rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Team vs Gloucester
WellingQuin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 10:59
HARLEQUINS HAS TODAY NAMED THE MATCHDAY 23 TO FACE GLOUCESTER RUGBY AT KINGSHOLM IN ROUND 20 OF THE AVIVA PREMIERSHIP (SATURDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 15:00).

There are five changes to the starting 15 from last week's encounter with London Irish.

In the backs, Jamie Roberts comes in to partner Joe Marchant in the centres as Francis Saili misses out (shoulder). Alofa Alofa also starts, to form the back three alongside Mike Brown and Charlie Walker.

In the forwards there are three changes, with Joe Gray starting at hooker. There is a brand new second row as club captain James Horwill packs down with George Merrick in the engine room. Merrick starts for the first time since January following his recovery from injury.

In the replacements, Elia Elia will look to feature for the first time since January.

Harlequins squad to play Gloucester Rugby

15. Mike Brown
14. Charlie Walker
13. Joe Marchant
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Alofa Alofa
10. Marcus Smith
9. Danny Care

1. Joe Marler
2. Joe Gray
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. George Merrick
5. James Horwill (Captain)
6. Jack Clifford
7. Chris Robshaw
8. Mat Luamanu

16. Elia Elia
17. Mark Lambert
18. Will Collier
19. Stan South
20. Luke Wallace
21. Dave Lewis
22. James Lang
23. Gabriel Ibitoye

Re: Team vs Gloucester
WellingQuin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:01
Gloucester Rugby:

15. Jason Woodward
14. Charlie Sharples
13. Billy Twelvetrees
12. Mark Atkinson
11. Henry Trinder
10. Billy Burns
9. Callum Braley

1. Josh Hohneck
2. James Hanson
3. John Afoa
4. Ed Slater (capt)
5. Jeremy Thrush
6. Jake Polledri
7. Lewis Ludlow
8. Ben Morgan

Replacements:

16. Motu Matu'u, 17. Paddy McAllister, 18. Fraser Balmain, 19. Tom Savage, 20. Freddie Clarke, 21. Ruan Ackermann, 22. Ben Vellacott, 23. Tom Hudson

Stoopendous (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:07
Think ours looks a good side... but I thought that last week. Has Visser been dropped? No mention of any injury. Good to see Ibitoye's name on the bench!

jonf (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:32
not wanting to sound harsh but do you think Saili will leave in the summer? not sure who would take him on but quins were willing to take on someone who is apparently pretty consistently injured.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:39
Quote:
jonf
not wanting to sound harsh but do you think Saili will leave in the summer? not sure who would take him on but quins were willing to take on someone who is apparently pretty consistently injured.

I hope he doesn't leave - he could be very good for us.

For fear of having the same endless conversation on different threads every two months, you can't include the concussion and say "he's injured a lot". He got smacked in the head and couldn't play for months - not really evidence of anything other than luck.

Now with the shoulder - that could be a worry. But I guess only time will tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2018 11:40 by blucherquin.

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:42
surprised Walker is starting after the nightmare defence last week!!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:50
Quote:
jonf

Shoulder injuries are pretty common. If he's out long term then it's a concern. The concussion could never have been predicted.

DOK. (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 11:51
Me too! We wouldn't have won had he been able to position himself correctly and tackle, but he was responsible for the first three tries.

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 12:02
We could have been bolder with our selection dropping/resting the likes of Marler/Sinckler/DC/Brown. Good see Elia back as heís the future at 2 for us. Wondering whatís happened to Glynn as havenít seen him play for a while. Good seeing Merrick back starting feel he I a very solid player that is only getting better, even though he gets a lot of unfair slack on these pages.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 15:44
Great too see Elia back and also good too see Gabs on the bench
Iím really hoping we can string together a good performance and not a ď We let ourselves and the supporters downĒ

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 16:26
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
jonf

For fear of having the same endless conversation on different threads every two months, you can't include the concussion and say "he's injured a lot". He got smacked in the head and couldn't play for months - not really evidence of anything other than luck.

I'm often injured because I keep walking in front of buses. Just bad luck I guess.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 17:07
Not sure I understand Rodders.

Someone smacking you in the head doesnít make you injury prone. Nor does being hit by a bus, regardless of if youíre walking in front of it on purpose or not.

Your knee constantly giving up or a problem shoulder makes you an injury prone player.

Being hit by something heavy isnít a reflection of your bodyís tendencies towards injury.

Get your wife to smash you randomly in the face with a bat, let me know if it means youíre more or less likely to need a hip operation.

More importantly - get her to upload the video somewhere.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2018 17:11 by blucherquin.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 17:08
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
jonf

I'm often injured because I keep walking in front of buses. Just bad luck I guess.

