Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Gloucester v Harlequins ~ Highlights
Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 11:55

Re: Gloucester v Harlequins ~ Highlights
blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 12:22
Just terrible -- yet more missed tackles for the tries and that maul is just, well, actually it's just about exactly what we've been doing for two years.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 12:29
Laughable defending. I would question the commitment as well as the skills and system. Maybe it is poor fitness which means they're too knackered to commit fully to tackles and breakdown.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 12:33
Just an observation, relating to Quins almost constant inability to defend the maul.

When the maul is set - often from a lineout - we have a few players in it which invariably stops the initial momentum. We also have players standing off until the maul starts rolling, at which point they join to try and push it back. This doesn't seem to work.

Other teams commit players instantly and the maul doesn't always get any momentum, and even moves backwards at times. This isn't always the case, but certainly more often than when Quins defend.

I don't make this point to pretend it's as simple as it sounds, but it does look like an obvious flaw in our method of defending the maul. I also get that committing too many players every time would mean that opposition teams will exploit that fact; but maybe mixing it up might be a good idea.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:04
That video should have and x certificate. No organisation, poor tackling and a general malaise!

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:35
This is a slightly longer version showing the Gabriel Ibitoye 'bad day'.

[vodcmssec-a.akamaihd.net]

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:48
That third try really is absolutely unforgivable.

You can talk about the DOR, the coaching, the systems and even the Chief Exec, but if the players just give up and let players through like that I'm not really sure what anyone is supposed to do.

I am getting to the point where I'd keep about 5 players and just jettison the rest of the squad if it was possible.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:22
Oh God I've seen that movie before starring Seb Stegmann and Sam Smith!

SaffaQuin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 10:53
The radio commentary from BBC Radio Gloucester said that Quins were tiring in the last 10 mins and "were out on their feet". For those who watched the game was that true as it isn't evident in the highlights?

If this is true then there are significant issues with the management - fitness should be bread-and-butter for a club with our resources?

SiBolton (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 13:46
Actually thought that a large majority looked knackered and uninterested from the start

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net