rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

JK should have gone straight away
Kent Fan (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 17:44
While I think others need to go I think he should have gone on Monday.

Mapletoft and the other coaches could finish the last three games....maybe we would have seen a ďdead cat bounceĒ with a reaction from the squad.

Surely JK is not going to be in the coaches position for the last three games, it would be like turning up to your divorced ex wifeís new wedding reception.

Yet again the club have messed up......Cockerill, Mallinder and Kennedy were straight out the door no sentimental tosh about 17 years good service and an insincere clap from the yet again disappointed crowd on 5 May.

Re: JK should have gone straight away
Tonbridge Quin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 17:48
The last time we saw a DOR off at the end of the season we got well and truly hammered. Doesn't bode well. (Sm136)

T-Bone (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:08
Sort of agree, but not with the idea that Mapletoft would have seen us through.

I'm not really sure why he's got such an easy ride through all this. Some of here have criticised him, but most of the press has focussed on JK, possible player power and then Easter and Nev being promoted too early. Mapletoft seems to have slipped under the radar.

Who would you prfer as head coach, JK or MM?

Samquin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:08
I suppose the image the club are trying to convey is he is leaving his post not he has been sacked.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:16
Do you think we will see JK at the next three games?

Closer & Closer (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:28
If Mapletoft is in charge for the last three games maybe the "dressing room revolt" might continue, we will lose and we get the result we need.... with more coaches going.

Too embarrassing if JK is hanging around and sadly he might not get a totally warm send off.

The players can still get some redemption for the lousy performance last week and throughout the season but I can't see it happening.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 18:57
No he shouldnít have
I for one would like to give him a round of applause at the last game for everything he has done for the club over the last 17 years
And recognise the fact that when he was head coach he achieved more than any others before hi

FleetQuin (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 19:50
Surely, this is where Rugby is different to football? We have nothing to play for. JK has served the club well for a long time. He's in the wrong job - and whether that's his fault for accepting it or the board for persuading him he could do it (and perhaps focussing to much on Kingston being cheaper than a 'proper' DOR). He's not been sacked but is leaving by 'mutual agreement'.

Respect to him and his loyalty to the club. He's proved twice now that he's no DoR but he is a good coach. I hope the players pull something out of the bag to send him on his way well.

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
13 April, 2018 23:50
+1 to Fleet Quin

Paddington (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 08:19
Absolutely agree with Fleet Quin.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 08:26
+3

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

never sleep (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 08:50
+4

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:15
Fleet Quin and the + guys......If JK is such a good coach Why hasnít he rolled up his sleeves to stop this slide. If Tofty, Minty etc werenít cutting the mustard and the players werenít performing he should have got more involved.

Agree Tofty and some of the others need to be ditched.

Maybe Iím being churlish not giving JK a emotional send of but itís been so disappointing so itís hard to.

In recent seasons some great players havenít had the opportunity for the crowd to say goodbye...Big Mo was one who deserved more.

kevin (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:19
Quote:
Kent Fan
Fleet Quin and the + guys......If JK is such a good coach Why hasnít he rolled up his sleeves to stop this slide. If Tofty, Minty etc werenít cutting the mustard and the players werenít performing he should have got more involved.

Maybe Iím being churlish not giving JK a emotional send of but itís been so disappointing so itís hard to.

In recent seasons some great players havenít had the opportunity for the crowd to say goodbye...Big Mo was one who deserved more.
Yep! Agree.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:17
Quote:
Kent Fan

Not sure I see the relevance of what you're saying. JK did badly this season, so forget the past 16 years? Mo didn't get a send off, so take it out on JK?

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:12
Sorry QK I sense you are JK fan and you are entitled to be one. I just think in the 17 years weíve been STHs heís been part of various coaching collectives that havenít really set the prem on fire.

Ok we won the prem once but in the early days of the 2000s we were dire continually conceding early scores some from the kickoff.

We had international forwards then Wood, Jason etc but were routinely beaten when he was a senior coach and for a short time head coach / D O R.

Undoubtedly a nice bloke but not a head anything.....why did the club and he think it would be different this time?

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 21:56
I don't really see the benefit of JK staying on, and today showed that, but at the same time it won't get any better if JK goes now or if he had left last week.

If he wants a send off then I think he deserves it. I'm just worried that once we've lost our last two games the send of he'll get won't necessarily be a great one.

I honestly don't think it makes much of a difference so I'd leave it down to JK ultimately.

jonf (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 22:27
Jk should have gone. At least letís see what Easter and Evans can do without him. He should go and go now, he is only bringing this club down further. Again Ellis seems totally incapable of just sorting anything out. Perhaps Ellis is too busy naming another gate or finding another stupid naming idea for season ticket holders rather than doing a proper job.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 07:37
I will give JK the same respect that he has given to the Club.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 07:40
Quote:
Kent Fan
Sorry QK I sense you are JK fan

I'm a rugby fan. We tend to show respect, regardless of results not going our way.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 07:41
Quote:
jonf
Jk should have gone. At least letís see what Easter and Evans can do without him. He should go and go now, he is only bringing this club down further. Again Ellis seems totally incapable of just sorting anything out. Perhaps Ellis is too busy naming another gate or finding another stupid naming idea for season ticket holders rather than doing a proper job.

Easter and Evans need sacking immediately if this club has any ambition not to be in the championship.

