rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

According to TRP......
Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2018 23:50
Neil Fissler believes Quins are holding interviews for a 'General Manager' and a 'Head Coach'.

He has been told by an unnamed source that six people have been seen - three for the General Manager role - names in the frame include Nick Kennedy (ex. London Irish) and Ben Ryan (of Fiji 7s Olympic fame), who also happens to live in Twickenham.

An announcement is due in the next couple of weeks but Stuart Lancaster is not believed to be on the list - even if Quins appear to be going for the Leinster management model. Thoughts of Wayne Smith and the world search might be a bit optimistic with such [proven?] talent available on the doorstep.

Other non-news from Mr Fissler is that James Haskell will not be heading to the Stoop next season, despite social media speculation.

Re: According to TRP......
plzd (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 00:05
Kennedy that will be OK then lol but a typical quins appointment sadly

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 08:11
Kennedy - Hardly the experienced big name some posters have called for. Also unlikely to bring a big change in the coaches also suggested.

He is another name too close to the players and therefore won’t change the “culture of cosines”

Yareet (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 08:44
Quote:
Kent Fan

He is another name too close to the players and therefore won’t change the “culture of cosines”

Why do people always take these threads off on tangents.

Sorry DOK. Early punning but that one was too obvious to ignore.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 08:55
A full worldwide search for the best DOR with the best CV available finds.... Nick Kennedy. Really dont think so!

DruidsLodge (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 09:09
Worldwide searches seem to be done using an oyster card.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 09:16
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
Kent Fan

Why do people always take these threads off on tangents.

Sorry DOK. Early punning but that one was too obvious to ignore.

The sines are there for all to see.

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 11:04
Quote:
DruidsLodge

Superb Druid, superb!

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 11:32
Does anyone know what the difference in role is between a 'General Manager' and a 'DoR'?

Sounds like someone who makes sure the kit is ready for Saturday and the go-faster fluorescent orange strips are painted on the boots.

In which case, what's the difference between 'General Manager' and 'CEO' - once ordering the paper clips comes out of the equation? Maybe Ellis is on his way too?

Seriously, if Kennedy and Ryan have been interviewed it shows a complete misunderstanding of the club's demise and the need to appoint an experienced new senior coaching team with the authority to impose their will on a squad who have lost direction and discipline.

All players not willing to buy-in pre-season should be offered the 'Marland Yarde' alternative. Some egos need to be deflated.

Camquin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 12:16
CEO runs the stadium and the long term development plans off pitch.
General Manager line manages the coaching staff and ensure all jobs are done.
Head Coach actually takes coaching sessions.

Bossman99 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 12:31
Fissler is wrong far more often than he is right, he is just a master at trumpeting the occasional hits and brushing the misses under the carpet, or blaming someone else for his errors.

That said, Ryan and Kennedy are both local and available, Kennedy has history with the club, they were easy and quick names for anyone with half a brain to put on an imagined shortlist. Both would fit a long-term strategy of trying to develop young English talent as they each seem to embody that philosophy. I wouldn’t mind seeing both of them involved in a new Quins brains trust BUT with someone far more experienced overseeing and mentoring them. Believe me, Wayne Smith is the number one choice of the search party - however, he does not want a full-time day to day role. Alongside his consultancy for Italy, he could do something similar for Quins - set the template and the standards, let Kennedy and Ryan handle the details. Similar to what Brendan Venter was doing at London Irish (hell, Venter could even be an alternate for the role, he knows Kennedy well and has a very impressive CV).

DazzaS (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 13:52
If this is the case then the worldwide search and money is no object promise that CEO promised on Tuesday is once again BS and screams cheap again.

Looking at our current coaches it felt like JK was limited to what coaches he could bring in and was limited to Rowntree. Have 2 inexperienced coaches in Snapper and Minty in charge of attack and defence and only just retired so players knew them too much.

