rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Players need to look at themselves
Paddington (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:00
I am at Gloucester watching the usual dross Quins are serving up. They are turning advantage into disadvantage, good play into bad play, giving away moronic penalties. They have got rid of John Kingston, so what is their excuse now?

Re: Players need to look at themselves
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:06
Kingston has not gone yet

TheSouthfields2 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:11
Anyone who imagines this is going to be a quick fix is in for ulcers next season. The team is toxic and it's going to need a root and branch change to put things back on track

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:56
I think the players have had plenty of time and opportunities to look at themselves and they probably don't like what they see. They're probably waiting for someone else to do something rather than take on the responsibility themselves.

Paddington (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 16:00
They know Kingston is gone and so they are free to play as they want with no repercussions. Poor show and they don’t come over and acknowledge the fans who have wasted their money coming to see them. They r playing for their places and they don’t give a damn. We have a spine of internationals.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:58
Horwill and the other senior players should be instilling some sort of squad discipline and personal responsibility to the standards of the club and to the fans. Even if JK wasnt inspirational the seniors should be setting their own standards.

Eddie Jones has continued to select Danny, Mike, Joe etc when they havent really performed for the club and shown that they are in form. Chris has performed and kept up his standards but I sense he might be overtaken by some of the young pretenders whos talents are raw but more suited to the new law interpretations.

Jack and Chis junior could be considered but not on their recent form. I appreciate injuries havent helped but next season will be critical for all of them. Cant see DC MB being in the RWC squad on the recent 6 or 7 games.

Southpaw Grammar (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 21:45
I felt that their was a lot more fight and belief than last week and, say, against Wasps. Elements of the determination of the home win v Bath. That said, sloppiness, cockiness and/or nervousness in good positions really cost us today.

Once Glawster got their second try the final scoreline was sadly inevitable.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 09:30
Forgive me fornparaphrasing the great Luke Skywalker but after yesterday in only know one truth. It's time for this group of England players in our team to end.

Yes they have been great but to paraphrase Ben Solo that was in the past. We need to let the past die. Kill it if we have to.

We are still clinging onto these guys about to enter the twilight of their careers. We do not owe them anything,

We need to start a fresh, Give the younguns a chance who want to play.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 09:38
Was next to the tunnel yesterday, when the team came off from warm up, cheered them off the pitch, not one of them acknowledged any of the travelling support
Now thats fine.
When the came on for the start all walked fairly slowly onto the pict he, most with heads down and didnt look interested
At half time the same off the picth then back on at half time
The only time they looked eager was leaving pitch at full time
Thought a couple of players gave it their all yesterday and actually thought that we still had a glimmer of hope at half time, that disappeared fairly quickly.

Whats my point? I honestly think some of the players are just going through the motions and like so many of the supporters just cant wait for each game to finish and the season to be finished

plzd (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:09
"Whats my point? I honestly think some of the players are just going through the motions and like so many of the supporters just cant wait for each game to finish and the season to be finished"

I wish they had let me know. I would not have wasted my day bothering to go.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:29
Quote:
plzd
"Whats my point? I honestly think some of the players are just going through the motions and like so many of the supporters just cant wait for each game to finish and the season to be finished"
I wish they had let me know. I would not have wasted my day bothering to go.

Do you not think the same?
Most I spoke to near us said the same

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:31
So JK is going.....I assume the playing squad have now transferred their alliegence to Tofty and the coaches. Ha ha didnt seem to make a difference yesterday. Luckily Warriors didnt get a bonus point either and maybe Irish wont get the 5 point bonus win they need to stay in the hunt.

What will happen against Warriors away?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:16
Morale is gone. Confidence is shot to pieces. Team spirit is missing. Season can't end soon enough. They have a long summer ahead with some hard work and harsh truths to deal with.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:58
The aftermath of the Irish game and the squad finding out on the Monday that JK was out has left a pretty depreasing atmosphere around the squad. The realisation that many of the players and coaches are out of the door too is hardly going to motivate enough of them when we can't get relegated anyway. It's not a surprising really.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 13:56
Quote:
SiBolton
Was next to the tunnel yesterday, when the team came off from warm up, cheered them off the pitch, not one of them acknowledged any of the travelling support
Now thats fine.
When the came on for the start all walked fairly slowly onto the pict he, most with heads down and didnt look interested
Thought a couple of players gave it their all yesterday and actually thought that we still had a glimmer of hope at half time, that disappeared fairly quickly.

Whats my point? I honestly think some of the players are just going through the motions and like so many of the supporters just cant wait for each game to finish and the season to be finished

Players didn`t even bother to come down to our end of the pitch at the end. Marcus Smith seemed to be out there on his own after the game, was he trying to encourage the others to join him? Seemed to just shrug and then wander off himself but couldn`t really see too much from our end of the field.
Thought the tickets prices were a bit steep virtually sitting in line with the goal line.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:37
Only player who seemed to acknowledge the travelling support was Luke
That being said its not a new thing, used to get the excuse that Conor wanted a debrief straight after the game
But it was that and other instances I just dont think any of the team really wanted to be there

TW Quin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 19:53
Quote:
SiBolton
Only player who seemed to acknowledge the travelling support was Luke
That being said its not a new thing, used to get the excuse that Conor wanted a debrief straight after the game
But it was that and other instances I just dont think any of the team really wanted to be there

Agree and they didnt seem to want to be in the Glaws 22

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:06
Quote:
SiBolton
Now thats fine.

Agreed Si,and at 52 a seat!
I don't go along with bringing in the young inexperienced players now because, if you are going to introduce them to 1st team rugby, they are not going to get the support and encouragement that they need if the experienced players appear not to give a toss.
The way the first team is playing they are better off learning their trade in the remaining A League matches where there is something to play for and the team spirit appears to be far better.
On that note, hopefully tomorrow's A League game v Gloucester United will go ahead.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 07:09
Good point NFQ, but would much rather see players who have some passion on the pitch, thought Chris, Marchant, Marcus, all showed some spirit on Saturday, so maybe mix in a few academy guys with some experienced players

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:59
JK has to put the best team out for the last two games - if only to see who really wants to make the effort. No excuse for "just turning up" - they should have something to fight for, even if it is to attract attention of other suitors!

Our A team shouldn't be allowed to catch the disinterest and lac of morale that has infected our "first XV" - as above, leave them to play their semi-final and see where they get.

We created chances and blew them all once we approached the 22 as if someone had pumped dropping-the-ball/mis-passing gas around them.

They should all look in a mirror before they run out against Worcester in 2 weeks time and judge where and if they want to be a rugby player.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:02
Twice at The Stoop Worcester scored tries at will, and that was before our proper slump! It won't be a surprise to anyone if they score 4 to 8 tries against us.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:33
I know - I have my opaque Quins Morale specs on at the moment.

Not interested in who is DOR, just want our team to play with pride and put what has happened behind them.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:05
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
I know - I have my opaque Quins Morale specs on at the moment.
Not interested in who is DOR, just want our team to play with pride and put what has happened behind them.

Absolutely spot on BQ just really struck me how uninterested the vast majority appeared
As for the comments the previous weeks, we left ourselves down, the fans etc etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net