
Quote:
mccc
Bye then

Outstanding contribution to the thread.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 13:51
Those that are not renewing have to think that you could miss out on the year that it all turns round. That's why I renew each season. Also don't forget that you have to fork out the full amount if you renew the following year and you might not get a seat in your favourite position. Even if you only turn up for our annual beating of Saracens it would be worth it. It's not like we have been bottom of the league for several seasons. Go on, you know you really want to come again next year.

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 08:51
No-one seems to have asked what I would have thought would be the obvious question:

"Why choose a slogan of 'united we stand' at all?"

You only do that if there is factiousness within the group (i.e. amongst one or even all of the players/supporters/management/staff groups).

Is this a recognition that the club (i.e. the marketing types who seem to comprise the majority of David Ellis's staff team) can see that there is a lot of unrest and division? Marler's comments come back to mind.

The slogan only makes sense in the context of how it continues: "but divided we fall."

That said, Quins' problems run a whole lot deeper than "Come on chaps, let's pull together and then everything will be alright." Patently, things won't be, under this coaching set-up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2018 08:52 by Bucksquin.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 10:29
I doubt thereís so much conspiracy behind the slogan more that there are only so many ways you market a sports team...as youíll see from the past few years....

United We Stand
We Are In
Onwards Together
Letís Stand Together

Short of Quins Uber Alles and Make Quins Great Again Im pretty sure theyíve just run out of ideas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2018 11:11 by blucherquin.

Greene King (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 12:48
https://image.ibb.co/ixmg27/Make_quins_great_again.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2018 12:52 by Greene King.

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 17:03
Quote:
Greene King
https://image.ibb.co/ixmg27/Make_quins_great_again.jpg

Brilliant!

However, I think JK has Trump beaten for fake news ... "It's the injuries/new defensive system/players not following orders/referee/not my fault/not my squad yet ..."

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 21:54
Fantastic work GK!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

akb1 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2018 08:21
Although I have already renewed I thought I'd have a read through the brochure. One thing that caught my eye is that there will be a cap on membership of 9500. People will then be added to a waiting list for membership.
Anyone know how many members we have this season?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 March, 2018 11:18
Quote:
akb1
Although I have already renewed I thought I'd have a read through the brochure. One thing that caught my eye is that there will be a cap on membership of 9500. People will then be added to a waiting list for membership.

Pretty sure the club announced it was more than 10500 - or said it was up from that number from last year without being specific.

So that is interesting.....

akb1 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2018 11:42
Just found this, so current memberd are in the 9500 region.

[www.quins.co.uk]

never sleep (IP Logged)
30 March, 2018 13:35
That number was before the 1/2 season memberships went on sale. I guess they must sell a few of those.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
30 March, 2018 21:01
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
akb1

Pretty sure the club announced it was more than 10500 - or said it was up from that number from last year without being specific.

Thereby suggesting that the "vote with your feet" brigade aren't actually garnering much support?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 March, 2018 22:10
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
akb1

Thereby suggesting that the "vote with your feet" brigade aren't actually garnering much support?

Nah itís churn. Guess weíll see how many there are next year - or not, they may not reveal it if it drops I guess.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
31 March, 2018 09:25
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
akb1

Who are the 'vote with your feet brigade'? Shouldn't you have flounced by now?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
31 March, 2018 12:11
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
akb1

Who are the 'vote with your feet brigade'? Shouldn't you have flounced by now?

Whatís great about this is it literally makes no sense, youíre trying to insult someone but itís not clear who

DOK (IP Logged)
31 March, 2018 12:20
So, can I shut this thread yet? smiling smiley

Anyone else got anything to say on the subject "United We Stand"?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
01 April, 2018 10:12
Hold on! I haven't punned yet!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Samquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:36
The renewal pack eventually arrived today (9th April). The letter is dated 13th March. Did someone at the club forget to put them in the post. I note the deadline to cancel the direct debit was last Friday. 3 days before I received the letter.

Another example of the clubs inability to communicate properly with supporters.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:37
I wouldn't put it past Royal Mail!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net