Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Team's Up
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 11:53
On the Offy

Harlequins Announce Matchday Squad for Exeter Chiefs
Friday, 4th May 2018 @ 12:00

Harlequins has named its 23 for their Aviva Premiership Round 22 fixture against Exeter Chiefs at The Stoop
There are three changes to the side that played Worcester Warriors last week at Sixways. Injuries to Jamie Roberts and Joe Marchant mean that Alofa Alofa shifts into 13 with James Lang moving to 12. Tim Visser starts on the left wing.

Ross Chisholm and Henry Cheeseman move onto the bench alongside Phil Swainston who covers for the injured Will Collier.

Director of Rugby John Kingston said “Our performances in the second half of this season have been frustrating and disappointing. Saturday offers us one last opportunity against the current best side in England at a sold-out Stoop."

“We will rightly be considered huge underdogs but are immensely looking forward to the challenge.”

Harlequins Squad to face Exeter Chiefs

15 Mike Brown (297)
14 Charlie Walker (86)
13 Alofa Alofa (55)
12 James Lang (21)
11 Tim Visser (60)
10 Marcus Smith (27)
9 Danny Care (243)

1 Joe Marler (167)
2 Dave Ward (Captain, 142)
3 Kyle Sinckler (121)
4 George Merrick (80)
5 Charlie Matthews (163)
6 Chris Robshaw (256)
7 Luke Wallace (161)
8 Mat Luamanu (66)

16 Elia Elia (15)
17 Mark Lambert (233)
18 Phil Swainston (8)
19 Stan South (16)
20 Archie White (20)
21 Dave Lewis (16)
22 Henry Cheeseman (13)
23 Ross Chisholm (89)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2018 11:54 by Fearless Fred.

Re: Team's Up
T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 11:58
Wish I was going now. Nice weather, farewells to players and JK. Oh well.

I like the Smith/Lang combo.

No last appearance for Twomey or Gray

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:00
CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE HARLEQUINS

15 Phil Dollman
14 Santiago Cordero
13 Jack Nowell
12 Sam Hill
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Nic White

1 Ben Moon
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Tomas Francis
4 Mitch Lees
5 Jonny Hill
6 Dave Ewers
7 Don Armand (capt)
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Alec Hepburn
18 Greg Holmes
19 Sam Skinner
20 Dave Dennis
21 Stu Townsend
22 Gareth Steenson
23 Tom Hendrickson

DOK (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:03
Normally I'd have said we were in with a good shout with that team!

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:13
Strong team from Exeter.

Hard to see us getting anything out of this based on the recent form of both teams, but maybe they'll pull out a performance for the last game of the season.

It's a Quins team that looks good on paper, but when you dig beneath the surface a bit it looks pretty weak.

Marler and Sinckler have been an ill disciplined rabble recently and Ward is a penalty magnet.

Matthews and Merrick still fail to impress, Wallace hasn't been at his best for a while and Luamanu continues to fail to make yards when he really should.

Care, Smith and Lang looks like a talented three, but I'm not sure how much of the ball they'll get, and whilst Alofa has been okay this season I don't think he makes a great centre.

Back three should be okay though, and it's good to see Visser in the team.

DamonQuins (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:18
I agree with your comments on our forwards. I think our 2nd row and back row, apart from Chis JNR, have had a terrible season. Backs will have little platform to play off so I expect a 30+ defeat.

Cookie (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 12:19
Bookies say Exeter will win by more than 9 points. I’ll be having some of that!

D-Quins (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 13:35
some bookie is going to lose big time then, while I will hate to see it I think we could lose by 40+ points unless Exeter take it easy on us!

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:00
A side note on travel. Not only do we have the 'joy' of the Army/Navy game, anyone travelling in by train from the Oxfordshire/M4 region thinking of going through London instead of the Reading/Waterloo route, be advised there's a bus replacement service on the mainline from Paddington between Hayes & Harlington and Maidenhead. It's also the Womens FA Cup final too...

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:12
Quote:
Cookie
Bookies say Exeter will win by more than 9 points. I’ll be having some of that!

I'm going to clean out my Paddy Power account betting on Exe.

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:15
I just hope they put in a herculean defensive effort and even when they lose, at least they can say they tried to keep a rampant Chiefs side out. Any points on the board will be a bonus, with Smith & Lang in the positions I think they'll play for us going forwards.

Tough finish for JK, let's hope the players show this so-called respect they have for him.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:50
Quote:
Fearless Fred
A side note on travel. Not only do we have the 'joy' of the Army/Navy game, anyone travelling in by train from the Oxfordshire/M4 region thinking of going through London instead of the Reading/Waterloo route, be advised there's a bus replacement service on the mainline from Paddington between Hayes & Harlington and Maidenhead. It's also the Womens FA Cup final too...

Yeah and as I mentioned elsewhere - all the pubs have to shut at 7pm. And the roads may close as early as 1130am.....

04 May, 2018 16:18
The only result that will really hurt me (and frankly mean anything) is a HEAVY loss.....all other permutations will leave me feeling extremely 'meh'

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 16:23
I think we will get well and truly battered beyond belief

jonf (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 17:04
I hope we can keep them below 60

SiBolton (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 18:13
Quins score bonus point try on 38 minutes
The travelling Chiefs fans drowned out by the Quins chop, and the louder “ You ain’t seen nothing”
The Stoops rocking louder than when we beat Sarries
The suns out and the beers flowing
In the second half Quins get three more unanswered try’s as the defence holds like a brick wall
Nobody leaves early as everyone’s having such a great time
At the end of the game the teams and coaches walk round the pitch clapping the supporters who have endured so much the season

(Sm120)and then I woke up

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:29
What a fantastic post..!!

Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:35
I think we will win this one.......just. Exeter have a home semi and don't want injuries or to get too tired. They will under estimate us or not really care.

This is so I can say I told you so tomorrow night. If we get tonked no one will remember this post anyway. Yes I have had a drink.

1908 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:52
Quins 27 Exeter 24

Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 21:51
Oi West Country boy, get off my bandwagon. Unless you have pasties and cider.

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 23:11
We're gonna get mullered.

D-Quins (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 23:47
Roberts is leaving so that should free up a fair chunk of cash

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 07:07
Quote:
D-Quins
Roberts is leaving so that should free up a fair chunk of cash

He’s leaving?

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 07:30
Yes, wasn't offered a contract renewal (he wanted to stay, he said) though perhaps that's because it wasn't enough money to tempt him? Not sure about that last bit.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 09:04
I was just being silly - the previous poster randomly said we’d have more cash from his leaving like he’d just heard about it.

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 10:32
Bookies have woken up and changed the predicted win by Exeter from 9 to 12 points!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 10:39
Quote:
Cookie
Bookies have woken up and changed the predicted win by Exeter from 9 to 12 points!

I’ll be amazed if they win by less than 20.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 11:11
Quote:
jonf
I hope we can keep them below 60

Yep would be good and I was going to post that I think they'll put 60 on us.

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 14:20
I remember in our relegation year we beat Exeter 70-5 if my memory can be trusted. How times have changed. They might be getting proper revenge for that drubbing later, it wouldnt surprise me. What a fantastic story it has been for Exeter & how well run they are as both a club & team.

1908 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 15:19
I'm only predicting 27 -24 in the vain hope that I get 10 points in the prediction league that might just take me to the top. Got to catch that Stooperman at the very least.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net