rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Re: New DOR Rumour Thread
SiBolton (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 15:58
Well according to the rumour mill Blackadder is off at the end of the season from Bath
And have to say I wouldn’t mind him, think he could do well at Quins

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 16:49
Well, reading the Bath board they’re not exactly thrilled with him. It’s a bit like reading here. Lack of skills, players going off script, not getting wins, no attacking prowess, etc. If he’s struggling with that at Bath then he’ll be right in the thick of it here! Can’t see him coming here, more like call it quits & head home. The only thing which might work with him is if the NZ tie in gives him some back up?

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 17:41
Seems like the same player power issue at Quins.

He didn't win anything with the Crusaders(McCaw,Read et al) and seems overrated

SiBolton (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 18:27
Seen a few comments on Twitter where they are saying the owner has too much involvement and how are they meant to build stability with a different coach ever couple of years
And that being said Cockers who was written off by many seems to be doing well now, OK Cockers has a better track record, but plenty on here liked the look of Blackadder when he was rumoured for the Stoop,

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 19:02
I think the Bath job is a bit of a poisoned chalice. Craig should cut the middle man and employ himself!!! Signings like Roberts sum it up a bit for me.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 19:18
Quote:
CPB62
I heard that Easter and Kingston were doing a job swap with the Kohn Brothers !!

I think the Chuckle Brothers would be more suitable

Mayor West (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 19:19
Does it matter if they don't know anything about northern hemisphere players down in NZ? They seem to regularly beat them no problem.
Blackadder could go home and take over from the guy whose supposed to be coming to us.

ROLLO (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 20:37
If you want a left field choice look at Chris Stirling who has just gone to Leeds.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
24 April, 2018 21:32
Quote:
blucherquin

But Kingston is rubbish even though he helped win the Prem just before Northampton.

Not sure of your logic. Coz Kingston is rubbish.

A rubbish DoR I agree. As forwards coach however, he took the forwards well, forward.

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

Scamble (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 20:15
Not Deano then, signed a new contract at Falcons. Good man.

kevin (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 20:53
Quote:
SiBolton
Seen a few comments on Twitter where they are saying the owner has too much involvement and how are they meant to build stability with a different coach ever couple of years
And that being said Cockers who was written off by many seems to be doing well now, OK Cockers has a better track record, but plenty on here liked the look of Blackadder when he was rumoured for the Stoop,
I would despair if ‘Cockers’ ever became a part of our club.

TomWoodward1990 (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 21:02
Ugo

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 22:57
Quote:
TomWoodward1990
Ugo

Bristol supporter, I take it?

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 May, 2018 23:08
Quote:
kevin
Quote:
SiBolton
I would despair if ‘Cockers’ ever became a part of our club.

Yeah, down with 3 time winning AP Cockerill. Let’s get someone else, someone who might be successful.

DOK (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 09:44
The Blackadder question is a good one. No, he's not been a resounding success at Bath. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have been a resounding success at Harlequins. The two situations are very different. The set up here is different. Clearly the players are different. The way the two owners run their involvement is very different.

It's why we need the right coach for the situation we find ourselves in now and who can take us forward. Do we need an ideas man? A sergeant major type who'll lick them into shape? An arm round the shoulder type? A bright spark? A plodder? An off the wall type? A strictly by the book man? All of them?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 10:17
You need a good cop/bad cop set up. One to do the discipline and one to be a good listener.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 10:50
According to Ellis last night the new DoR will be more of a hands on coach, so not the Deano type. Also, they must have knowledge of the premiership. He pointed out how many players and coaches come to the premiership and are shocked by how competitive and attritional it is every round. Said that Horwill has commented on it. O'Callaghan said the same on the BB rugby pod this week.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 10:54
So a Prem DOR then?

OCallaghan may well find it harder going than the Pro 14 I guess.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 13:05
Quote:
DOK
The Blackadder question is a good one. No, he's not been a resounding success at Bath. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't have been a resounding success at Harlequins. The two situations are very different. The set up here is different. Clearly the players are different. The way the two owners run their involvement is very different.

Fair point DOK. I don't think COS had won the premiership before coming to Quins.

I think this is a crucial time for Quins. Get the wrong person in and we falter horribly, possibly leading to key players leaving. Get the right person and players are more likely to stick around a while to see rewards.

Cookie (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 15:18
The point was also made that there’s not a great history of foreign coaches winning the AP.

DOK (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 15:28
If we can get a DOR to take us to winning the prem, then let's go for it. However, if we can't then let's get a DOR, of whatever nationality, to get us out of this rather sticky pickle in which we find ourselves. I have no problem with getting a DOR for a few years and another one once we're flying straight and level again to take us higher.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 15:58
We are now where we've been historically in the league and the blip in 2009-13 appears to be just that (sadly).
Bloodgate messed everything up because had Deano stayed, there was every chance we would have dominated in England and Europe for years to come.
RleQ

Cookie (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 16:02
Quote:
DOK
If we can get a DOR to take us to winning the prem, then let's go for it. However, if we can't then let's get a DOR, of whatever nationality, to get us out of this rather sticky pickle in which we find ourselves. I have no problem with getting a DOR for a few years and another one once we're flying straight and level again to take us higher.

As my journo friend told me last night, look at what Northampton did. Made changes, got in a quality pair of safe hands in the interim (Gaffney) which steadied the ship while they made the impressive long-term appointment of Chris Boyd. All the while they were very open with the press, something we haven’t been (constantly rejecting requests for interviews).

Something similar may work for us. Let’s face it, there won’t be much more business done now in terms of signing players (which is why JK should have gone sooner). So perhaps a safe pair of hands until post-WC when perhaps other options become available? Indeed, why not Gaffney until Xmas?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 10:01
Harlequins to spend "big" on a Tracksuit Coach......

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 10:17
Quote:
Scaramouche
Harlequins to spend "big" on a Tracksuit Coach......

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Quinssa & CAW, making incredibly lazy reporting even easier...

Cookie (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 10:47
He was there. But was told ‘Chatham House Rules’. Shouldn’t have anything reported, really.

DOK (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 12:37
Well, he obviously made a lot of notes or had a recorder running. smiling smiley

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 12:48
Quote:
Cookie
He was there. But was told ‘Chatham House Rules’. Shouldn’t have anything reported, really.

He didn't name any sources, did he?

BB

The Mighty Spug (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 14:43
Quote:
Cookie

It's fine - the Chatham House rule (there's only one) dictates that information shared can be reported but the identity of whoever said it cannot be revealed.

That's why the article is written using liberal sprinklings of "it is understood" and the like.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 15:17
I wonder how the press gained entry, Quinssa members, members guest? Unlikely to have been invited I guess.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 15:46
Hang on, kelleher says:

They are looking to emulate the way Leinster and Gloucester run their clubs, with a director of rugby who will oversee the academy, logistical matters and big-picture projects and then a head coach whose sole responsibility will be to run the first team.

Indicating that we DO want a hands off for, but a head coach like Lancaster.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 15:54
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
I wonder how the press gained entry, Quinssa members, members guest? Unlikely to have been invited I guess.

Nick Mullins announced just before the meeting started that a couple of National Journalists had arrived .. made it sound like they just turned up ..having said that , the things that Kelleher has chosen to write about have been reasonably reported.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net