rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Lets start a rumour......
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:21
James Haskell has started following Quins on twitter.....surely not!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2018 20:24 by HonkyTonk.

Re: Lets start a rumour......
Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:28
Iíd have him, proven BR aggressive and good ball carrier down side we could have 30 mins with 14 if him sink andMarler water.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:32
I dont think it would be a bad move at all. Not his biggest fan but he has a bit of character about him. Biggest issue would be wages but I believe one of the rumours being he wants to stay in England due to the world cup. Not interested in France, even if it means a lesser contract. Would rather a lock myself though (see Paterson has left Saints)

Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:42
Could be good back row cover for a year.

I've heard that there are two high profile players coming in still to be announced.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:45
Guessing one is Symmons??

Mayor West (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 21:54
Higher than that but it depends on new DOR and team I think.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 22:10
Surprised we have cap space

The Baptist (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 09:26
If we are going to sign any backrow players, I would like to see us pick up John Hardie who has been released by Edinburgh. Tackles all day long, good over the ball, excellent link player and proven at international level.

If we do get a coach from NZ I think he would slot in very nicely. Was one of the highlanders stand out players.

7 is a position of weakness for us. Thought Wallace was the real deal when he burst onto the scene, but injuries and probably mediocre coaching have slowed his development. Blindside and No.8 are well stocked.

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 10:30
Seemingly Haskell has drastically reduced what heís asking for. Was originally asking for 2/3 years and decent money. Now wants a 1 year deal for a last shot at the RWC and only around £125-150k. Iíd take him, for definite.

PQ2 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 14:03
...Well stocked at #8 ?!?!?

-Do you mean Luamanu, who can barely wheeze his way around the pitch for 40, or the perpetually-broken duo of Bothma & Clifford?

-I'm afraid I'd be hoping for more than place-holders in such a key position; this isn't a pub team, where getting 15 to commit to turning up is an achievement..

SteveQuin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 14:37
+1

Navyquin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 15:23
One rumour I saw in the Mail, well was repeated to me by someone who read the Mail is that Gloucester are after Robshaw. I am only the messanger so please don't shoot me and I don't believe the above Mail rumour myself.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 15:26
Robshaw is under contract until 2020.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 16:35
[quote Quinten Poulsen]Robshaw is under contract until 2020.[/quote
That is why I didn't believe it, It does fit in well with the topic headline.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2018 09:53 by Navyquin.

The Baptist (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:39
Quote:
PQ2
...Well stocked at #8 ?!?!?
-Do you mean Luamanu, who can barely wheeze his way around the pitch for 40, or the perpetually-broken duo of Bothma & Clifford?

-I'm afraid I'd be hoping for more than place-holders in such a key position; this isn't a pub team, where getting 15 to commit to turning up is an achievement..

I was actually referring to Clifford and Chisholm, whom on their day can both be excellent players.

As for the passive aggression, Iím not really sure what youíre getting at? Both these players, including Luamanu and Bothma (who is more of a blindside by the way) are all contracted for next year and wonít be leaving anytime soon. I don't think there is going to be a raft of replacements, so what are you venting about. My original post was about signing an alternative to Wallace at openside.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 19:19 by The Baptist.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:57
Robshaw will retire from Quins!!!!!!

Maybe Haskell is our new DOR. LOL

Dave L (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 20:08
The Mail is becoming hilarious. Constantly creating bizarre rumours in the hope of turning rugby into football for scandal.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 00:30
Quote:
Dave L
T...becoming hilarious...

It's always been "hilarious" - the upwardly-minded middle class laughing at the rest!

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 07:32
Surely not James Haskell.....we have complained about previously keeping players who have gone on too long....so please donít sign James.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 08:32
Quote:
The Baptist
If we are going to sign any backrow players, I would like to see us pick up John Hardie who has been released by Edinburgh. Tackles all day long, good over the ball, excellent link player and proven at international level.
If we do get a coach from NZ I think he would slot in very nicely. Was one of the highlanders stand out players.

7 is a position of weakness for us. Thought Wallace was the real deal when he burst onto the scene, but injuries and probably mediocre coaching have slowed his development. Blindside and No.8 are well stocked.

Agreed. Hardie would be a really good acquisition. We definitely need a 7 and as much as I like Wallace, I don't think he is good enough to be an inked-in starter.

Rocker (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 09:08
To be fair to Wallace he's not had a great season but let's not be too hasty to dismiss what he contributes. He had a very nasty injury hehe the start of the season and only came back once we were in freefall! Let's see how he looks next year after a bit of recovery time over the summer and a full preseason. I don't think Haskell would be a bad option. One of the things we really lack is a big ball carrier. He does that job well. I think what we really need is a big lump at 8.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 10:07
You mean bigger than Luamanu! Or do you mean same size but better. We have Dombrant next year but I think he is more of a s lock. If you've seen his highlight video you can't help being a bit excited. He could be the big ball carrier we need.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 10:33
Fissler reckons Haskell is a no go. Also says that we are looking to appoint a general manager and head coach. Kennedy is a possible as is Ben Ryan. 6 people have been interviewed but Lancaster not one

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 10:39
Quote:
Mayor West
You mean bigger than Luamanu! Or do you mean same size but better. We have Dombrant next year but I think he is more of a s lock. If you've seen his highlight video you can't help being a bit excited. He could be the big ball carrier we need.

It's been said on here that Bothma has spent a lot of time in the gym and is now even bigger and more powerful. He is definitely a strong ball carrier.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 10:45
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Mayor West

It's been said on here that Bothma has spent a lot of time in the gym and is now even bigger and more powerful. He is definitely a strong ball carrier.

As is Chisholm and the Sinck. Not sure we have any second rows that fit the bill though.

Hortiquin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 20:49
Probably unrelated, i did see Dean Ryan in a meeting in the Burford area the other Sunday, no idea who other guy was.

Hortiquin (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 15:14
is it a bet?

are odds being offered by bookies on candidates?

T-Bone (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 16:10
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Mayor West

While I'm not disagreeing with you, we've seen so little of him I think it's too early to say that, if fit, he'll prove to be a great signing. I certainly hope so but I think he's playes about 5 times maybe? We've seen loads of our players have a purple patch then drop off, so I'm not sure that a few goof appearances in one season is enough to be confident he'kk be great once fit. Same for Cat and Elia. Really hope they are though

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 18:32
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Mayor West

While I'm not disagreeing with you, we've seen so little of him I think it's too early to say that, if fit, he'll prove to be a great signing. I certainly hope so but I think he's playes about 5 times maybe? We've seen loads of our players have a purple patch then drop off, so I'm not sure that a few goof appearances in one season is enough to be confident he'kk be great once fit. Same for Cat and Elia. Really hope they are though

Granted we've only seen a bit of him, which was very good. I'm also thinking of his background as Namibian captain and Super rugby player. But you're right - we need to see him consistently.

11 May, 2018 21:26
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Dave L
T...becoming hilarious...

It's always been "hilarious" - the upwardly-minded middle class laughing at the rest!

Cuddly animal story by page 9 at the latest.

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 11:08
Confirmed as off to Saints:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net