Did it once before...

Re: Harlequins sack John Kingston
jonf (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 16:45
With a decent chief exec in charge...

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 17:30
Bit late for April 1st. But we have I think lost 7 from our last 8 premiership games (might be wrong). Quins will probably confound everyone & win at Gloucester now!

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 17:38
Quote:
InsertQuinsPunHere
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2431426/Harlequins-sack-Kingston.html

Wow — I remember it well.

The circumstances are spookily similar to the last time he was sacked, aren't they?

The only difference is that Mark Evans had the b*alls to do something about it. Perhaps Ellis will surprise us?

More likely is that he'll just form some focus groups.

jonf (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 17:58
Ellis is a strong leader, we’ve seen that. His focus is awesome...look at the way he managed to name some gates, look at the control over calling every season ticket holder a member and then saying they can’t go into the members lounge...truly awesome.

Pharaohbob (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 18:10
Harlequins sack John Kingston ??? Not before time and some of the coaches as well that are employed under the old pals act and are not doing their job properly or ???

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 18:37
Read the link.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

grunter (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 21:31
Quote:
QuinAlan
Bit late for April 1st. But we have I think lost 7 from our last 8 premiership games (might be wrong). Quins will probably confound everyone & win at Gloucester now!
In your dreams! We owe you one for last season, the game we were coasting and gave it to you on a plate late on, resulting in the resignation of Laurie Fisher. He did the honourable thing; perhaps a few of your lot should consider doing likewise. Exeter outplayed us today and our lads will have something to prove to the Kingsholm faithful, so look out Quins! I'm not expecting to see many of your supporters there next Saturday.

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 23:54
Bit aggressive there, grunter, but you'll find most on here agree with you. I can't speak for numbers attending, but wanting heads to roll? Yes. Expecting a horrible Quins capitulation regardless of quality of opposition? Yes.

(Not saying you glaws lot will be good or bad, just that it will be irrelevant to your win!)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 05:42
Quote:
grunter
Quote:
QuinAlan
In your dreams! We owe you one for last season, the game we were coasting and gave it to you on a plate late on, resulting in the resignation of Laurie Fisher. He did the honourable thing; perhaps a few of your lot should consider doing likewise. Exeter outplayed us today and our lads will have something to prove to the Kingsholm faithful, so look out Quins! I'm not expecting to see many of your supporters there next Saturday.

Bad day?

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:42
Sorry, a tad too much positivity there! But I was trying to think about the slim chance of a performance. Dont think we have a prayer against Chiefs & at Worcester either, but we do tend to play quite well at Kingsholm, but grunter is right in that Gloucester are a different animal these days.

grunter (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 10:18
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
grunter
Quote:
QuinAlan

Bad day?
I've had better days blucherquin!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net