Unlikely as

New DOR coming in

Would he up sticks to move up there

Made no qualms of giving his opinion on Yarde

He cannot join as a Marquee signing

Re: Marler???
akb1 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:29
Who is his agent and who else does he represent?
I know contracts can be broken but didn't he sign until end of 20/21 season?

Monte (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:33
Yes he did not likely to go now things are moving.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:35
Rugby Inside Line is right about 35% of the time. Remember this is the page that said Julian Savea was on his way to Quins.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:35
Rugby inside line frequently makes things up and has posted some pretty childish stuff in the past. It's just some idiot looking to make a name for themselves.

Do yourselves a favour and stop paying attention to what that account says.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:37
'Sale are interested in....' has to be the most overused phrase in rugby journalism.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:38
Whoooooooooooooooa

Only passing on something I read online. I like a rumour now and again

Robertquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:42
Maybe they wanted to thank his agent for the red card which gifted them the match earlier this season.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:42
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Whoooooooooooooooa
Only passing on something I read online. I like a rumour now and again

Didn't mean any criticism of you posting the rumour, I like a good transfer rumour myself. To agree with Jammy, Rugby Inside Line often posts abusive comments about Quins players and has on a couple of occasions called Marler a fake hard man as well as other things that I cannot say due to the no swearing rule.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:44
Yep just letting you know that Twitter account is about as far from a decent source as you can get.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:44
Its ok, Im not really that fragile!!!!

I was unsure of Marlers contract situation tbh. If it is until 2020 then I would say there is no chance

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:46
Yep it's a very long term contract.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:33
Seems Marler has put this to bed!!!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 21:07
Out of interest, does anyone know how long Sinck has left on his deal??? (he was the other rumour, although Fissler put that to bed)

Robertquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 21:21
Quote:
HonkyTonk

How?

akb1 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 21:27
He signed a new contract in Oct 2016,

Confirming the news John Kingston, Harlequins Director of Rugby, said: ďI am thrilled that Kyle has signed a long term contract to remain at Harlequins.

So assume it was at least 3 years 2019/2020

akb1 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 21:34
Quote:
Robertquin
Quote:
HonkyTonk

How?
A 2 emoji response on twitter
1 a Horse (or could be a cow/bull)
1 a pile of poop

DOK (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:52
OK - here's the full theory, backed up with absolutely nothing, for the Joe Marler attempt to shake David Ellis warmly by the throat...

It's a short time before the game.
Unexpectedly David Ellis appears in the Harlequins dressing room.
He says he has an announcement to make, and tells them that the club and JK have agreed to part company.
Obviously a number of players are close to JK, such as Mike Brown, and are upset by the news. The lack of time gives them little chance to process it before the game begins.
They play like school boys because they're still trying to process the JK news instead of giving the game 100% concentration.
They worry/wonder what the implications are for the club, for the team, for themselves.
Joe Marler is completely incensed that David Ellis has effectively sabotaged the team performance in such a crass way and goes to have a quiet shout at him.
He is prevented from doing so, but enough people have seen the event that it can't just be swept under the carpet.

I think that works - it doesn't require any great leaps of imagination or require some suspension of belief.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 23:00
I thought David Ellis was abroad.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 23:01
Donít think Marler would upset at JK being sacked since he said on the BBC podcast the coaching team maybe needed some new ideas and fresh thinking from outside

09 April, 2018 23:02
Quote:
talkshowhost86
'Sale are interested in....' has to be the most overused phrase in rugby journalism.

Taking the long route to Wasps?

DOK (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 23:05
Didn't say Marler was upset at JK being sacked, said he was upset at the way the news was announced and affected the team.

And the way I've always read Marler's comments on coaches was he's talking about coaches and JK is not a coach.

thomh (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 23:08
Quote:
DOK
OK - here's the full theory, backed up with absolutely nothing, for the Joe Marler attempt to shake David Ellis warmly by the throat...
It's a short time before the game.
Unexpectedly David Ellis appears in the Harlequins dressing room.
He says he has an announcement to make, and tells them that the club and JK have agreed to part company.
Obviously a number of players are close to JK, such as Mike Brown, and are upset by the news. The lack of time gives them little chance to process it before the game begins.
They play like school boys because they're still trying to process the JK news instead of giving the game 100% concentration.
They worry/wonder what the implications are for the club, for the team, for themselves.
Joe Marler is completely incensed that David Ellis has effectively sabotaged the team performance in such a crass way and goes to have a quiet shout at him.
He is prevented from doing so, but enough people have seen the event that it can't just be swept under the carpet.

I think that works - it doesn't require any great leaps of imagination or require some suspension of belief.

As you say - literally no reason to think any of this is the case.

Most obvious explanation is just that Quins were playing like numpties again and Marler, being one of the more eccentric and outspoken players around, who is on record recently as saying that the coaching staff is stale and needs to change, tried to go and have a bit of a rant about it.

Find this attempt across the board to pin everything on Ellis all a bit strange. Seems like his main mistake - extending the contracts - has now been rectified with presumably just a bit of financial cost.

GP2110 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 23:10
Summed up nicely:

Former Harlequins and England winger Ugo Monye

It's probably been a long time coming now for lots of fans, and perhaps lots of players. Quins' season has been way below-average.

We are talking about a man who has been at the club for a very long time, and I could wax lyrical about him as a person, but he just has not been able to deliver the goods for Harlequins.

Regardless of how great he has been for the club, if players lose faith as well as board and fans, there needs to be a change. His position had become untenable.

