Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Dean Richards for England Job
DOK (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 20:42

Re: Dean Richards for England Job
Rocker (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 23:05
Hard to disagree with any of that. I'm still rather hoping he might come back to us.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 06:33
3 different clubs he made successful. Cannot argue with him becoming next DOR.

I am sure though Newcastle with fight against it all the way. Still another 3 years to go before its a possibility.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 09:47
where are his family these days? Have they moved up North?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 10:11
Depends if England want the bloodgate baggage I guess. Also, his successes at club level were built on taking a squad of underperforming players, drilling them on the basics then building from there (maybe less so at Tigers). I'm not sure that's what is needed at international level.

Still agree that he deserves a shot if he wants it.

Not read the article yet, so not disagreeing or agreeing with it

Quinoids (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 11:47
Who was the player at Leicester who knifed him in the back that Healey speaks of?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 11:52
A wild guess at Geordan Murphy?

Camquin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 11:54
I seem to remember an article just before Bloodgate suggesting that the next England coach should be called Dean - and arguing the merits of Richards versus Ryan.

CPB62 (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 12:04
I find it very sad that people a) want him back b) would have him at England. This is a man with no morals who was prepared to sacrifice people for his own good perhaps you should remember its not win at all cost !!!!

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 12:34
Oh gawd, here we go again.

arniepie (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 13:01
Really cpb62???? If you really new what happened with bloodgate you would know that Richards is the only one who can hold his head high with his integrity still in tact, there are others who will have to live with the fact for the rest of their lives knowing that they chucked an honourable man under the bus ,,,, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!

arniepie (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 13:01
Really cpb62???? If you really new what happened with bloodgate you would know that Richards is the only one who can hold his head high with his integrity still in tact, there are others who will have to live with the fact for the rest of their lives knowing that they chucked an honourable man under the bus ,,,, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!

CPB62 (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 13:41
integrity having a laugh aren't you? was prepared to sacrifice TW and not admit the issue had happened in the 1st place, He was in charge so he carries the blame.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 14:11
yawn...

arniepie (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 14:17
As I said cpb62 if you really knew!!

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 14:44
Is that you nicksb?

Quinoids (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 15:30
Arniepie....tell us what you know then....

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 16:53
Quote:
Quinoids
Arniepie....tell us what you know then....

Arniepie does seem to have an inside line.Is he likely to reveal it and breach confidentiality? I doubt it, and neither would I!

harlequinade (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 19:41
Quote:
Scaramouche
A wild guess at Geordan Murphy?
Nah! it was a flanker (in both senses!)

You can have anything in life, if you will sacrifice everything else for it

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 09:52
Hmm I have a pretty good understanding of what happened and I wouldn't say that Richards comes out with his head held high.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 14:24
Quote:
Jammy Git
Hmm I have a pretty good understanding of what happened and I wouldn't say that Richards comes out with his head held high.

Nor me. Apart from being responsible for it wasn't he also responsible for the initial blanket denial?

BB

DOK (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 15:57
Standard police procedure?

DOK (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 15:57
Standard police procedure?

Mayor West (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 16:31
The ERC released information about what went on in dribs and drabs and out of order so it looked like contradictions were being made. If CBP62 thinks that Richards was the only one at it they are rather naive. Everyone was at it at all levels. That is very general knowledge . It's strange that the Irish run ERC, HQ in Dublin which is in Ireland , didn't investigate Leinster, which is an Irish club the year before in the competition for going to uncontested scrums somewhat suspiciously . As far as I remember even Leinster didn't want to follow up the incident but why would you if you won anyway and you could then get into trouble yourself.

CPB62 (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 18:54
No you get me wrong, thatís why club got let off lightly others were leniently treated, Because others were at it. My problem with Richards was he wasnít man enough to admit what he did and was prepared to let Tw take the hit

Mayor West (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 21:26
You only think that because, as I said, information came out all in the wrong order making it look that way.

