Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Saracens v Quins - Match Thread
SimonQuin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:26
And to top it all. Saints just got an LBP

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:27
It wasn't competitive. There was no way on earth Sarries were going to lose that game. Way I saw it, if they needed to they could have stepped up a gear. Only time I got a little excited was in the first half we have a couple of pick and goes in their half. Reminded me of when we were good

SimonQuin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:37
Mr Kingston needs to go now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2018 22:22 by grimboyd.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:49
Quote:
HonkyTonk
It wasn't competitive. There was no way on earth Sarries were going to lose that game. Way I saw it, if they needed to they could have stepped up a gear. Only time I got a little excited was in the first half we have a couple of pick and goes in their half. Reminded me of when we were good

We were what, 9 points behind for most of the 2nd half and a little composure would've seen us score at least one try. It was competitive. Sarries weren't great - aside from Brits their bench made things mostly worse and frankly they looked a bit lackadaisical for a large part of the second half.

This isn't the Saracens of last season.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:53
I think Sarries looked comfortable against us. Seen it said that they did not play that well but lets face it, how many times have people said that about the oppo this season. Teams are not having to play well to beat us. Seemed to me a few Sarries may have been saving themselves for next week.

Goode played well.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:56
He missed every tackle he attempted and all the ones he didn't, and barely passed a ball all day winking smiley

Looked decent in attack though.

Sarries did not look comfortable when they were conceding a string of penalties and a yellow card, but don't take this as a defence of Quins: it annoys me _more_ when we play against a team where the win is there for the taking if we step up and we totally fail to step up.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:03
Probably should have said compared to most others on the pitch!!

Just felt today that quins were in no danger at any point of winning that game.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:25
Hard to know really if sarries were poor by their standards or just doing enough

thing is they knew they have a big game next week whereas this was our only game bin a month I think.

I reckon Williams and brown could pick a fight with one another on a yoga retreat.

One of our better defensive performances saw us concede 21 points. Says q lot. Even if we had to renew jk's contract, why mapletoft too

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:19
The way our set piece is, I would rather JK coach the forwards, at least we might be able to maul a bit

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:20
Only seen one mention of Marchant on this thread. He looked very good today and was a threat going forward.I know positive comments are usually frowned upon, but give credit where it's due.

It was a game that we could have won, but officiating seemed poor. Both sides guilty of chat, until the ref warned of penalties if it continued. Then followed and argunent with Burger, and another with Goode. Then a period of penalties at will, and eventually a yellow card.

Sarries are a very good team. Sadly they are reminding me of the way Man United used to get away with plenty in football, and the way that refs seem to avoid issuing cards against them is reminiscent of the ABs. They'd had 4 yellows until today, when they could easily have had 3 or 4.

Some good individual performances today, but sadly they too often played as individuals.

1908 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:22
Jammy.

I normally look forward to your posts.

Saracens were not there for the taking. They coasted to a victory without really breaking sweat.

Goode had an excellent game. Looked a threat in attack because he carries the ball in two hands all the time. Their first try was an easy one but if Brown had to give that final pass I'm not sure Williams would have scored a regulation try every time. With Goode in that situation a try comes 9 times out of 10.

Care was dire. His passing was so slow and his kicking just dreadful. His dithering at the ruck just played into Sarries hands. As for kicking from hand....well your young number 10 was dreadful in that department.

The only positives I could see was Marchant. He looked a centre with real potential. As for the "Cat"....I'd ask for your money back.He, along with Horwill, needs to go back to Oz rather than drawing their pensions from the Quins.

I used to think that the ire and frustration from Quins's posters was an over reaction. But after watching the game today on Channel 5 I can see how bad a mess the club is in and can understand the anger felt by many of your supporters.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:27
Eh, Smith's tactical kicking is always a problem, but the kid came on and tore them open a few times. We were meandering before he came on and at least afterwards we posed them questions they didn't seem to handle too easily. Once the anonymous Roberts went off, we had Smith / Saili / Marchant who are amazingly hard to tackle or get a clean hit on.

Fullbacks can't have excellent games if they're a total shambles in defence, sorry.

Care was appallingly bad.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:45
Marchand usually plays well, but he needs quick ball to be at his best. Care today was having a wavy hands game rather than tormenting opposition bone. Roberts has played his 5 ok games for us. With the season effectively over might as well try to work on a new partnership. By the time I realised bt sport would work abroad cat was off, so no comment on how he played.

As for positive comments being frowned on, I'd respectfully disagree. I'd say being unable to accept a defeat without blaming the ref and making odd links to Man Utd and all blacks should be frowned on, but each to their own

Dibden (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 20:40
It seems highly probable we are at best going to finish 9th.An inside source tells me JKs contract was extended for 2 years and he has the full backing of those who matter.I cannot see any reason to hope things might improve next season.It is screamingly obvious something major has to change but the board remain by choice with their heads in the sand

RleQuin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 21:38
Any decent team would have scored twice in the last ten minutes and won the game.
As usual, we get a five metre line out and totally mess it up.
Just what are they doing in training that goes so well but falls apart as soon as we get to matchday?
More rubbish from a team believing its own publicity
RleQ

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 22:16
I really hope smith is backed next season ahead of the cat. Nothing against him, but a Ireland / sarries of old type territorial kicking game is pointless with a@#$%&chase, defence and line out

