Current Page: 1 of 2
Saracens v Quins - Match Thread
ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 14:24
COYQ

Re: Saracens v Quins - Match Thread
ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 14:39
JK interview - (After bad run) Stripped it right back and play one game at a time. The bottom line is to win today. We need to be right at the top of our game. Disappointed where we are today (in the table) and there is reasons for that.

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 14:41
Thanks finding it difficult to get a live stream here so most likely following on here.

QUIN KONG

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 14:52
Pen for Saracens 33m out. 3-0

silverquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:00
Trying to get a stream or radio commentary in Saigon. Any ideas guys?

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:00
Ah, we're trying the 'tackling optional' strategy again I see.

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:01
Try for Sarries. Too easy. Williams goes over.

After 10 minutes. 10-0

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:01
Sarries try in the corner - excellent conversion from Lozowski.

10-0

BB

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:11
Crowd very quiet at the London stadium

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
Don't fancy getting our lineouts right today I see

Quintastic. (IP Logged)
Do you think we might actually practice line outs one day? Maybe just wait until the summer

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:13
'Are we England in disguise'

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:14
Commentary saying 4 set pieces in a row we've mucked up.
But it's ok we prepared well for today.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:16
What a surprise - 22 mins in and commentators saying how quiet it is and can’t work out why.

That’ll be because 2/3 of the crowd don’t know what sport they’re watching.

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:16
Quins get pen for Sarries offside. The Cat takes the pen after getting his leg strapped.

35 metres out

10-3

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:21
Pen to Quins for calapsed scrum. 39 metres out

10 - 6

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:25
Catrakilis off injured, Smith on

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:25
Catraklis going off. Marcus Smith on

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:26
Ah, we're trying the 'tackling optional' strategy again I see.

Again

raedarius (IP Logged)
Well, that defence was utterly pathetic.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
Oh bum.

BB

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:27
Where were you for England Itoje?! First try in premiership this season

15-6

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:28
Only my opinion but flatmans commentary is so annoying to listen to

Hellequin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:29
Good to see our defence coaching during the week has been up to its normal standard.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:42
Just tuned in. Did they get a scrum from visser knocking on a high ball after Williams took him out in the air, with no chance of competing for the ball? If so, surely our pen, even if Tim landed on his feet. Or have I missed something? Awful defence either way.

And welling, not just you. He's the next Greenwood z but as well as all being rockstars, everyone is the best lad ever

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:34
“There are apparently 65000 here but you’d be hard pressed to notice”

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:37
Horwill unlucky there. He grabbed the ball while on his feet.

Pen Sarries 18-6

Half Time

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:38
One decision confused me more than any other. Barritt caught a kick, Horwill held him up. Scrum Sarries. Should have been scrum Quins?

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:39
53,325 I think they said

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:40
Quote:
Quinky Kin
One decision confused me more than any other. Barritt caught a kick, Horwill held him up. Scrum Sarries. Should have been scrum Quins?

Confused me also

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:40
Also, lots of Sarries flying into and over rucks, without binding on, as well as just flopping onto rucks.

Rubz (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:43
Quote:
Quinky Kin

No - if you get held up after catching a kick from the opposition, the ball goes to the team who took it in, not the defending team as it normally would do from a maul. Law 16 (Maul) point 18.

And on a minor note, I believe the catcher was Goode, not Barritt...

Dave L (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:55
Regardless of Sarries we’re doing a lot of the things badly that we often do badly. Wasting promising line outs and set piece position by sloppy play. Defence pretty foul at times.

Rubz (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:46
Quote:
Rubz
Quote:
Quinky Kin

No - if you get held up after catching a kick from the opposition, the ball goes to the team who took it in, not the defending team as it normally would do from a maul. Law 16 (Maul) point 18.

Exact wording of that law:

"18. If a maul is formed immediately after a player has directly caught an opponent's kick in open play, a scrum that is awarded for any of the above reasons will be to the team of the ball catcher."

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:50
55,329ish..... Refs missed a few either way, going from side to side with ball, no penetration....Chis only carried forward twice in 40 mins,

Ht 18-6

Monte (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:54
Not sure Luke Wallace is up for it, however Marcus and Browny seem to be

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 15:59
I’m not going to start my music in sport thread again. But SERIOUSLY Saracens, they’re playing bloody music every time the ball goes out of play.

I genuinely don’t get why double European champions, who away from “rivalry” are a great side and play good rugby - can’t get a proper fan following.

Monte (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:03
Yes glad I am not there.

Monte (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:04
Jack Clifford on, Joe Marler and Saili.