Be interesting if new "general manager" will get freedom of appointing his own coaches. I fear they wont and will be left with current crop, I am all for english coaches to get experience but surely having Premiership as your first full time coaching job is either too big a jump or need to go to another club they have not played with. Maybe even cut their experience in championship first.

Way CEO talked of having sponsors, full stadium etc shows that as long as money is coming in they are not too fussed where we finish as long as it's Premiership.

But if we stay in doldrums of lower half of table, supporters will not stay, sponsors will leave and will struggle to attract players once our current crop leave.

Our big players are not young anymore either. Yes they are bankable and marketable but at this rate they will be going on the pitch with their colostomy bags!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 15:04 by DazzaS.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 14:02
Quote:
Banstead Quin
Quote:
DruidsLodge

Superb Druid, superb!

But absolute nonsense of course.

Nobody uses Oyster any more.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 14:36
I'll be very underwhelmed if Kennedy and Ryan are the chosen ones.

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 15:22
Me too 😣

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 16:47
Quote:
Bossman99
Similar to what Brendan Venter was doing at London Irish (hell, Venter could even be an alternate for the role, he knows Kennedy well and has a very impressive CV).

That's an absolute No from me, I'd not want anyone involved in the way Salarycens ran the club while Ventnor was there

West Stand, Block FD, Row S (if renewed)
@JT075 #COYQ

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 17:55
If Kennedy ends up as Head Coach I'm going to try and get a refund on my season ticket.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 18:01
Quote:
ArchQuin
Me too 😣

What does 'ampersand hash 128547 semi colon' mean?

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 18:08
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
ArchQuin
Me too 😣

What does 'ampersand hash 128547 semi colon' mean?

Persevering face emoji. Not supported on this site. My guess is people are choosing emojis from their device and not from the list on here.

BB

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 18:40
You can make it up yourself !!!

plzd (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 19:42
If that's the best option then I will not be renewing my st

Robertquin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 20:50
When we signed Nick Evans I thought "wow". I'm hoping our new head honcho will inspire a similar reaction.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 21:19
Listenin* to Kennedy on Brian Moore’s podcast and he made some interesting comments about how the position of DOR has changed so much, with so much time now be8 g taken up with day to day running, dealing with agents,etc and said if you look at Wasps and how they run operation the position really needs two people
And listening to him I’ve gotta say he talks a good talk think him and Ryan could be interesting, wouldn’t be my first choice, but not the end of the day either

Scamble (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 22:13
Torygraph confirms Lancaster is out (or, rather, Lancaster confirms Lancaster is out)

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 00:18
Ecky-thump!!

Neil Fissler gets it right before Lancaster goes public.

Bring in arniepie's mate of a married mate's best friend at the Stoop for a genuine authoritative opinion on what someone might have overheard Lancaster actually say about joining Quins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2018 00:40 by Quaking Quin.

DruidsLodge (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 01:49
this would be Torygraph that "exclusively" revealed Roberts on lions tour and Jackson to Sale ?

brings back memories of "WW2 bomber found on moon"

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 12:14
The Times today mentions that Bomber is out of the equation and that Ryan is very much in.

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 12:24
I'm not sure how I feel about Ben Ryan as our DoR. Sure, he has been very successful with Fiji 7s, but that's a very different proposition to steering a Premiership side to enduring success.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:31
What is wrong with these people!?

DOK (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:41
My feelings exactly, RR. We're in deep doodoo, and we need someone who will definitely keep us from being relegated and hopefully get a top six finish. Note the word "definitely". Nick Kennedy and Ben Ryan are "may be able to" people, and that's not good enough.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:58
Obviously it's all rumours and press nonsense at this stage, but let's hope that it isn't too accurate as if so it all sounds very slapdash at best.

When JK left I had some optimism that we were really going to show some ambition and bring in a really good coach/DOR.

That optimism ebbs away a little bit every day at the moment.

D-Quins (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 14:05
I have no issue with Ryan as head coach, but sorry as DOR/Manager not Mr K, needs more experience elsewhere first

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net