rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Stands to far away from pitch
ironquin1886 (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 17:17
Sitting in the first row of the DHL stand next to the entrance to the Kings Bar I couldn't believe how many fans were going back and forth with food and drinks during the match. It didn't calm down until about 15 minutes into the match.

With promise of a redevelopment of the stadium, the stands could all move inwards removing the walkway in front of the pitch. The atmosphere would be so much better.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 09:48 by ironquin1886.

Re: Stands to far away from pitch
Seamus O'Rielly (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 17:39
Or just give paint ball guns to the people in the front row.

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 18:00
I think the club has already said they plan to keep the stands front loading in the new stadium

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 18:17
I like the idea of paint guns, although on Saturday i'd have been more inclined to shoot the players.....

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 21:06
I used to sit in the front row of the East stand. The people walking in front were annoying, but I really liked the seats. They ended up pricing them one step too high for me, since the people constitute a restricted view in my opinion; ok if priced correctly.

I really like the front loading nature of the stands. It puts the focus on the pitch, keeping the connection with the players and the action. Rather than rocking up to a concrete void, funneling into seats and watching a game completely firewalled off from the players.

In short, I disagree, I think losing the paths would reduce the atmosphere and sense of engagement.

Saintquin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 21:25
I like the the Germans built a lot of their football stadiums for the World Cup. The first row of seats are about 3 or 4 feet higher then the pitch so doesn't matter what's in front of them!

Harlequins, (was once) probably the best rugby club in the world!
(Sm115)(Sm115)(Sm115)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 21:30
Quote:
Saintquin
I like the the Germans built a lot of their football stadiums for the World Cup. The first row of seats are about 3 or 4 feet higher then the pitch so doesn't matter what's in front of them!

German superiority complex....sitting higher than anyone else.

TW Quin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 22:04
Quote:
InsertQuinsPunHere
I used to sit in the front row of the East stand. The people walking in front were annoying, but I really liked the seats. They ended up pricing them one step too high for me, since the people constitute a restricted view in my opinion; ok if priced correctly.
I really like the front loading nature of the stands. It puts the focus on the pitch, keeping the connection with the players and the action. Rather than rocking up to a concrete void, funneling into seats and watching a game completely firewalled off from the players.

In short, I disagree, I think losing the paths would reduce the atmosphere and sense of engagement.

Agree - would not want a football stadium layout - those at the front of the east stand have the added value of a wall as a perfect bar compensating for any irriation of stragglers and early leavers. They are right by the action too.

Lets keep the Stoop a true rugby stadium its a super ground and the east stand is fantastic - ps keep the developers away from the Kings bar.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 22:24
Why does everybody keep going on about building a new stadium. Where has it even been mentioned directly. The only thing that has been talked about is making the north stand bigger like the south stand which now has permanent planning permission . Which makes more sense, knocking your whole house down and building a new one a bit bigger or adding an extension.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 22:26
Quote:
ironquin1886
Sitting in the first row of the DHL stand next to the entrance to the Kings Bar I couldn't believe how many fans were going back and forth with food and drinks during the match. It didn't calm down until about 15 minutes into the match.

Ever heard of the saying ... "you get what you pay for" ?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 23:53
Quote:
blucherquin
German superiority complex....sitting higher than anyone else.

I bet the Prussian Graf von Blucher, or whatever his title was, got his beer towel down in the pub before you did! (Sm100)

However, if Quins built the front row 3 or 4 feet higher, some on here would've nothing to moan about...

T-Bone (IP Logged)
10 April, 2018 23:58
[quote Bolly-Quin][quote blucherquin]German superiority complex....sitting higher than anyone else.[/quote]

I bet the Prussian Graf von Blucher, or whatever his title was, got his beer towel down in the pub before you did! (Sm100)

However, if Quins built the front row 3 or 4 feet higher, some on here would've nothing to moan about...[/quote

Apart from the people in the second row, whose view would then be blocked!

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 00:02
(Sm100)

You saw the design flaw floor in my plan!

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 06:25
Quote:
Mayor West
Why does everybody keep going on about building a new stadium. Where has it even been mentioned directly. The only thing that has been talked about is making the north stand bigger like the south stand which now has permanent planning permission . Which makes more sense, knocking your whole house down and building a new one a bit bigger or adding an extension.

The club announced it was looking in the longer term to develop a new stadium back in November: Announcement.It was later confirmed to be roughly on the same site as the current one, although discussions with the council may involve the ground occupied depot to the south of the current stadium as well.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 08:35
Thanks FF, I remember that corporate speak email now. Reading it again it does give the impression that they will be building a new stadium. To me it doesn't make sense to knock down and rebuild the two newish east and west stands. I was under the impression that the south stand would be rebuilt, filling in the corners, and then the same with a larger north stand. This would easily increase capacity to 25,000 and could be described as developing a new stadium . I don't know if I am right but I thought a stadium has enclosed seating all the way round the pitch and a ground doesn't. I seem to remember somebody telling me that stadiums are rated much higher for council tax which is why football and rugby grounds always had at least one open end and the four stands all separated.

ironquin1886 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 11:29
Quote:
Uncle Arthur
Quote:
ironquin1886

Ever heard of the saying ... "you get what you pay for" ?

I paid 45.50 for my seat. That's quite a lot in my opinion especially as it was the Quins v LI game debacle. Saying that though, it was a really good seat at the front with the wall I could put my ale and burger on. It was just a shame so many fans were still walking around when the game was on. I will try another stand next season and higher up.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 11:59
Ideally in the new stadium the seating even for the front row of the stands will be raised so that the average person sitting in them will have an eyeline 2m above the level of the promenade. I'd also hope that the accessible areas for those in wheelchairs is also raised in some way as well.

One of the things that amazed me at the Millennium Stadium when I was there in the lower section is that when you're in the front 5 or 6 rows, your seat is actually *below* pitch level. That was a crazy decision.

DOK (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 12:50
And the bits on the flat could become terraces for standing fans! smiling smiley

11 April, 2018 14:59
When I first became a season ticket holder, the front row of the East were jester (cheapest), and I thought were great value - I was bang on the half way line.

They then progressed to touchline, and I moaned, but still felt they were good value. Once they went up to club (the same as four rows back), the price was no longer acceptable so I moved.

FF: the same at Twickers, at least it felt like it when I sat there for a prem game a few years ago.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 15:30
Ok - but Id settle for no seats at all if can we PLEASE change the title of the thread so the correct form of too is there.

Its reached the point where I cant look at the site without getting pathetically annoyed.

11 April, 2018 16:02
Fewer

blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 April, 2018 16:27
Invitation

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net