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:05
Nice to see Clifford back playing

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:07
YES TRY QUINS

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:18
Smith looking good

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:09
18-11

Monte (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:10
Marcus slow kicking. Gets us into trouble Browny saves the day 21-11

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:10
Pen Sarries

21-11

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:12
Quote:
Rubz
Quote:
Rubz
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Exact wording of that law:

"18. If a maul is formed immediately after a player has directly caught an opponent's kick in open play, a scrum that is awarded for any of the above reasons will be to the team of the ball catcher."

Fair enough. I always thought that was only from restarts. And yes, it was Goode.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:29
I've given up on trying to understand the breakdown. Seems you can go off your feet, in at the side, hold on, not roll away, do whatever you want. This is both sides. Each ref penalises as they see fit. Its a mess

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:32
I thought the ref was going to give penalties for back chat? At least he's finally given one for yet another cynical offence.

raedarius (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:40
World's most obvious side entry by Clifford. Sigh...

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:54
Frustrating thing is we could have won this - too many mistakes when we’ve been in their 22.

ironquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:44
Sarries obviously messing up the scrum to waste time. So frustrating. I thought we were going to win this with the clock at 70 and Sarries down to 14 but clever Sarries have outdone Quins.

Mr_B (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:44
This ref is soooooo poor today.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:57
Last 20 mins or so, all the possession, great field position. Nul points. Our maul is woeful. Brown and Smith playing well. Why is ward not on? A wasted opportunity ultimately. Not a great sarries performance but enough to win comfortably unless something miraculous happens in the next two mins

Dave L (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:58
Quote:
Fursty
Frustrating thing is we could have won this - too many mistakes when we’ve been in their 22.

Yeah, same old same old.

Wole (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:51
Some great play by both sides in patches, but a horrible game to watch ruined by tedious and often baffling refereeing technicalities (which are the fault of the game more than the ref, IMO), slow play, and the grinding tedium of rubbish scrums.

Saracens deserved to win, we were decent in 2nd half but never looked like winning and made our standard collection of match-shaping errors in the 1st half. Thought Matthews had a strong game, Smith did some brilliant things, Brown was very good.

Dave L (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:02
Quote:
T-Bone
Last 20 mins or so, all the possession, great field position. Nul points. Our maul is woeful. Brown and Smith playing well. Why is ward not on? A wasted opportunity ultimately. Not a great sarries performance but enough to win comfortably unless something miraculous happens in the next two mins

Smith had his moments but the exuberance at times was a bit uncontrolled. Today was such a familiar performance. A lot there that was almost good but ultimately some basic errors that negated the good and binned the opportunities to score points.

On a side note, the backchat from both sides today was disgraceful. Every decision seems to bring dissent of one kind or another which isn’t what we want to see at any time let alone in these showcase games where vastly more eyes are watching.

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 16:55
Poor game, just happy we won and no one seems seriously injured, the scrums today was an absolute shambles and Foley should have binned someone for all the back chat, it was disgraceful to see all the chat after every decision from both teams. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:09
Seemed to be a fair bit of niggle which, with the back chat, suggests a ref not in control. No excuse for the back chat though. We seem, not just in this match, to be good at getting within 10-20m, but then can't do the last bit.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:10
Frustrating game made harder because my TV seemed to be stuck on the Sarries Fanzone commentary. There were positives going forward Siali looked better than an inafective Roberts Smith and Brown good

Man from LA (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:08
$arries showing how to kill a game after 20 mins. It's hardly any wonder their Wembley crowds were losing thousands year on year (probably why they down-sized to the London Stadium) and their regular attendance is 9th out of 12 teams. And Itoje MotM?? Surprised Farrell didn't get it just for turning up.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:19
Sarries deserved to win a very dull game.

Ref was appalling but not reason we lost and backchat was really worrying and quite shameful on both sides frankly.

We can’t create anything for some reason.

As for the “experience” - really wonder what the point is. Crowd utterly uninterested in rugby and whoever was waving the flags had clearly never seen a rugby match before.

Sarries are a great side - they should be overwhelmed by season ticket requests and not need to put on this smoke and mirrors nonsense.

I’d much prefer to go to their place for a proper game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2018 17:22 by blucherquin.

kevin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:24
Quote:
Fursty

Sorry,Fursty, but we were not in the running for a win but we could have scraped a losing bonus if we had not been so lightweight /prone to error when,as you say , in their 22.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:47
Pretty dull game with a few lovely moves. We must get better at killing play off for the oppo by lying all over the rucks , going off our feet and generally getting in the way With minimal penalties against. Our returning players looked good apart from the Kat. Hope it's just a tweak. Incidentally I'm watching the Falcons Saints game and I'm having trouble with the black and white stripes and the luminous green.

