rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Lancaster?
Stoquin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:13
See he has ruled himself out of the Quins job in todays Guardian on line.

which I think we all, sort of knew, but generally good news as I don't think we wanted him - depending of course who we do get

Re: Lancaster?
GP2110 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:17
He would have been my first choice - if the rumours are true that we want a hands-on coach type DoR.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 13:44
He'd be fine as a head coach, probably. Not as DoR.

Thing is, I can be picky about this and express my lack of enthusiasm for him getting the top job, but now he's turned it down and we're talking about weird options like Ben Ryan or Nick Kennedy, I'm not any happier!

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 14:01
Yeah being pleased or not about it not being Lancaster completely depends on who we do end up appointing.

At the moment it doesn't feel like we're leaving Lancaster alone because we have better irons in the fire, but I hope I'm wrong.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 14:05
I recall rumours that the Quins' England players were none too keen when his name was being bandied about when COS left .. so perhaps too many bridges needed building with the current group .. maybe one for the future .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2018 14:06 by ChipsteadQuin.

Cookie (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 14:38
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
I recall rumours that the Quins' England players were none too keen when his name was being bandied about when COS left .. so perhaps too many bridges needed building with the current group .. maybe one for the future .

There are very, very few players who could in any way say ĎIím not playing for himí. Probably only Marcus and Robbo. The rest should fall in line with whatever we decide.

And if we want a hands-on Senior HC, Lancaster would have been perfect. When someone like Heaslip says heís up there with Schmidt as the best ever, Iíll put that over anyoneís amateur harbouring of a grudge re: RWC2015 (or a professional one for that matter).

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 14:54
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

There are very, very few players who could in any way say ĎIím not playing for himí. Probably only Marcus and Robbo. The rest should fall in line with whatever we decide.

And if we want a hands-on Senior HC, Lancaster would have been perfect. When someone like Heaslip says heís up there with Schmidt as the best ever, Iíll put that over anyoneís amateur harbouring of a grudge re: RWC2015 (or a professional one for that matter).

I agree Lancaster would be a good choice , and likewise most would get on board , I was actually thinking it may have been in the back of Lancaster's mind , not the players.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:00
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

Up there with Schmidt as being one of the best coaches Heaslip has worked under, which is far from being the best ever. It's still pretty high praise, but that sort of gushing is precisely the sort of thing you liked to ignore when it comes to Quins players talking about much maligned coaches, so bag of salt and all that.

But hey, it's a role where the tough decisions get made by someone else, unlike the England job and unlike the Quins job.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 15:22
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

The way some of the players have 'performed' this year, I'd actively look for someone they dislike. Maybe it'll get them out of their comfort zone for the first time in 6 years.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 16:04
I think that's a fine idea.

Being in charge is way out of Stu's comfort zone, mind...

kevin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:15
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
Nick Easter springs to mind as possibly being "none too keen" on Lancaster. Wonder why?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net