rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Quins Women
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 10:55
Playing Sarries in the Prem final today. 3.00pm ko at Ealing. On Sky and also being streamed on the Tyrrells 15 website.

Two strong teams out. Quins missing their kiwi prop (banned for a dangerous tackle) but otherwise I think both are at full strength

Re: Quins Women
Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 10:57
Link here

[www.premier15s.com]

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 17:11
Lost 20-24

Link to report here:- [www.premier15s.com]

Robertquin (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 19:05
Lost but fought all the way against the top team. A very creditable performance to be proud of. Hats off to our ladies team.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 19:20
The quick penalty under the posts during the last few minutes of normal time lost them the game, pack was dominant at the time with Sarries down to 14 players. An enjoyable game to watch unlike the men`s games at the moment.

BlueCap (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 19:27
Well done the Ladies. Letís have a lap of honour next week as they deserve it.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 19:40
I was there and if the men could take a look at the commitment , heart and effort the girls gave they could learn something. Wardy, Marcus and Joe Marchant were there too but I'm not sure they are the ones that would benefit . The girls were a little unlucky but Saracens played well. They were also lucky not to have more yellows for constant infringement as they had already given 21 pens away before half time. Quins dominated the second half but couldn't quite get over the line. Ealing is a very strange ground. A big building down one side with barely any seats in to watch games.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 19:46
"Ealing is a very strange ground. A big building down one side with barely any seats in to watch games."

If London Broncos get promoted that could all change, to the benefit of Ealing Trailfinders rugby union.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 19:55
I agree about the last pen under the posts. Sarries had tried to slow down quins all game and we tried to inject pace when we could but that point was when we should have taken a scrum. Good advert for the women's game and both sides can be proud of themselves.

As for Broncos going up, cant see it this year, our squad is too small compared with the big sides and the SL sides we will hopefully play in the 8s. Need all of luck with injuries which at the moment we don't have. I think Eailing are more likely to get promotion first as it stands

TW Quin (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 20:34
Great passionate performance and really enjoyed watching them. Well done Quins ladies.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 21:32
Putting the men's team to absolute shame.

Well done the women's team. Put them out against Exeter I say.

DOK (IP Logged)
29 April, 2018 22:07
It was good, but how many chances did they butcher 10 metres from the Saracens line? A bit more composure and could have won that easily.

For commitment, you only have to note the 5 extra minutes of play in the first half as Harlequins tried hard to score that all important try, finally doing so. Now that is commitment and something it sounds like some of the mens' team could do with.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 07:52
I thought the winger, Breach should have backed herself for the corner near the end. Worse case she is pushed into touch and sarries have the throw on their try line. The way we attacked their LO would have been worth it.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 08:26
Talking to one of the coaches after the game and they said that some of the descision making was wrong but you only say that when what they decide to do goes wrong. The quick tap that was knocked on for example. If that had worked then it was the right choice. If you had chosen the scrum and that hadn't worked that would have been the wrong descision. The coach also wasn't happy with the amount of penalties against Quins that went unpunished. To give away 21 in one half with no yellow is odd. Sport is filled with ifs and buts. The Ladies gave everything which is all you can ask. To get to two finals is fantastic and losing both will give them extra determination next season.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
30 April, 2018 09:35
Well done to the ladies team for a very good season

plzd (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 19:46
I am pleased for them but it doesn't do anything for me personally

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 19:54
Fair enough, but I dont understand why people come on to a thread, clearly about the women's team just to say they are not interested in it!!!

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 14:16
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Fair enough, but I dont understand why people come on to a thread, clearly about the women's team just to say they are not interested in it!!!

Attention seeking.

BB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net