Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

JK says goodbye
blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 19:36

Re: JK says goodbye
Rocker (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 00:51
I do feel sorry for him. But I do think he had to go.

A decent man who cares about the club who was unfortunatley, for him and the club, promoted beyond his abilities and didn't have the coaching team to back him up.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 10:02
A decent man .

His loyalty proved a double edged sword as he remained loyal to coaches that he should have replaced .

I hope he stays in rugby and finds a job he enjoys.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 11:14
Yes, he's obviously very emotional in that. I said at the DE meeting that he should have stayed as a coach, was more effective as Forwards coach on his own than Rowntree and Jones combined have been.

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 12:40
Perhaps the new DOR will offer him a job.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 08:46
Very dignified and a true club man. Good luck JK.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 09:13
Tend to agree with TQ here. JK has always been very effective when concentrating on what he does best, coachig the forward pack. If they all had to reapply for their jobs, who would you rather have as forwards coach? Perhaps the best template is for a new DOR to take JK back & bin all the others?

arniepie (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 09:34
Jk was given an ultimatum either him or the coaches, being the honourable man that he is he fell on his sword, couldnít have been easy after 17 years at the club, sad to see twoomey and Mathews leave as well after 10 years at the club, I wish them all the very best

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 12:40
Quote:
Jk was given an ultimatum either him or the coaches, being the honourable man that he is he fell on his sword

As I suspected.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 15:28
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Jk was given an ultimatum either him or the coaches, being the honourable man that he is he fell on his sword

As I suspected.

Good to hear that he wasn't sacked.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 15:56
How do we know that he was given that ultimatum? Just wondering who leaked that as Iíd have thought onl two people would been involved Ellis and JK.

plzd (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 00:26
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
A decent man .
His loyalty proved a double edged sword as he remained loyal to coaches that he should have replaced .

I hope he stays in rugby and finds a job he enjoys.
agree 100 percent

plzd (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 00:27
Quote:
QuinAlan
Tend to agree with TQ here. JK has always been very effective when concentrating on what he does best, coachig the forward pack. If they all had to reapply for their jobs, who would you rather have as forwards coach? Perhaps the best template is for a new DOR to take JK back & bin all the others?
would be delighted with that

kevin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 06:51
Quote:
arniepie
Jk was given an ultimatum either him or the coaches, being the honourable man that he is he fell on his sword, couldnít have been easy after 17 years at the club, sad to see twoomey and Mathews leave as well after 10 years at the club, I wish them all the very best
I honestly find this hard to believe. Not the kind of thing that leaks beyond those involved. If JK did this he was doing no one a favour. Neither himself nor the club. Iím a bit twitchy that our Ďcoachesí are still in place.

thomh (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 11:36
Quote:
arniepie

Where have you got that from? Not seen it reported anywhere and JK doesn't claim it in that interview.

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 11:55
Fake news from arniepie.......

Jumped or pushed - it makes no difference.

The way these things work is that JK was told he was going and a mutually acceptable agreement was negotiated in recognition of 17 years loyal service to the club.

It's hard to feel too sorry for someone with a £700,000 golden handshake and the near certainty of being offered another well-paid job somewhere on the rugby merry-go-round before the start of next season. It's sport........

If JK's only legacy is him leaving the best squad Quins every had. So what, he also had the biggest ever budget any DoR has had at Quins by a country mile and he could not make that work.

Roll on next season.......

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 16:17
Quote:
Quaking Quin

The way these things work is that JK was told he was going and a mutually acceptable agreement was negotiated in recognition of 17 years loyal service to the club.

It's hard to feel too sorry for someone with a £700,000 golden handshake and the near certainty of being offered another well-paid job somewhere on the rugby merry-go-round before the start of next season. It's sport........

If JK's only legacy is him leaving the best squad Quins every had. So what, he also had the biggest ever budget any DoR has had at Quins by a country mile and he could not make that work.

On the first point, arniepie has proven time and again to have an inside source close to the club...

On a further point, where has it been confirmed that JK was given a £700k golden anything?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 18:14
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Quaking Quin

On the first point, arniepie has proven time and again to have an inside source close to the club...

On a further point, where has it been confirmed that JK was given a £700k golden anything?

It may make no difference but itís interesting, some things are allowed just to be interesting arenít they?

And as above - yeah sure itís #fakenews. Arniepie is either part of the support staff/medical/trainers/fitness or he is married to someone or very close to someone who is something similar.

Rarely wrong about anything so seems odd to suggest heíd make it this up out of the blue - could be wrong but precedent suggests not.

And indeed - ironically the 700k golden reach-around may well be #fakenews since it was never sourced by anyone to anything real.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 20:13 by blucherquin.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 22:13
Quote:
arniepie

Have to feel for Twoomy. Two years ago I felt he was becoming a nailed on starter then his injury woes and now I understand he's not got a club to go to yet! Tough life really

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 23:36
"Arniepie is either part of the support staff/medical/trainers/fitness or he is married to someone or very close to someone who is something similar." - Quote

Blucherquin - you cannot be serious.

The reason no one knows the exact amount is because the redundancy payment will be subject to a confidentiality agreement with only a very limited few knowing anything. Anyone in the club giving out such privileged information would be subject to instant dismissal. Your proposition that any part of the discussion between JK and Ellis is part of general office chit-chat at Quins is ridiculous.

'Either you go or the coaches go' (as Arniepie suggests) is probably a constructive dismissal claim - not a creditable dismissal tactic.

