rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Half time...to full time
kevin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 16:43
17-24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 17:54 by kevin.

Re: Half time...
never sleep (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 16:44
I will take that score. We have played well. So have they. Good game to watch so far

kevin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 16:45
2 converted tries and a penalty v 4 tries, 2 conversions. Wonder if we are showing a bit of effort? Hardly a mullering...yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 16:46 by kevin.

kevin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:46
As per usual...17-39 as near to final whistle.17-41

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 17:47 by kevin.

ironquin1886 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:50
I'm glad I went out on my motorbike and enjoyed the sun instead of staying in and listening to that sh*te.

jonf (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:57
Listened from Vietnam...collapse, dire and thankfully the season is over. New Dor, clear out the coaching team, time to let several players go including those with on on going injury record (Saili amongst them)...work hard off season...and we may get better next season.

kevin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:58
10th

Re: Half time...to full time
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 18:01
I'm glad I couldn't be bothered to go and I'm glad I put everything in my betting account on various outcomes in favour of Exeter. It was a better effort than recently though, and I'm pleased the stream I saw showed JK's lap of the pitch. I realised that I'm more sad to see him go than I have been when any player has left the club or retired.

never sleep (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 18:06
Yes, we lost. But it was a good game to watch. We were never going to win

mandator (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 18:39
A mountain to climb for next season-it is going to be a brave man as next DOR

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 19:07
You missed an entertaining game in the sunshine.

Exeter simply a class way above anything Quins had to offer - that is the fault of JK and his coaching staff.

Whoever is DoR next season needs a complete change in attitude otherwise the club will be (is) relegation fodder - everyone else (including Bristol) have moved on.............

GP2110 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 19:13
I thought it was a very enjoyable game. Much better performance against by far the best team Ive seen at the Stoop this season. Our bench was a big drop off in quality but overall a very good day out

blucherquin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 19:56
If youre being negative you werent there

Dave L (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 20:06
Better decision making and wed have got fairly close. Much more effort today. Decision making at times was bizarre which meant we butchered a few chances.

Well done Exeter. Took all their chances and made very few mistakes. Nice bunch of fans too.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 22:25
Decent enough match, started off well with the first try and quick ball before settling into the standard poor handling and miracle passes.

Result a pretty fair reflection of the Match.

never sleep (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 06:31
Only one score separating the teams with about 20 minutes to go including one chiefs try that could have been given as a knock on.
Unfortunately, the teams heads dropped when chiefs took a kick to give a ten point buffer.
We had a few chances to level in the second half which failed, but chiefs are a good team.

But, I echo Blucherquin. I thought that it was an entertaining game

Cookie (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 08:33
Entertaining game, but I'll say again, our fitness is questionable. Yet again collapsed late on.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 09:00
This is something Mike Brown alluded to on the FB interview, & explains a lot for me. We were nowhere near fit & prepared to fac London Irish at the LDH & if your fitness & conditioning is down, then its a struggle to compete, play your own game, & avoid injury. This & the defence are the two most important things needing a sound repair. All signs of a lazy culture.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 09:59
Not fit enough and injuries. Might be easy to fix our injury problems with a new fitness and conditioning coach then.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 10:41
Quote:
Mayor West
Not fit enough and injuries. Might be easy to fix our injury problems with a new fitness and conditioning coach then.
This crossed my mind. I believe our S&C guy is a strong man competitor. Do we focus too much on strength and not enough on stamina?

poorfour (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 18:40
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Mayor West
This crossed my mind. I believe our S&C guy is a strong man competitor. Do we focus too much on strength and not enough on stamina?

I think we need to focus first on injury prevention... I suspect that with a constant cycle of players on and off the treatment table, we rarely have an XV who are properly match fit as opposed to just fit enough to get on the pitch. You can generally afford one or two players who are coming back from injury, but at times this season it has been close to half the team.

One of the things that marked out the AP winning season was that a core of 11-12 players played in most matches (though what I would regard as our best XV only took the field once: in the final [1]). This season we have not had that, and it showed in how quick the players were to respond compared to Exeter.

The worrying thing is that we have had bad seasons with injuries for the last few years. We can't afford for that to keep happening, and it seems implausible that it's *just* bad luck (though there's some of that - especially for poor Catrakilis [2]) so something needs to change in our conditioning to make injury prevention a priority.

[1] Yes, I am sad enough that I checked.
[2] And some skullduggery that did for George Lowe.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 22:06
Quote:
never sleep
Only one score separating the teams with about 20 minutes to go including one chiefs try that could have been given as a knock on.
Unfortunately, the teams heads dropped when chiefs took a kick to give a ten point buffer.
We had a few chances to level in the second half which failed, but chiefs are a good team.

But, I echo Blucherquin. I thought that it was an entertaining game

Not so sure the teams heads dropped as it was around then, when only a 10 point gap, that Lang made a break through the middle and ended up throwing a hail mary pass out to the wing which went to ground. Unfortunately if he could have delayed trying that pass just a slit second, Cheeseman was coming through on his shoulder like a train at full chat and most likely would have scored under the sticks to cut the lead to 3. Would have made for a interesting last 15-20 mins. Zenith point in the match for me as from then it was just Exeter powering past Quins in the last quarter, literally.

Good game and day nethertheless, which the best side won.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:11
Targets for next year?

1. Achieve enough points to avoid relegation.

2. Aim for Top Six so we can attract top players the following season.

3. Have a shot at playoffs at the end of the season.

Do well in Challenge Cup and Anglo-Welsh.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:41
There wont be an Anglo Welsh to do well (or otherwise) in.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:47
Oh I didn't know it was being binned?

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:51
As far as I can see, the A/W cup is still going ahead next season. There may not be one the following season, depending on the RWC. After that, it'll be part of the discussion about the new global calendar, I suspect.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:55
That's what I thought FF.

I imagine it will be in the frame to go if the ringfencing comes in to end up playing same number of games?

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:57
According to TRP, the Welsh regions have pulled out with immediate effect so the Prem teams are looking at some form of, erm, Anglo tournament.

Rocker (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 10:19
If that's the case then they should do a proper A Leauge cup. The LV or whatever it was called was supposed to be for up and coming players. The A Leauge seems to have been severely weakend this season, perhaps it needs a reeason for it's existence.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 11:01
Quote:
Rocker
If that's the case then they should do a proper A Leauge cup. The LV or whatever it was called was supposed to be for up and coming players. The A Leauge seems to have been severely weakend this season, perhaps it needs a reeason for it's existence.

It was frustrating to see teams use starting line ups chocked full of experienced internationals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net