Yes pretty much spot on I'd say. I think he's right about the squad too

Re: Andy Goode
NicoWilson (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 04:38
Good articles. Hits the mark

wimblequins (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 08:06
Yes, I was reading that this morning and found myself nodding along with everything written! I agree think Cockerill would be the best choice

12 April, 2018 08:13
That's a hard read but it's bang on.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 08:59
Interestingly it contains a lot of things that many of us have been saying jointly over the past 2/3 years - so maybe we could ease of slagging each otherís views as nonsense now and actually have the kind of interesting conversations that have emerged since JK got sacked rather than the polarising circular slanting matches for which weíve all become so well known.....

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:04
Quote:
blucherquin
Interestingly it contains a lot of things that many of us have been saying jointly over the past 2/3 years - so maybe we could ease of slagging each otherís views as nonsense now and actually have the kind of interesting conversations that have emerged since JK got sacked rather than the polarising circular slanting matches for which weíve all become so well known.....

I was going to say that it's all stuff that could have been said when we hired JK.

It's just a shame it's taken 2 years to come to that conclusion (and that's assuming that the club has actually come to that conclusion and isn't going to hire from within).

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 09:22
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
blucherquin

I was going to say that it's all stuff that could have been said when we hired JK.

It's just a shame it's taken 2 years to come to that conclusion (and that's assuming that the club has actually come to that conclusion and isn't going to hire from within).

My money is on Mapletoft

wombles222 (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 10:24
With the way that Bristol are building I do not think we will see them yo-yo next term. Therefore I wonder whether it will be between you guys, Warriors and Northampton? Of course it is far far to early to tell and any of the teams next year have the potential to falter and fall. But going on this years form this is my current thought.

Saints are already working hard towards next year with a new DOR and reportedly a clear out of at least 18 players, it seems a sink or swim moment for them with such large changes, it could work, equally it may not. Warriors will be fascinating, as with their recent 8.1million loss and being up for sale, will it effect what they can invest and achieve with the playing and coaching team? will this make them fragile?

Quins are at a crossroads, but do seem to have a playing squad next year that can make strides. The issue will not only be the culture, but the coaching. I find myself agreeing with Mr Goode, it has to be an external candidate, one that can breath life into the club and adjust the playing and coaching malaise that clearly exists at present. With the talk of ring fencing and a more competitive (albeit still underfunded) second tier, the decision on the next DOR and coaching team could not of arrived at a more important time!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 10:27 by wombles222.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 10:40
Hopefully the impending ringfence will persuade the board that it's better to throw millions at a top end coaching team than to lose the club forever to championship oblivion.

I guess we'll soon see if those who suspected that the plan was always to cash in on the land were right or not.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 13:08
Nice to be paid for taking the public comments of other people in the game and turning them into an article where I pretend it's insight...

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

DOK. (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 13:12
Is that the cynic's definition of journalism? smiling smiley

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 15:59
He's not a journalist!

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

T-Bone (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 16:07
Quote:
Jammy Git
Nice to be paid for taking the public comments of other people in the game and turning them into an article where I pretend it's insight...

Precisely. People are agreeing and nodding their heads reading his article, as he's just repeating what has been on here for months if not years, said by various other pundits over the last few months too. Hardly an original piece. Just needs to quote some tweets to really finish it off

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:05
Quote:
their major signings of Renaldo Bothma, Francis Saili and Demetri Catrakilis donít measure up.

Bit of a harsh call. Not sure they could "measure up" in the brief moments we've seen them. Overall they've been pretty impressive when they were on the pitch.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 April, 2018 18:06
Agree, don't really think you can knock any of them. Lets see a full season under their belts

Rocker (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 00:07
I'd like to agree but Bothma's 2 broken arms in a season don't bode well! Cat's injury was a total freak and he's good from the breif bits we've seen him play, althogh he looks limited in his distribution compared to NEv (for example). Sali has played sod all minutes and so far lloked ok, if he can keep fit great.
Still think the article is fair enough, money for old rope maybe but seeing as most "casual" rugby fans can't be bothered to trawl message boards to work out what's going on with various teams a summary like this from a "well known" ex player can be very useful in keeping casual fans up to date with the premiership. It isn't a very flattering article for Quins, but do we really deserve a flatering article?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 08:09
Quote:
Rocker
I'd like to agree but Bothma's 2 broken arms in a season don't bode well! Cat's injury was a total freak and he's good from the breif bits we've seen him play, althogh he looks limited in his distribution compared to NEv (for example). Sali has played sod all minutes and so far lloked ok, if he can keep fit great.
Still think the article is fair enough, money for old rope maybe but seeing as most "casual" rugby fans can't be bothered to trawl message boards to work out what's going on with various teams a summary like this from a "well known" ex player can be very useful in keeping casual fans up to date with the premiership. It isn't a very flattering article for Quins, but do we really deserve a flatering article?

Agreed. I thought that's all it was, a good summary of the position so far.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 08:11
Quote:
blucherquin

You can Naff off too, big nose!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 10:51
Talking of Bothma his two broken arms might be a blessing in disguise as apparently he has spent loads of time in the gym and looks like an absolute beast. Just below 120kg and has decent gas to go with it. Expecting big things from him next say, provided he stays fit.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:52
Quote:
quinsfan123
Talking of Bothma his two broken arms might be a blessing in disguise as apparently he has spent loads of time in the gym and looks like an absolute beast. Just below 120kg and has decent gas to go with it. Expecting big things from him next say, provided he stays fit.

As opposed to the lightweight fairy that he used to (not) look like!!! Can't wait to see what the new, bigger Bothma looks like.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:58
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
quinsfan123

As opposed to the lightweight fairy that he used to (not) look like!!! Can't wait to see what the new, bigger Bothma looks like.

If you've seen any of the 142 Wolverine movies - that's basically it. But with more metal.

The Quin Meister (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 13:12
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
their major signings of Renaldo Bothma, Francis Saili and Demetri Catrakilis donít measure up.

Bit of a harsh call. Not sure they could "measure up" in the brief moments we've seen them. Overall they've been pretty impressive when they were on the pitch.

I agree QK - a bit of a harsh comment. Infact a totally unjustified one. How can Goode possibly say they "don't measure up" when all three have been injured for the vast majority of the season? Cheap shot! All three are proven quality performers and were signed to provide quality during international windows. They simply have not been able to contribute to the cause this season. The trouble for Quins was,as we all know, their backups, such as Swiel and Clifford & Wallace haven't been available much either.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 16:03
Itís only what Iíve been saying for years now!!
RleQ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net