rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Constant appealing
R le quin's bruv (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:05
Hi all,
Will the referees start taking a very hard line with this please, the constant chat from both teams today was terrible,. The answer is quite simple,if you are not the captain expect yellow.

Re: Constant appealing
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:15
Thing I noticed today was the touch judges getting a bit of grief from the players, Itoje being the most guilty. Both sides should take a look at their behaviour today

wombles222 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:23
As a Waspie it is not just one clubs players, but them all. It is becoming very very annoying! It is time for the refs to make a stand, stop trying to be buddies with the players, and re-establish themselves as the sole arbiters of the game on the field. Only the captains should talk to the ref, it is time the players learnt this. Start the punishments immediately. Free kick + 10 metres for player talking to ref, penalty if repeated or immediate penalty if a player is disrespectful. Yellow card if repeated again.

A stand needs to be made...it is the thin end of the wedge, and needs stamping out now!!!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 19:30
Spot on about trying to be mates with players. Watch football, its like some suck up trying to impress the boss at work.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2018 21:34
It is now out of hand - the ref today should have made a stand instead of talking to them.
It got him nowhere and I noticed Sarries were up to their usuals gamesmanship tricks - some might call it cheating!
RleQ

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 13:45
Quote:
wombles222
As a Waspie it is not just one clubs players, but them all. It is becoming very very annoying! It is time for the refs to make a stand, stop trying to be buddies with the players, and re-establish themselves as the sole arbiters of the game on the field. Only the captains should talk to the ref, it is time the players learnt this. Start the punishments immediately. Free kick + 10 metres for player talking to ref, penalty if repeated or immediate penalty if a player is disrespectful. Yellow card if repeated again.
A stand needs to be made...it is the thin end of the wedge, and needs stamping out now!!!

Can't see anything wrong with that. But it must start soon.

BB

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 16:28
Quote:
RleQuin
It is now out of hand - the ref today should have made a stand instead of talking to them.
It got him nowhere and I noticed Sarries were up to their usuals gamesmanship tricks - some might call it cheating!
RleQ

DC was as bad as anyone.

Barnes wouldn’t have stood for it. The ref had no control. Scrums a joke and players behaving appallingly.

Dave L (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 17:08
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RleQuin
RleQ

DC was as bad as anyone.

Barnes wouldn’t have stood for it. The ref had no control. Scrums a joke and players behaving appallingly.

I agree. It was 6 and half dozen all afternoon. In the broader sense it has been creeping in more and more in the professional game over the last few years. As you say Barnes wouldn’t have stood for it and I wish more referees would take the same approach to it.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
25 March, 2018 18:01
Quote:
Dave L
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RleQuin
RleQ

DC was as bad as anyone.

Y
I agree. It was 6 and half dozen all afternoon. In the broader sense it has been creeping in more and more in the professional game over the last few years. As you say Barnes wouldn’t have stood for it and I wish more referees would take the same approach to it.

Agreed!
RleQ

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 15:03
Quote:
Dave L
As you say Barnes wouldn’t have stood for it and I wish more referees would take the same approach to it.

I wish all referees would interpret the rules/laws the same way and be consistent, globally.

Some advantages last a few phases, others far longer, even by the same ref.

What are the guidelines on penalty or scrum advantage?

TOKS (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 15:49
It is usually directly proportional to the competence of the referee, hence why it was so noticeable on Saturday. All of the players were genuinely mystified.

Samquin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 19:00
Players waving their arms around trying to grab attention of the officials is also an annoying part of the game.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 20:04
Danny Care being one of the worst culprits. Every flipping ruck.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2018 22:10
DC is an amateur at it compared with Conor Murray though. Incredibly annoying, even when (in DC’s case obviously) he’s on “my” side when playing for England.

akb1 (IP Logged)
29 March, 2018 08:45
has Ugo been reading CAW?

[www.bbc.com]

Does rugby union have a backchat problem?

28 Mar 2018
From the section Rugby Union

Ugo Monye and Chris Jones ask if players are talking to referees too often during matches on the latest Rugby Union Weekly podcast.

With this year's Six Nations ending last week, the two discussed growing concerns of backchat in the game.

Monye said: "There was a lot of backchat to the ref, which I don't like.

"You've got to respect the referee and regardless of whether you think his decision was right or wrong, just get on with the game.

"As a fan now, it's a real frustration for me, it really is, and I'm sure it is for the people that are also watching from the stands."

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
29 March, 2018 11:10
Ugo is an Honorary "Real Quin".

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net