rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Something is Happening
Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:25
Chris Jones just tweeted - major announcement re: Quins coaching" coming shortly!

Re: Something is Happening
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:28
I'm going contract extns

Quintastic. (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:28
Either he's deleted it or im looking at the wrong Chris Jones?

[twitter.com]

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:30
Yup nothing on there as far as I can see.

09 April, 2018 13:30
Wrong Jones - the Evening Standard one - 30 mins until we know.

Quintastic. (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:31

09 April, 2018 13:32

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:33
@chrisjonespress evening Standard Rugby man..

GP2110 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:34
please please please let it be JK out

Quintastic. (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:35
This feels like christmas, im too excited!

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:37
Popcorn please usherette

Quins4life (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:37
Quote:
GP2110
please please please let it be JK out

And mapletoft, osbourne and Easter......

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:39
If it is jk going, I hope people remember he has served quins for a long time and still deserves respect, even if it has not worked out. No need for anything personal.

BuckQuin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:40
Quote:
HonkyTonk
If it is jk going, I hope people remember he has served quins for a long time and still deserves respect, even if it has not worked out. No need for anything personal.

+1

09 April, 2018 13:41
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Completely agree.

Don't think it'll be JK going though.

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
Quote:
HonkyTonk

+2

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
Agree, people should remember that he's a good coach, just a poor DOR. He's stepped in when requested, but it's not actually his fault that he's been over promoted.

09 April, 2018 13:42
Honky Tonk - Absolutely - JK built the pack that won the Prem, he deserves respect. He has been a stalwart of the club.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:42
Quote:
Heath Quinn
Agree, people should remember that he's a good coach, just a poor DOR. He's stepped in when requested, but it's not actually his fault that he's been over promoted.

Very true, would be happy to see him remain but not in the DoR role, I never like to see anyone lose their job.

never sleep (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:43
Lets hope that the news is not this combo::
1. JK steps down.
2. Tofty to be DOR
3. Easter to Head Coach

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 13:44 by never sleep.

GP2110 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:44
I will always respect and appreciate what he has done for the club but he simply has to go!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:46
Quote:
never sleep
Lets hope that the news is not this combo::
1. JK steps down.
2. Tofty to be DOR
3. Easter to Head Coach

Ha ha ha.

TOFTY OUT

UQ (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:48
Even the old and bold see the need [twitter.com]

Pawlo (IP Logged)
Quote:
Safri-quin
Quote:
HonkyTonk

+2

+ many more

Navyquin (IP Logged)
I wonder if it has anything to do with Shaun Edwards being at the Stoop again on Saturday just gone.

09 April, 2018 13:50
Quote:
Navyquin
I wonder if it has anything to do with Shaun Edwards being at the Stoop again on Saturday just gone.

Would certainly be a step in the right direction with him coming in as coach, but it needs to be more wide-ranging than that to turn us around IMO.

Complete culture change required, which means lots of people need to go.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:50
"Quins would like to announce Shaun Edwards was interested but after recent performances has said "sod this, I'm going back to Wales"

Pawlo (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:52
Quote:
HonkyTonk
"Quins would like to announce Shaun Edwards was interested but after recent performances has said "sod this, I'm going back to Wales"

Haha!

Quinoids (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:12
That tweet was at 6:23 a.m........doubt anything is happening....

Quintastic. (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:14
it was 52 mins ago....

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:16
Quote:
Quinoids
That tweet was at 6:23 a.m........doubt anything is happening....

No it was at 2:23pm UK (54mins ago)

Quinoids (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:19
Very strange, when you click on the tweet it shows (at least it shows me) a time of 6:23 am.....glitch in the matrix

Scamble (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:21
Kingston gone

[www.quins.co.uk]

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:23
JOHN KINGSTON, DIRECTOR OF RUGBY, WILL BE LEAVING THE CLUB AT THE END OF THE 2017/18 SEASON BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT.

John was promoted from Head Coach to Director of Rugby in April 2016, leading the Club to its highest Premiership finish in three years and securing European Champions Cup rugby for the first time in several years.

John Kingston said, “It is with a very heavy heart, that I will be leaving Harlequins at the end of this season.

“I have been at Harlequins for 17 years in differing roles and have grown to love the Club almost as if it were part of my family. I am immensely proud of the significant successes that I have been part of in winning the Aviva Premiership, two European Challenge Cup trophies and the LV= Cup.

“The obstacles this season have been well documented and no one has been more disappointed by our results than me. In my opinion, this is the strongest squad ever assembled in all my time at Harlequins and this leaves the club in a sound position to go forward. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see the squad achieve in the near future what I deeply believe it can – winning trophies.

“I would like to thank all the players, coaches, management, staff and everyone at Harlequins for their commitment, support and hard work during my time at the Club.”

Harlequins Chief Executive, David Ellis added, ''This season has been hugely frustrating and disappointing for everyone at Harlequins, and for none more so than John. With considerable regret, we have agreed that John should step down as Director of Rugby.

“John has much to be proud of during his time at The Stoop, most notably when, while Head Coach, the team won the Aviva Premiership, the Amlin Challenge Cup and the LV= Cup, as well as reaching two Heineken Cup quarter-finals.

“On behalf of all at Harlequins, I would like to express our genuine gratitude to John for all he has done during his time at the Club.

“The Club will not make any comment about the appointment of a new Director of Rugby until we are ready to do so. The process to recruit someone new who can take Harlequins to the very top of English and European rugby is in hand.”

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:30
Great news - time for a fresh start in the coaching team.

CAW Forum Software meltdown imminent in 3....2....1......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net