rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Charlie Matthews
malco (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 12:16
What is his contract status? Is there any chance or likelihood he could be heading off elsewhere?

Re: Charlie Matthews
WellingQuin (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 12:18
Might be wrong but I thought he was linked with Wasps. Definitely leaving us though.

Cookie (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 12:22
I thought it was Northampton. But nothing official, which is surprising as I'm sure someone will pick him up and surprised it hasn't been done yet.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 12:24
Wasps are announcing their incomings in the next few days. 5 today

malco (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 12:42
Think he might be joining us in Bath.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 13:40
I thought that there was a post a few months ago stating that he was off to Wasps but pehaps it was another story from "rumour control".

Cairns Family (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 17:21
When I spoke to his dad on the last day of the season,he said Wasps

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 09:25
Officially confirmed he's going to Wasps.

Samquin (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 09:34

CPB62 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 09:55
lets hope he is in there starting XV as it will show they are weaker !

14 May, 2018 10:00
Article Says "untapped potential"

Hes certainly got loads of that......

14 May, 2018 10:16
Quote:
Quins brixton branch

Which of course has been the problem, it will be interesting to see if different coaches can unlock it or is it really all down to him and his attitude?

BuckQuin (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 10:32
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
Quins brixton branch

Which of course has been the problem, it will be interesting to see if different coaches can unlock it or is it really all down to him and his attitude?

I've always thought it's more down to his genetic makeup. He's gangly and his centre of gravity is high. Great for the lineout, not very handy for much else. I really feel it's as simple as that.

14 May, 2018 10:35
Quote:
BuckQuin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
Quins brixton branch

I've always thought it's more down to his genetic makeup. He's gangly and his centre of gravity is high. Great for the lineout, not very handy for much else. I really feel it's as simple as that.

I suspect you are correct.

Rocker (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 11:38
If you look at the state of him after a match it isn't for want of effort. He gives everything he has, but I think he's just limited by his body type as being a line out forward primarily.

Stoquin (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 12:06
I see in the BBC article that Dai Young says that Matt Symonds is leaving and CM is a replacement but he doesn't say were Symonds is going. I guess he is waiting for Quins to make announcement but I guess we have bigger fish to fry at present

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 13:11
Quote:
Rocker
If you look at the state of him after a match it isn't for want of effort. He gives everything he has, but I think he's just limited by his body type as being a line out forward primarily.

I think in the right pairing he will do really well.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 15:20
Will certainly be interesting to see if he steps up in a new coaching system.

I haven't seen any development in Matthews' game in the last couple of years, but it's always hard to know if that's because he's reached his level, or because he's being coached badly.

Good luck to him either way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net