rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Today's match - Travel
Rocker (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 20:58
Utter chaos!
Trains utterly rammed. Can't get anywhere without massive queus. Never again souks we pay a home game on the day of a big game over the road.

Re: Today's match - Travel
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 21:08
I'd agree with that. Even my trick of getting the train up to Richmond, switching platforms & the train back out to Reading took far longer than normal International days. The only way it could work is if we had the earlier kick-off. We'd then have the chance to clear through the station normally before the throng from across the road get let out.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 21:54
Quote:
Rocker

Utter chaos!
Never again souks

Did I say that you could call me souks?

Hellequin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 22:21
Over 45 minute wait for a bus as well from South of the Stoop to Hounslow, absolute shambles from the RFU and TFL to have 2 events with a reduced capacity for public transport.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 22:22
the state of Twickenham station does not help it's a nightmare currently.

BlueCap (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 23:31
We drive from Guildford as we have a 2 1/2 year old son.

Left Guildford 2:00 pm.

Parked on Mereway 2:45.

Found Twickenham Fine Ales for a beer Ďní burger (Stormageddon had a bap and a smoothie).

Left ground at final whistle.

Back in Guildford 6:40.

What problems?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 05:31
Quote:
BlueCap

Found Twickenham Fine Ales for a beer Ďní burger (Stormageddon had a bap and a smoothie).

What problems?

Roads were empty and parking fine - army crowd all come by train hence town centre and station chaos

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 05:47
I drove to Staines and took the train to/from Whitton. Less busy than for The Big Game.

Great rendition of American Pie by someone on the platform on the way home.

06 May, 2018 07:35
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
BlueCap

What problems?

Roads were empty and parking fine - army crowd all come by train hence town centre and station chaos

Well bully for you and those who have options like that. For a lot of us we have no real option but to use public transport. As Dazza has pointed out, the current building site that is the station, combined with a crowd larger than a normal international game on a Bank Holiday weekend when the rail system is affected by engineering works is a recipe for chaos that could, nay should have been avoided.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 07:53
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
BlueCap

What problems?

Well bully for you and those who have options like that. For a lot of us we have no real option but to use public transport. As Dazza has pointed out, the current building site that is the station, combined with a crowd larger than a normal international game on a Bank Holiday weekend when the rail system is affected by engineering works is a recipe for chaos that could, nay should have been avoided.

Iím assuming bully for you is directed at someone else.

Anyway - it was ridiculous and entirely thanks to the RFU. They only care about money.

Wait till you see the prices for the autumn international against the ABs.

06 May, 2018 08:12
Sorry Blucher, I mis-read your comment (too early, not enough coffee!).

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 08:28
No worries

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 08:35
Quote:
blucherquin

Wait till you see the prices for the autumn international against the ABs.

May I offer you some advice?

Don't buy any tickets!

Rocker (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 08:58
10,000 of us can't Park in the local streets! They just shouldn't have us playing at the same time as over the road I thought it was a "rule" anyway.

Sketchley (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 09:05
No issue here. We got 14:49 New Malden to Twickenham mostly empty, then after games walked to Strawberry Hill and got train back about 18:10 with no issues, again mostly empty.

Rocker (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 09:11
Our journey wasnt helped by South West Railway being rubbish. Our connecting train from Clapham Junction to Portsmouth Harbour was 43 minutes late. Stuck on a very busy platform with scores of drunk army/navy supporters.

Monte (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 11:44
Traffic was even less than the Bath match as the Forces all use train and coaches. But it meant we only got to Stoop an hour prior instead of Usual time. We have no choice with A and N and have done it before but the Bath match was just totally unnecessary.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 12:52
Quote:
Sketchley
No issue here. We got 14:49 New Malden to Twickenham mostly empty, then after games walked to Strawberry Hill and got train back about 18:10 with no issues, again mostly empty.

I find it rather surprising that more people don't do this sort of thing.

06 May, 2018 13:22
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Sketchley

I find it rather surprising that more people don't do this sort of thing.

Probably because it would make no difference? Not everyone is coming from a 10 mile radius...

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 13:38
More people, not specifically you! He mentioned the train was mostly empty.

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 13:57
My bike ride from Surbiton was largely unaffected you'll be pleased to hear.

They had Oakham Citra on at the Sussex after the game as well for added awesomeness.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 14:01
I got the same route to Twickenham as skethley but going back we jumped on the 33 to teddington then got the 281 back to kingston for dinner. think we just made it before army and navy lot poured into the town

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 15:27
I was at the army v navy game. A handful of people went across to the Stoop after, hoping to get in after the game to cheer the players. Stewards wouldn't allow anyone in, even as plenty were leaving. Not even to go into the shop. Seemed a bit strange really. I'm not talking about a huge crowd, it was maybe 6 people.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 17:17
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I was at the army v navy game. A handful of people went across to the Stoop after, hoping to get in after the game to cheer the players. Stewards wouldn't allow anyone in, even as plenty were leaving. Not even to go into the shop. Seemed a bit strange really. I'm not talking about a huge crowd, it was maybe 6 people.

Iím not surprised and Iím pleased they didnít let people in. The only reason Army v Navy is still going is because of the rules on pubs closing and getting everyone out of Twickenham before they destroy it or defecate over it like they used to do routinely.

Letting them into the bars at the stoop would be a very bad idea.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 19:14
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Iím not surprised and Iím pleased they didnít let people in. The only reason Army v Navy is still going is because of the rules on pubs closing and getting everyone out of Twickenham before they destroy it or defecate over it like they used to do routinely.

I promise I wouldn't defecate over anyone or anything Blucher.

I think you miss the point - half a dozen people asking if they can go through the gates after the final whistle (all seemed sober enough and polite by the way), whilst many people were already leaving the ground, would hardly cause mayhem methinks. One person even wanted to just go to the club shop! It seemed a bit harsh, but then I guess being there is different to hearing about it on CAW.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 23:54
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin

I think you miss the point - half a dozen people asking if they can go through the gates after the final whistle (all seemed sober enough and polite by the way), whilst many people were already leaving the ground, would hardly cause mayhem methinks. One person even wanted to just go to the club shop! It seemed a bit harsh, but then I guess being there is different to hearing about it on CAW.

No sure - but they canít let you in because youíre not a knob and then bar others because they are

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 09:08
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin

No sure - but they canít let you in because youíre not a knob and then bar others because they are

That's fair enough. Had it been a rowdy bunch, or even someone demonstrably drunk, it would be understandable. But a half dozen, polite fans, seemed a bit unreasonable. Still, rules are rules.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 08:34
Laws!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 10:22
If youíd been at the Quins game QK, they would have let you in!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net