CPB62 (IP Logged)
21 April, 2018 23:27
Why did they deny it for so long then?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 08:57
Quote:
Mayor West
You only think that because, as I said, information came out all in the wrong order making it look that way.

Er, no.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 09:43
Oh goody. Another thread about the thing that shall never be mentioned...

DOK (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 11:19
Well, as others have said, who else is there who is currently an English coach who has the reputation and CV to do the job. More to the point who has a better CV? 3 clubs, 3 successes from a man who doesn't do coaching. Clearly he can get the message across and motivate his coaches to do their job to his satisfaction.

(Which is also why I'd like to see him back at Harlequins!)

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 12:00
I've no idea if Deano is good enough to get the England job but I couldn't care less about bloodgate in the context of the England job.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 13:45
I was surprised why incidents such as the "hand of Back" and Cockerill having stitches cut open, both went unpunished.

As for Deano and BG, I thought he came clean as soon as it was decided that TW would be made an example of?

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 17:57
Quote:
As for Deano and BG, I thought he came clean as soon as it was decided that TW would be made an example of?

The ERC had video evidence of TW taking the capsule from his sick and putting it in his mouth. With everyone denying everything he was the only person they could find guilty and consequently entirely responsible, even though that was clearly ridiculous. So he got a heavy punishment and got a bit fed up at being the scapegoat. It was only then when he made the decision to spill the beans on the whole affair in his appeal that Deano came clean.

BB

Mayor West (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 21:18
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Mayor West

Er, no.

According to the detailed account by Mr Moore it was a shambles. Details from different hearings were released but not in the order by date.

CPB62 (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 21:42
But if Richards didnít approve it, and was then prepared to let TW take the blame, what did happen mayor west?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 22:14
Quote:
Mayor West
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Mayor West

Er, no.

According to the detailed account by Mr Moore it was a shambles. Details from different hearings were released but not in the order by date.

That made us look worse in the papers. It didn't change what actually happened.

Quote:
Quinky Kin
I was surprised why incidents such as the "hand of Back" and Cockerill having stitches cut open, both went unpunished.

Why would the hand of back be punished? It's an on-field offence worthy of a penalty. Maybe a yellow these days. Kinda silly to compare it with Bloodgate.

I don't recall the Cockers thing but of course we all know the story about Umaga having similar done (it's in his autobiography) and Dallaglio's joke about fish and chips when playing against Bath. But what we did was so blatant and involved such a ludicrous cover-up it had to be punished when it was so obviously sticking two fingers up at the rules.

Plus the Irish bear a grudge like nobody else.

Agree it shouldn't stop Richards being considered for England, but personally I think we are well rid of him - fine DoR but did huge damage to us.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 22:34
Quote:
Jammy Git

Quote:
Quinky Kin

Why would the hand of back be punished? It's an on-field offence worthy of a penalty. Maybe a yellow these days. Kinda silly to compare it with Bloodgate.

Erm, I wasn't comparing the two. Merely expanding the discussion. That's what tends to happen, and is how the whole BG subject came up in this thread.

My point is that I'm surprised at how some issues seem to be very harshly punished, and others are simply let go. There is a rather amusing coincidence that all three issues to which I refer have a Leicester connection. Just a coincidence though.

Yareet (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 23:21
Quote:
Brown Bottle

The ERC had video evidence of TW taking the capsule from his sick and putting it in his mouth.

Ewwwww

halfback09 (IP Logged)
22 April, 2018 23:30
From what I read he doesnít want the england job

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 08:06
Quote:
halfback09
From what I read he doesnít want the england job

Well, he would say that? Wouldn't he?

Dean Richards, for all his talent, is damaged goods.

I don't believe he will get the England, or Quins job.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 13:48
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
Brown Bottle

The ERC had video evidence of TW taking the capsule from his sick and putting it in his mouth.

Ewwwww

Yeah, sorry about that! smiling smiley

BB

Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
23 April, 2018 15:09
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
Brown Bottle

Ewwwww

I know, right? Just when you think it can't get any more sordid...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net