Standard employment law means Quins will have to pay out what is left on JK's newly extended 2 year contract plus any other compensation. At £350,000 per year salary and bonuses, the £700k quoted in The Rugby Paper is not an unrealistic sum and it's also tax free as a redundancy payment - unless Arniepie knows someone who has a friend married to someone who knows different.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:04
It's a little bit disingenuous to talk about JK having the biggest budget of any Quins DoR - every other club also has their biggest budget (bar perhaps the cheats), including foreign sides, and wages have ballooned.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:46
Quite.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 10:17
Quote:
Quaking Quin
"Arniepie is either part of the support staff/medical/trainers/fitness or he is married to someone or very close to someone who is something similar." - Quote

The reason no one knows the exact amount is because the redundancy payment will be subject to a confidentiality agreement with only a very limited few knowing anything. Anyone in the club giving out such privileged information would be subject to instant dismissal. Your proposition that any part of the discussion between JK and Ellis is part of general office chit-chat at Quins is ridiculous.

'Either you go or the coaches go' (as Arniepie suggests) is probably a constructive dismissal claim - not a creditable dismissal tactic.

Standard employment law means Quins will have to pay out what is left on JK's newly extended 2 year contract plus any other compensation. At £350,000 per year salary and bonuses, the £700k quoted in The Rugby Paper is not an unrealistic sum and it's also tax free as a redundancy payment - unless Arniepie knows someone who has a friend married to someone who knows different.

You seem to have it in for a poster - ďarniepieĒ that seldom posts but provides that which has most often proven factually correct.

Redundancy pay is only tax free up to £30,000 after which it is taxed.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 10:23
On the Twomey point above, Danny mentioned on the podcast that Gray is also currently still looking for a club

Navyquin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 10:28
Quote:
T-Bone
On the Twomey point above, Danny mentioned on the podcast that Gray is also currently still looking for a club

I would be surprised if Twomey is without a club come the beginning of the new season.

Grins (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 11:21
Quote:
Roaming Quin
How do we know that he was given that ultimatum? Just wondering who leaked that as Iíd have thought onl two people would been involved Ellis and JK.

I'd be amazed if Ellis could take the decision to replace the DOR unilaterally - it must have been a board discussion, or at least the Chairman and owner.

CPB62 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 11:36
Both Gray and Twomey have a semi-permanent sick note why would you offer either anything other than a pay as you play deal

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 12:29
Quote:
Grins
Quote:
Roaming Quin

I'd be amazed if Ellis could take the decision to replace the DOR unilaterally - it must have been a board discussion, or at least the Chairman and owner.

Plus the HR department, and various PAs/EAs would have some knowledge. It does seem pretty unlikely that only two people would have known.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:31
Oh, you work in the HR department do you?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:04
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Oh, you work in the HR department do you?

Assuming that question is aimed at me... where is that suggested?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:17
Well if you don't I hope you have some evidence for your assertion?

Cookie (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:19
Quote:
arniepie

I can believe it, although it doesnít really fit with the direction we seem to be going in, which almost certainly doesnít see Mapletoft surviving.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:16
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Is there any point to the majority of your posts? Or do you just attempt to bait? Because when it comes to baiting, you really are a master.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:25
Quote:
Quaking Quin

Sorry but Iíve been made redundant twice from large companies and I know exactly what deals were done because everyone talked about it despite signing hush clauses.

He may not be right but itís not necessarily total bollocks as was suggested - and this stuff goes round offices all the time.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 07:19
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Is there any point to the majority of your posts? Or do you just attempt to bait? Because when it comes to baiting, you really are a master.

Are you for real? That is EXACTLY what you do whenever anybody makes a fair conclusion which cannot be proven.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 08:39
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Are you for real? That is EXACTLY what you do whenever anybody makes a fair conclusion which cannot be proven.

Several posters have called you out on your "fair conclusions", which seem to often consist of sniping comments and snide remarks, with a sprinkling of negativity. And when you are asked to back up your occasional assertions, you invariably fail.

Of course, without challenging your comments, we'd have to accept that Quins didn't get a bonus point at the Double Header, and Quins have never used an injury replacement...

But do carry on with your unquestionable knowledge.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 08:41
Rodney Kin and Quinky Regis are Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde...

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 10:10
Bit like Jammy Git and Quinten Poulsen who often seem to post fairly close together.....

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 11:43
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Grins
Quote:
Roaming Quin

Plus the HR department, and various PAs/EAs would have some knowledge. It does seem pretty unlikely that only two people would have known.

Fair one, never really thought about folks with a glass to the wall. I would like to think professional courtesy would step in but knowing human nature everyone love a bit of gossip.

I was not a fan of JK in DOR role and although supported the team thought he'd fail I just hope what ever happened leading to his departure it was done in a way that befitted his time and pleasant personality. He never set out to fail and I'm sure this will haunt him for a fair while.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 12:04
Quote:
Scaramouche
Bit like Jammy Git and Quinten Poulsen who often seem to post fairly close together.....

We used to agree all the time.

Now he's wrong all the time. It's very sad sad smiley

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 13:52
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Scaramouche

Yeah, okay Zaphod, whatever......

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 15:47
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Scaramouche

I've reached an age where being disagreeable is the most fun I have. sad smiley

Bodders (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 18:09
Ealing are keen on Twomey returning to them (he was dual registered with them very early on in career). He was popular there and they are spending right now.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 18:19
Quote:
Bodders
Ealing are keen on Twomey returning to them (he was dual registered with them very early on in career). He was popular there and they are spending right now.

I think that would be a good move all round

mighty_quin (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 10:29
Anyone know if we get any leeway with a London weighting salary cap?

DOK (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 10:43
No we don't. Salary cap is the same for all clubs (in theory!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net