rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Last home game
Kent Fan (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 08:13
Unlikely but if the turnout for the last game is poor this might bring a change in management.

Easy for me to say as didnít renew this year and have only attended 3 games at home including yesterdayís game.....worst performance since the Mark Evans / John Kingston era in the 90s and the relegation year.

Re: Last home game
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 09:23
We'll all be there. Experiencing the lows helps you appreciate the highs that may or may not come along.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Cookie (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 09:27
Not one for for boycotts. I'll be at Kingsholm next week and at the Exeter game, but more so I can vent my spleen. I'll be seeking out JK and MM directly next week, although they never seem to be as accessible as Easter or Evans.

I will also be following up my email to David Ellis of last year with a summary of how none of the changes promised have come to pass.

Chuckquin (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 09:38
I am not travelling 3 hours to watch Quins get hammered again. Unless there are major coaching changes before the membership renewal date I am not going to waste any more money on this outfit. They contrive to be so much less than the sum of the parts it's extraordinarily disappointing and the club doesn't seem to understand that winning most home games is a minimum requirement for people to be proud of the club they support. I can't say that at the moment, they are embarrassing.

DOK (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 15:06
Last game of the season is usually rocking at the Stoop. Should be a good game between two attacking teams, both of which can play very attractive rugby! I'm looking forward to it! (Sm111)

Greene King (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 16:18
As much as it hurts me to say we wonít be going and hŗve already cancelled our season tickets for next year. Iím not prepared to pŗy to watch simply dire rugby from a team that lacks any direction.

Legally drinking ale since 1986 & moaning like a good un with Q-GOMC since 2010.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 16:53
Exeter scored 62 against us two seasons ago. The way things are with Quins at the moment 70+ points are there for the taking. The only thing rocking if that happens will be the Exeter side of the scoreboard. Sorry but I've lost any positivity after yesterday.

DOK (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 17:12
I trust you noticed the rolling eyes at the end of my post? Know how you feel but it's only one more game and that bloody Tomahawk Chop we have to endure! How slow did the time pass yesterday (even without the Irish delaying tactics)? Bet it'll pass at a similar speed on the 5th.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:00
Yesterday Exeter showed what we are in for in the last game....relentless power rugby that will test the resolve of our defence in close and then out wide. Just canít see us holding out....how quickly will they get their bonus try.

In the past we have been able to excel in one off games at home eg Sarries...it is possible and I would love us to beat them at home.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:04
Fortunately I have a gin making/tasting session that day. So not only do I not have to go, I hopefully won't even remember the result.

Samquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:12
Exeter may have already taken top position in the league and prefer to rest a couple of key players as the play off semi is the following weekend. Mind you even their A team would beat Quins.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:21
And of course the Army Navy match across the road .. 15:00 16:00

Navyquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:56
My first child is due around that day so I will be at home in Chelmsford with hospital bags ready to go, so sadly won't be at the game but will be back next season.

quin_jon (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:57
Quote:
Navyquin
My first child is due around that day so I will be at home in Chelmsford with hospital bags ready to go, so sadly won't be at the game but will be back next season.

Jolly good luck to you all.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 15:00
Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
Navyquin

Thank you, if she is born on match day we have the Quins baby grow ready.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 15:00
Ex Mob myself, will cheer oppos on for you!

Navyquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 15:01
Quote:
Uncle Arthur
Ex Mob myself, will cheer oppos on for you!

Let's hope for a rare Navy win.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:57
Priorities man!

Mayor West (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:17
Quote:
Navyquin
Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
Navyquin

Have you got any good Quins based names lined up? Good luck, hope it all goes well.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 16:22
Quote:
Mayor West
Quote:
Navyquin
Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
Navyquin

Have you got any good Quins based names lined up? Good luck, hope it all goes well.