DOK (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 23:23
thomh - just my opinion, but your explanation is waaaaaaaaay more fanciful than mine.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 10:28
Ugoís Comments seem to make sense in that JK is out of his depth as DOR. I just canít understand why he was given the job in the first place if his strength lies in coaching forwards.

He worked under different DORs or head coaches so must have seen them operating in their different ways. But apart from Deano who everyone says is not a tracksuit type of man most have been unsuccessful (IMHO Cos inherited a premiership winning outfit from Andy Friend & Deano).

Tofty, Nev, Minty, Dippy, Jim, Tom Williams, Adam Jones are all ex Quins players, Colin has been there ages....so only Wiggy is an outsider. Where is the different ideas coming from or is it a case of too much change. I struggled with the explanation from Minty that his new defensive pattern was not being adopted by the Quins players. Surely the basics donít change in that everybody needs to work hard tackle, not rush out of the line, designated players to get in at the breakdown to get on the ball...if Chris tackles other back rowers or props get in and locks clear out. But most of all Quins need to work hard and get off the floor quickly. To get back in the line either defensively or offensively.

Fitness is also key so that defence can spring into attack if the ball is turned over. Again the Quins players need to work hard to support the ball carrier. Itís a simple game that all the guys have been playing for years.

Currently Exeter and Ireland are the examples of hard work, good fitnesss, playing whatís in front of them and discipline. These things should be second nature.

Dave L (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 10:51
Quote:
Kent Fan
Ugoís Comments seem to make sense in that JK is out of his depth as DOR. I just canít understand why he was given the job in the first place if his strength lies in coaching forwards.
He worked under different DORs or head coaches so must have seen them operating in their different ways. But apart from Deano who everyone says is not a tracksuit type of man most have been unsuccessful (IMHO Cos inherited a premiership winning outfit from Andy Friend & Deano).

Tofty, Nev, Minty, Dippy, Jim, Tom Williams, Adam Jones are all ex Quins players, Colin has been there ages....so only Wiggy is an outsider. Where is the different ideas coming from or is it a case of too much change. I struggled with the explanation from Minty that his new defensive pattern was not being adopted by the Quins players. Surely the basics donít change in that everybody needs to work hard tackle, not rush out of the line, designated players to get in at the breakdown to get on the ball...if Chris tackles other back rowers or props get in and locks clear out. But most of all Quins need to work hard and get off the floor quickly. To get back in the line either defensively or offensively.

Fitness is also key so that defence can spring into attack if the ball is turned over. Again the Quins players need to work hard to support the ball carrier. Itís a simple game that all the guys have been playing for years.

Currently Exeter and Ireland are the examples of hard work, good fitnesss, playing whatís in front of them and discipline. These things should be second nature.

While I feel that COS did not build on the Premiership success, I do have to take issue with the way his role in winning the Amlin and Premiership is being almost airbrushed out and handed completely to Deano. Deano certainly laid the very sound foundations but COS took that on 1 step further with a couple of astute signings like Big Mo, and further developed our style of play. We were often unplayable that season. What happened after was very disappointing in terms of not building on that success but he deserves a good amount of credit for that success.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 11:49
Quote:
Dave L
Quote:
Kent Fan

While I feel that COS did not build on the Premiership success, I do have to take issue with the way his role in winning the Amlin and Premiership is being almost airbrushed out and handed completely to Deano. Deano certainly laid the very sound foundations but COS took that on 1 step further with a couple of astute signings like Big Mo, and further developed our style of play. We were often unplayable that season. What happened after was very disappointing in terms of not building on that success but he deserves a good amount of credit for that success.

The thing that strikes me most is that the Prem winners seemed to play for each other and for COS, and had massive self-belief. Not since then does it come across the same.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 12:00
TRANSFER RUMOUR: We gather that Sale Sharks are very interested in signing Joe Marler. Sale are prepared to throw money if the right signing comes along, and their recruitment priority has been a big prop.

We were told by a source last month that his agent had visited the club.

[twitter.com]

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 12:26
Mate, that garbage is what started the thread.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 13:00
I too hope its a "rubbish" rumour!

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 13:09
Quote:
Uncle Arthur
I too hope its a "rubbish" rumour!

It's the first post in the thread. It's also from an account that regularly makes things up, has an axe to grind with Quins and Joe in particular, and Joe himself succinctly demolished it in the Twitter thread.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 13:25
Thanks Jammy Git, I didn't see the original link on my iPhone

Rocker (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 23:15
His agent might have gone to Sale, but as I doubt he has only one client how would anyone presume it was for Marler?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 10:25
If there is a culture where senior players are having too much influence, I struggle to see Joe being one of them.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 17:56
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Dave L
Quote:
Kent Fan

Tofty, Nev, Minty, Dippy, Jim, Tom Williams, Adam Jones are all ex Quins players, Colin has been there ages....so only Wiggy is an outsider. Where is the different ideas
coming from or is it a case of too much change. I struggled with the explanation from Minty that his new defensive pattern was not being adopted by the Quins players. Surely the basics donít change in that everybody needs to work hard tackle, not rush out of the line, designated players to get in at the breakdown to get on the ball...if Chris tackles other back rowers or props get in and locks clear out. But most of all Quins need to work hard and get off the floor quickly. To get back in the line either defensively or offensively.

The thing that strikes me most is that the Prem winners seemed to play for each other and for COS, and had massive self-belief. Not since then does it come across the same.

That team had a good mix of young talent and senior players such as Minty, Nev and Big Mo. They seemed very tight but reckon the youngsters would have had to be pulled into line on occasion. Heard Chris say a number of times how Minty helped him with the captaincy and would read the riot act when needed to allow him to get on with his softer approach.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net