rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

build from defence
grimsbyquin (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 09:51
Having supported this team for 30 years ,and go to most matches home and away I believe we need to rebuild the way we defend ,I support Quins for there history of attacking flair and off load game .At the moment this is not working,and our defence is non existent.take a leaf out of Deano’s book build our defence first then work on our attack if we need new coaches so be it .I know a lot of fans wont want to hear about this style of play ,I would like to hear all of your views for or against.

Re: build from defence
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 10:08
I am all for it. Did not do Sarries any harm. Built what they have on a solid foundation, might not have been pretty at times but it worked and there was an end result. Currently we have foundations built on soggy sand

newquin (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 11:24
Nick Easter would be the first name on my culling list. On the basis we do not actually have a defence, it is difficult to see what he brings to the party. A magnificent player and servant of the club massively out of his depth within an abject coaching structure.

We have to clear out the deadwood - JK, Colin Osbourne, Mapletoft etc

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 12:30
Part of defence is slowing opposition ball. We're doing a poor job of that when we used to be very good at competing at the breakdown. Even if you don't get a turnover you can buy yourself time to get everybody in position.

Our tackling didn't seem as woeful against LI as it has been recently but they still managed to make space out wide with quick ball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net