Sadly I have had all the ones I had ruled out.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 16:44
Quote:
Navyquin
Quote:
Mayor West
Quote:
Navyquin
Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
Navyquin

Oh come on what mother wouldnít want to call their child

ďJason Leonard Gate 3 Members United We Stand Ursine Performance Executive Social Housing Trained Well Good Ten Minutes Adidas Stoop Social And Sports CentreĒ

Robertquin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 21:20
Good luck Navyquin, I hope it goes well.

My son's due date was 30th April 2005 - the day of the match against Sale where we lost and were relegated. The Mrs told me to go as she thought it would be less annoying for everyone if I did. He very kindly turned up in the early hours of 1st May. I wasn't allowed to call him Ugo though.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 23:11
Quote:
Navyquin
Quote:
Mayor West
Quote:
Navyquin
Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
Navyquin

Tell the missus that we all think Leonard Sheasby Robshaw Keogh Carling Duncombe Navyquin is a fine name.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 23:51
Zinzan Navyquin?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 23:56
Mo'sun Navyquinivalu

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 10:27
Johnus Kingstonus?

quin_jon (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 11:10
Navyquina Navyquina?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 12:41
I think the last home game would be a good time for the fans to show their appreciation for what JK has done over the past 17 years, especially prior to being DoR. Let's not forget he played a big part in our most successful era. He's a good man who tried his best but ultimately fell short.

I'd like to think the players will now respond to the change being made too.

Cookie (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 12:52
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I think the last home game would be a good time for the fans to show their appreciation for what JK has done over the past 17 years, especially prior to being DoR. Let's not forget he played a big part in our most successful era. He's a good man who tried his best but ultimately fell short.

100%. I have been one of his fiercest critics of late, but I will stand and applaud at the last game and fully expect everyone else to.

FGGQuin (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 15:31
I'll be there, this is first season I can remember ever managing to attend every single home game (thus meaning a lovely picture of James Horwill has formed itself on my bookshelves from the spines of the matchday programmes).

And yes I could have picked many better seasons out of 14 years as a season ticket holder to attend every home match...

Quins have me through thick and thin so as depressed and grumpy I have been this season, I'll always be in my seat if I can.

That performance from Exeter 2 years ago was I think the most complete performance I have ever seen from an opposition team at the Stoop, and as much as I had to admire it on that day (Nowell and Slade especially), I hope they aren't quite as good this time!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 17:16
I was at the last game of the season a few years back, also against Sale. As I recall, it was the first time that JJ and Joe played together, both coming on as subs. We won, very nicely.

I met up with Nicksb and Claire_m that day (remember them?) plus a few other posters, and Claire made a cake, most of which Nick ate! Happy memories...

I'd settle for the win this time around...

kevin (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 22:29
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin

100%. I have been one of his fiercest critics of late, but I will stand and applaud at the last game and fully expect everyone else to.
Why?

Cookie (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:41
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Why?

Because he has dedicated a huge portion of his life to the club. He was a good forwards coach and not a bad head coach. We shouldn't allow the last 2 years to cloud what he has done for the club.

To deny him a good send off would be churlish, blinkered and borderline spiteful.

Same goes for anyone else who may be released. They have all contributed to the club in some fashion and deserve respect.

DOK (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 10:01
It's like applauding the other team at full time. In your eyes they may have been the lowest, most cheating, horrible team you have ever played against. But when the game is over, you applaud them off the pitch. You don't avoid them or drop out of the line, or refuse to shake hands - even if you'd rather punch them.

This is a man who has given 17 years of his life into trying to make this club a success. He may not have always succeeded, but which of us does? Undoubtedly he has given the club his best shot. If that wasn't good enough then that's one thing, but I don't doubt for a moment John Kingston always gave 100% for the club. And will continue to give it until the end of the season.

Or if you want to be morbid, think of it as a funeral. Someone dies you don't rush to the pulpit to fill everyone on on his drinking habits, the wife-beating, the affairs...

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 20:56
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Why?

I'd call it respect for someone who has dedicated much of his life to Quins. Also appreciation - it's not hard to admit that he did a lot of good for the club.

But if you disagree, that's fine. Or if you don't want to show respect or appreciation, that's fine too. I suspect you'll be in the minority.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net