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 22:36
Wasnt at the game, just watched the recording. God what an awful game of Rugby. Scrums were an abomination, if I'd been Sir, after giving multiple yellow cards to both front rows, I'd have called uncontested scrums. The two front rows didnt deserve the right to have a contest. It made a nonsense of the whole thing. It wasnt just Quins being poor. Next season, Saili & Marchant could be a real handful & with Smith we could be extremely potent in attack, but do worry about who is going to give us the hard yards over the gainline in games like today. I thought todays match was very poorly officiated. Glad I didnt go. Another loss but not unexpected. Yawn.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 00:24
Quote:
Dibden
It seems highly probable we are at best going to finish 9th.An inside source tells me JK�s contract was extended for 2 years and he has the full backing of those who matter.I cannot see any reason to hope things might improve next season.It is screamingly obvious something major has to change but the board remain by choice with their heads in the sand

Is this your inside source? [www.quins.co.uk]

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 00:35
Quote:
T-Bone

As for positive comments being frowned on, I'd respectfully disagree. I'd say being unable to accept a defeat without blaming the ref and making odd links to Man Utd and all blacks should be frowned on, but each to their own

Indeed.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 09:05
Quote:
DazzaS
Quote:
Dibden
It seems highly probable we are at best going to finish 9th.An inside source tells me JK�s contract was extended for 2 years and he has the full backing of those who matter.I cannot see any reason to hope things might improve next season.It is screamingly obvious something major has to change but the board remain by choice with their heads in the sand

Is this your inside source? [www.quins.co.uk]

Why havent you told us about this amazing inside line youve got from the club before?

His contract has been extended you say?

Monte (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 09:27
Own goal by Premiership rugby not having a ref who could keep control and stop the back chat if it had been Wayne. . . That would have been that. Eg Christopher. . . . Or was that Nigel?

SimonQuin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 09:44
Yeah right

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2018 10:10 by grimboyd.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 09:58
I love that a press release from a few months ago is news to so many people

RocQuin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 10:27
At no point after 3pm yesterday did I think that Quins would get anything out of that game.

Two dull hours in a stadium totally devoid of any atmosphere, so far away from the pitch that you needed a Hubble telescope to see what was happening, all this in the middle of a 12 hours plus round trip!! THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO GROW SUPPORT.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 10:43
At no point before 3pm did I think Quins would get anything out of that game!!!!!!!!!!

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 11:21
Whilst I realise the stoppages were a little tedious having Messrs Eykyn, Monye and even Kay relentlessly banging on about it with sarcasm and constant criticism about how "this is ruining the spectacle" and "this is no way to grow the game" was very irritating.

We have an oval ball game with no forwards play and all bash, thump, run, bash, thump, run already. Its called Rugby League.

Grrrrrr

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Dave L (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 11:31
Quote:
Scaramouche
Whilst I realise the stoppages were a little tedious having Messrs Eykyn, Monye and even Kay relentlessly banging on about it with sarcasm and constant criticism about how "this is ruining the spectacle" and "this is no way to grow the game" was very irritating.
We have an oval ball game with no forwards play and all bash, thump, run, bash, thump, run already. Its called Rugby League.

Grrrrrr

They're not far wrong though. The stoppages have been getting worse for a few seasons. Any stoppage and legions of water carriers etc come on. The 'discussion' after the Goode catch in the in goal area added time, endless reset scrums because the front rows won't do as they are told. People don't want to watch nothing going on for fair periods of time. Wanting this to stop doesn't make people league fans.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 12:17
Quote:
Dave L
Quote:
Scaramouche

Grrrrrr

They're not far wrong though. The stoppages have been getting worse for a few seasons. Any stoppage and legions of water carriers etc come on. The 'discussion' after the Goode catch in the in goal area added time, endless reset scrums because the front rows won't do as they are told. People don't want to watch nothing going on for fair periods of time. Wanting this to stop doesn't make people league fans.

The Goode incident should have been a penalty to Quins, as had been threatened earlier in the game.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 12:25
Quote:
Wanting this to stop doesn't make people league fans.

Indeed. If there's one thing guaranteed to put off newcomers it's the tedium of the modern day scrum.

BB

Mayor West (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 13:26
I know it was a closer game but there were 30,000+ people watching at St James's Park and there was an atmosphere. Well done to Falcons on getting that on in the north.

Dibden (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 14:38
At the time of the announcement of JKs contract extension a number of people pointed out the length of the extension was not revealed.All I posted was that it is understood to be for 2 years.One could have hoped it was only for a year but it aint.
Given this can anyone see anything changing for the better next season?

kevin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 16:26
Quote:
Dibden
At the time of the announcement of JKs contract extension a number of people pointed out the length of the extension was not revealed.All I posted was that it is understood to be for 2 years.One could have hoped it was only for a year but it aint.

Dont feel it necessary to justify yourself to a few 24/7 posters. Some of us have a life away from Quins.Your info is new to me and quite disturbing.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 16:30
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
Dibden

Dont feel it necessary to justify yourself to a few 24/7 posters. Some of us have a life away from Quins.Your info is new to me and quite disturbing.

Whats disturbing you Kevin?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 19:27
24/7 posters apparently

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 12:40
Quote:
blucherquin
I love that a press release from a few months ago is news to so many people

My inside source tells me that Jason Leonard has retired. Has it been confirmed anywhere?

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 22:54
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Wanting this to stop doesn't make people league fans.

Indeed. If there's one thing guaranteed to put off newcomers it's the tedium of the modern day scrum.

It will never happen but I would stop the clock at the start of the first reset scrum and not start the clock until the ball is in open play even if there are 2 or 3 (or more) resets. In the modern game you can almost guarantee that in the last 5 minutes of the match, the side in front on the scoreboard will manufacture at lest a couple of scrum resets using up a couple of minutes.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net