rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Club Structure
CPB62 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 06:49
Quins as a Premiership Club lose money - Fact (This is a company Quins have for all things premiership rugby and as I understand nothing else)

Who owns the Stoop?
Who makes the money from events at the stoop?
how many companies are involved?

The club has a structure that is very different to most and a lot is very difficult to find out, there are other companies directly involved (sporting class we know about are there any others?)

Why mention this all now ? Well unless we as fans are in a position to know the finances of the whole Quins set up then its difficult to know what finances we have for new DOR and coaches, and it makes knowing what to think of Ellis very difficult.

If someone on here can help please do so

Re: Club Structure
DOK. (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 09:26
There's the company that is responsible for the rugby team
There's the company responsible for the Stoop (so if the rugby team goes belly up, creditors can't go after the Stoop)
There's the company that controls both of them.

Far as I know it's all still owned by Duncan Saville, currently residing in the West Indies.

Like Nigel Wray, Duncan Saville dips into his pocket when we make a loss. So if he's prepared to shell out for a great management team then we can afford it.

Last time we did a world wide search for a new coach, couldn't persuade anyone and ended up with an in house appointment which was probably cheap in that it didn't involve firing existing coaches and we had two coaches with very little experience.

I would hope we'll be more flexible in making ourselves attractive to a new DOR in terms of money and not insisting they take on the existing group of coaches. Although I can't prove that was an issue last time, no-one could agree to be DOR of Harlequins, still one of the most famous clubs in the world and a sleeping giant!

akb1 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 10:43
[www.companysearchesmadesimple.com]

Harlequins FC Holdings Ltd - Majority Share Holder = Mosaic Limited, Shares also held by Charles Jillings
- Harlequins FC Ltd - The Rugby team side of the Buinsness
- Harlequins Estates Ltd - The Ground
- Harlequin Finance PLC
- Harlequin Community Ltd - New

Think Sporting class was sold off years ago.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 11:43
Happy in my ignorance - no one has a clue how sports teams are funded and run.

I donít need to win the Prem, I need a team who play for each other and seem to care.

Under JK that vanished. He lost the dressing room and weíre now potentially in danger of losing some of the players that meant everyone thought we should have been far better than our poor displays for past two years.

Iím sure there are players who are to blame as well - I have no proof but have a gut feeling that Conor giving all the power to the few England stars was at the route of what happened when things started unravelling.

Anyway - itís simple this time - they canít give us Mapletoft.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 09:10
Now is he saying rout or root this time?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 11:41
Quote:
Scaramouche
Now is he saying rout or root this time?

The appalling predictive text software is not my fault

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 07:12
smiling smiley I turned mine off!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net