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:59
We we’re never in the running for a win because we kept coughing up turnovers in their 22. Also with 5 minutes to go we should have taken the 3.

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 17:52
Quote:
Man from LA
$arries showing how to kill a game after 20 mins. It's hardly any wonder their Wembley crowds were losing thousands year on year (probably why they down-sized to the London Stadium) and their regular attendance is 9th out of 12 teams. And Itoje MotM?? Surprised Farrell didn't get it just for turning up.

Didn't know Trump came from LA.

Not a great game I know but too many out there who are kn***ered from 6 nations on both sides. I see that 13 (I think) of the Leinster team who Sarries play next week are on 'holiday' in Dubai (according to the times).

Donald - Sarries didn't 'downsize' - Wembley wasn't available because of Tottenham Hotspurs!!

Apologies to true Quins fans who have, as ever, been magnanimous in defeat. Best wishes for the rest of the season.

Dave L (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 18:06
Quote:
Barnetsarrie12
Poor game, just happy we won and no one seems seriously injured, the scrums today was an absolute shambles and Foley should have binned someone for all the back chat, it was disgraceful to see all the chat after every decision from both teams. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season

Cheers! I’ll be willing you to beat Leinster next weekend.

EnfieldMal (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 18:02
Quote:
blucherquin
Sarries deserved to win a very dull game.
Ref was appalling but not reason we lost and backchat was really worrying and quite shameful on both sides frankly.

We can’t create anything for some reason.

As for the “experience” - really wonder what the point is. Crowd utterly uninterested in rugby and whoever was waving the flags had clearly never seen a rugby match before.

Sarries are a great side - they should be

overwhelmed by season ticket requests and not need to put on this smoke and mirrors nonsense.

I’d much prefer to go to their place for a proper game.

The agreement with Barnet Council for the planning permission was only 16 games a season. IF we got through to the semi of each competition we would break the 16 games. To do the double header & this game away from Allianz means we cannot break the 16 games even if we get all home semi finals. Maybe one year we can reach an agreement with Barnet & play more than 16

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 18:14
Quote:

I imagine the point, as often made by Mark Evans, is to hopefully convert some new attendees into fans who will go and watch them in Barnet, especially youngsters/families.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 18:23
Sarries were good but not great - they effectively stopped playing just before the hour mark and we never really noticed they were there for the taking.

Quins played like a team that's mostly just given up on this season. Some highlights - Smith + Saili + Marchant are like trying to tackle eels - but more dumb play, some soft defence, and a rubbish first half, with Danny Care playing like he was trying to prove Eddie Jones right.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Hellequin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 18:27
I do wonder with this fixture and possibly the Big Gamethere could be a opportunity to get a more engaged audience in by providing free tickets to season ticket holders of both teams.

Likely to sell more seats to people. Who actually wantt to watch the rugby rather than have giveaways. STHs are likely to bring guests where more seats available than at the normal grounds and if it works out as better value for money than getting them off wowcher.

24 March, 2018 18:38
God that was awful viewing........just thrilled I stayed in and watched on TV. Atmosphere moon like, our attacking threat mostly non existent, our defence as usual had its mini nap to allow Maro to score.....zero points.......just dire!!!!!!

Mayor West (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 18:53
Breaking news. We have beaten Saracens. Well the ladies did, 29-32 . More of you should turn up and watch them as they nearly always win. Semi final at the Stoop on the 14 April.

Monte (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 18:59
Excellent summary from Paul Grayson on 5 Quins are playing two different ways ‘as they used to under Conor ie attacking from deep and a new style mixing it up. But they need to do one or other. Grayson and Flats excellent comments as always, the 2nd team of BT except for Ben are poor - sorry Ugo.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:12
Ladies top of the table now, although Sarries play their final game (in hand next week) so second looks likely.

As for the men, same old same old. Attack is no real threat at all, side to side, little bit forward, then pushed back. There was a period in the first half when we were attacking (well, side to side) and I am sure if the ref had not blown for a pen we would prob still be going now!!!

Defence done a few good things but I am not sure if it is a case that it was good defence, or it was just better than the usual awful standard!!

The set piece, its rubbish. Our line out, maul and scrum are all pretty poor for me. Scrum has its moments but looking at our props it should. Easter, Nev, Rowntree are all as culpable as JK. We are going no where fast.

I dont think it is an exaggeration to say if we do not take action soon we will pay the price. Today was our "best" 23 of the season. Doesn't say much about the rest.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:21
It being our best 23 just made it a competitive fixture rather than a blowout. Individuals kept us in it.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net