I didn't realise Sailli had walked in front of a bus.

13 April, 2018 19:54
Clifford 6, Robshaw 7? Why not go full Andy Robinson and swop Robshaw for Luamanu?

Mayor West (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 20:47
Like what we did last week.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 21:28
Did Saili only sign for one season?

AnotherQuin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 22:01
Little browse comes up saying he’s signed a long term deal.. assuming that’ll be 3 years?

[i.stuff.co.nz]

ASL67 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 01:43
Think thatís a bit harsh re Walker. Danny care and the inside cover should have sorted the first. Unlucky bounce with the second. Maybe the third he should do better but they still had an overlap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 01:43 by ASL67.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 07:25
Rodders is Danny Cipriani and I claim my £5.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 08:34
Quote:
ASL67
Think thatís a bit harsh re Walker. Danny care and the inside cover should have sorted the first. Unlucky bounce with the second. Maybe the third he should do better but they still had an overlap.

Nah, sorry, Walker was toilet last week. Now, I'm not saying he was the only one, but you can't defend him singularly either.

TW Quin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 08:23
Quote:
WellingQuin
HARLEQUINS HAS TODAY NAMED THE MATCHDAY 23 TO FACE GLOUCESTER RUGBY AT KINGSHOLM IN ROUND 20 OF THE AVIVA PREMIERSHIP (SATURDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 15:00).
There are five changes to the starting 15 from last week's encounter with London Irish.

In the backs, Jamie Roberts comes in to partner Joe Marchant in the centres as Francis Saili misses out (shoulder). Alofa Alofa also starts, to form the back three alongside Mike Brown and Charlie Walker.

In the forwards there are three changes, with Joe Gray starting at hooker. There is a brand new second row as club captain James Horwill packs down with George Merrick in the engine room. Merrick starts for the first time since January following his recovery from injury.

In the replacements, Elia Elia will look to feature for the first time since January.

Harlequins squad to play Gloucester Rugby

15. Mike Brown
14. Charlie Walker
13. Joe Marchant
12. Jamie Roberts
11. Alofa Alofa
10. Marcus Smith
9. Danny Care

1. Joe Marler
2. Joe Gray
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. George Merrick
5. James Horwill (Captain)
6. Jack Clifford
7. Chris Robshaw
8. Mat Luamanu

16. Elia Elia
17. Mark Lambert
18. Will Collier
19. Stan South
20. Luke Wallace
21. Dave Lewis
22. James Lang
23. Gabriel Ibitoye

So many basic errors yesterday what does the skills coach do? Mike Brown so out of sorts and no gas yesterday. Ibitoye a weakness with no defence. Why no Visser? Clifford unfortunately injured again. Thought Lang looked good and a plus. Overall pretty dire again.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:08
Looking ahead to next season, I think we have a few things to be optimistic about. Not many, but a few. I'd include Elia, Smith, Langley and Marchant. Sailli and Bothma I'd also add to the list. If Chis Jr and Clifford stay fit, and Robshaw remains as consistent as ever, we could have the nucleus of a good team.
I realise we often look good on paper, but those players have looked good on the pitch most of the time. I would hope it's a good foundation for the new DoR to build upon.

Scamble (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:18
Canít see Clifford back for a while if he has torn his hamstring off the bone (as reported)

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:59
Quote:
Scamble
Canít see Clifford back for a while if he has torn his hamstring off the bone (as reported)

Ouch! I didn't see the injury. What happened? He seems jinxed this season.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:00
His entire career has been jinxed.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:04
Quote:
RodneyRegis
His entire career has been jinxed.

If we have an injury prone player itís Clifford. How many more times before we decide itís not worth it.

Scamble (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 19:18
I didnít see it happen, only saw it after the event when he was down for ages. RT quoting JK saying ďheís torn the hamstring off the bone and is out for the season. he will need an operation.Ē

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 19:46 by Scamble.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 19:22
I might be wrong but isn't Clifford ooc at the end of the season???

TW Quin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 19:43
Quote:
Scamble
I donít see it happen, only saw it after the event when he was down for ages. RT quoting JK saying ďheís torn the hamstring off the bone and is out for the season. he will need an operation.Ē

The moment he went down it was clear it was serious very best wishes for him- we do appear to be jinxed last couple of years!!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:00
Quote:
Scamble
I didnít see it happen, only saw it after the event when he was down for ages. RT quoting JK saying ďheís torn the hamstring off the bone and is out for the season. he will need an operation.Ē

Horrible injury, poor guy. Can't imagine how it could happen.

The Cat's broken bone in the throat, Luke's dislocated hip, now this. They're not injuries that you hear about elsewhere, or are they? We've had some freakish bad luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net