rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

A League tomorrow
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 17:36
Apparently off as we cant raise a front row???

Re: A League tomorrow
Bucksquin (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 18:48
On Saturday we couldn't raise a team!

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:32
Embarrassing

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:41
Not really, Sarries had the same problem a few weeks ago

never sleep (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:50
Its pretty understandable really - for loose-heads we have
Boyce, Holenstein, Lambert and Joe. Joe can't play as he was a starter on Saturday. Boyce is injured. It is easily conceivable that one of the other two is not available (possibly Mark took a knock on Saturday).
For hookers we have Buchanan (injured), Crumton, Elia Elia (injured), Gray, Piper and Ward (started on Saturday). It is also possible that Crumton or Piper is not available.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 11:56
We have George Head (LH) also, he covered HK earlier in the season. Dont forget Piper played backrow a few times this year so if he plays hooker we could be a back row missing. Its not a big deal.

never sleep (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:17
I had forgotten about George Head - it is possible that he played in a game on Saturday though and so may not be available for A league duties.
Its a fair point about Piper playing in the back row - but, the specific reason given for postponing is lack of front row players.
I think that they often take guest players into the team to play in the back row if needed.
Its a real pity as I think that there are a lot of fringe players who could really do with a bit of game time - e.g. Swiel. This year the A-League has been a shambles - I think that I can only remember going to one home A-League game this season and one away at LI.

Pawlo (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:51
More shambles stuff to build on the shambles weekend sad smiley

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 21:13
Where are the e Academy players?

Camquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 23:09
The academy props would be Head and Ibuanokpe.

Head is at Worthing. I cannot find last Saturday's squad on-line, so do not know if he was playing.

Ibuanokpe only appears on statbunker as appearing in the LV cup for Quins.
He was at Hartpury last season.

Among the backs Jake Hennessey, who was with the Light Blues is currently playing for Cambridge RUFC and started against Blackheath. I believe he is off to France with England Students soon.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 10:08
The best I can surmise is that this game was a 'dead rubber' in so far as both sides have made the semi's (I think) so all that was at stake was a home semi place. Couple that with the lack of front row players (I guess we're that short that we did'nt want to risk anyone from the 1st or the fringes of 1st team) and travelling to Exeter on a Monday night and that there's bigger issue's going on at Quins atm all added up to the postponement.

Even with the shortage I guess we could have tried to find some 'guest' players but then the conversation would have been "fancy travelling to Exeter on a Monday night for a run around before work tomorrow?" Mmmm ;-)

fandg2 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 08:32
Looks like I surmised correctly, we made the semi's without playing 2 pool games

[www.quins.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net