Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Healey: England Players Selfish
DOK (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 22:01

Re: Healey: England Players Selfish
Kent Fan (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 07:07
Austin is perhaps a prime example of self belief and self promotion. However the coaches skill is to blend a team into a strong unit.....look at Sarries and Exeter a mix of internationals and good young squad players.

Internationally is a finer balance as the coach has to ensure a variety of players are included in squads to prevent the impression that positions arenít conceived as blocked by out of form incumbents but on the flip side are not continually changed damaging partnerships.

When you look at serial high performers at club level like Jackson Wray or Don Armand who rarely or never get into the playing squads that shows their clubs are rewarding them plus they have a strong team ethic.

I remember when Steve White Cooper called it a day as it seemed the slog of club rugby wasnít going to get him into the main England team. Other factors obviously were considered but itís a dream for most players at their start of their careers and to get close but be blocked must be a demotivator.

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 13:29
I agree with Austin and the article, the biggest problem for me with Eddie Jones is sticking with players who have not performed at all just because they are experienced. Experience is good and important but only if the players are playing well and to me, there has not been meritocracy to his squad selections and team selections for a while

quinsfan123 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 21:01
Austin Healey is spot on there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net