Weíve never had a defence coach before - old lad everyoneís mate Easter has made us the worst in the league.

And our attack is clueless.

They might be great coaches one day - but not now in the Premiership.

Club is not a rest home for former much loved players.

Itís ridiculous and has to change.

never sleep (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:32
JK needs to stay until the end of the season in my opinion. Here is my reasoning. Assume that JK left last Monday and and Tofty takes over and there is a dead cat bounce leading to BP victories in the last 3 games and against all odds qualify for Europe next year.
The club would then have a dilemma. Do they keep MM as DOR and retain Easter, etc.?
Could you imagine the amount of moaning on this board if MM was made DOR?

Robertquin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:38
Exeter are beating Irish 21-0. Barring 5 red cards against Exeter or something equally unlikely we are safe. It certainly brings our rubbish, rubbish, rubbish performance into perspective last week.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:47
Quote:
Kent Fan

Yeah, it's all a bit silly. Things are getting worse, just get rid. How is everyone going to give him a standing ovation whilst Exeter beat the clock?

T-Bone (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:30
I fear the final home game could be a bloodbath. Not the sort of game likely to give JK, Sloan and any other leavers a happy send off

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 18:49
Jk has been a loyal servant, but ultimately has cost this club very dear. How people can feel generous when we are in such a terrible state is beyond me really. make no mistake, we are currently the worst team in the league by quite some distance.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 19:39
Probably because being absolutely awful right now doesn't change history.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 19:41
I agree he should have stepped down straight away - what benefit does his staying for 3 matches bring?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 19:49
I do now agree it seems to be massively damaging for his reputation. Nothing on earth will make me applaud him at the end of our beating by Chiefs - the guy seems very nice and has served the club well until now but itís humiliating now and the idea that thereís some sentimental send off is deluded.

People are sick of it and want the new guy in and the new season to start.

Get out when the going is good - golden rule everywhere surely? They could have paid tribute in the programme and left it at that.

15 April, 2018 20:08
Quote:
blucherquin
I do now agree it seems to be massively damaging for his reputation. Nothing on earth will make me applaud him at the end of our beating by Chiefs - the guy seems very nice and has served the club well until now but itÔŅĹs humiliating now and the idea that thereÔŅĹs some sentimental send off is deluded.
People are sick of it and want the new guy in and the new season to start.

Get out when the going is good - golden rule everywhere surely? They could have paid tribute in the programme and left it at that.

The problem is that the going hasn't been good for JK for a while. Even when part of the fading COS regime he must have seen that his reputation was dwindling, and it's gone downhill since then.

I think he deserves credit for his loyalty to the club and obviously he's been a big part of the good times.

But it's hard to see how he's going to get a good reception at the Exeter game. Things have just slipped so far and rightly or wrongly he's going to carry the can for a lot of that.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 22:23
Bizarrely the players seem to be getting off scot-free.

15 April, 2018 22:36
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

They really aren't.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 22:36
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

You're right, and they shouldn't be.

15 April, 2018 22:37
They really are on this thread.

(edit: @tsh)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 22:38 by Quinten Poulsen.

15 April, 2018 22:43
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
They really are on this thread.
(edit: @tsh)

Bizarre selective thread analysis.

The players are rightly getting lots of stock elsewhere. This is a thread about JK so hardly surprising that's what people are talking about in this thread.

15 April, 2018 22:50
So when I said the players are getting away scot-free, and clarified I meant on this thread, you think it's a bizarre selective thread analysis. Riiiiiighhht.

16 April, 2018 08:47
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
So when I said the players are getting away scot-free, and clarified I meant on this thread, you think it's a bizarre selective thread analysis. Riiiiiighhht.

(Sm6)

Okay QP you win.

On this very specific thread, designed to discuss JK, yes the players are getting away scot-free.

I look forward to your post in the 'players need to take a look at themselves' thread stating that JK and the coaches are getting away scot-free/

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 09:16
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

Lol

16 April, 2018 12:33
Quote:
On this very specific thread, designed to discuss JK, yes the players are getting away scot-free.

The coaches get some grief on this thread about JK.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:27
Regarding the comments about JK being very loyal - I am sure he has been, but he has also been paid. He's not a longstanding volunteer being booted out unceremoniously (such as a club historian!).

I'm not trying to talk down what he has done for and achieved at the club, but he has been paid to do a job

DOK (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:22
You can get paid to do a job and be loyal to your employers, you know. The two states are not mutually exclusive.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:33
Quote:
DOK
You can get paid to do a job and be loyal to your employers, you know. The two states are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah, I know. As I've said on other threads, I thank him for what he's done for us over the years, including getting us into champions cup for this season. I'm not saying that this season's problems mean everything he's done in the previous 16 are worthless.

I'm just not convinced that out of loyalty to a paid employee he needs to stay for a final game send off. If he was long standing member of an amateur or semi-pro club, getting paid a token wage but putting in hundreds of hours on unpaid time, I'd say that's when some sort of gesture of appreciation of their loyalty and effort would be more appropriate.

As we could not have got a new DoR in before the end of the season anyway, and would just have had some of the current coaches as acting DoR if he'd gone, then I'm not particularly fussed that he has stayed. Staying or going wwould have made no difference with 3 ganmes left and nothing to play for imho.

Just think the loyalty point is slightly irrelevant in this context.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net