rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Cipriani
Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 08:12
Ive not seen where hes off to, but now hes been selected for Eng tour to SA, hes likely to stay in England. Apparently were still to name 2 major signings. I think hed be a good addition to our team, thin Smith could learn so much from him. Wed have to off load someone and tbh i would not be bothered if Swiel or Cat made way for him to come in.

Re: Cipriani
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 08:44
With Smith, Cat and Lang (plus Swiel as 4th choice) i cant see it. I would guess the only way Cat would leave would be due to his injuries but personally I hope he stays and gets a chance to show what a good player he is.

I thought the lastest was Cipriani to Gloucs

DOK. (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 09:47
Well he was rumoured to be coming to us until COS left, so presumably happy to play for Quins in the right set up. However we then bought the Cat, Smith came to prominence.

His problem has been hanging around waiting to see if Eddie Jones wants him. It knackered all negotiations because he wasn't sure if off to France or not. And he's presumably a chunk of anyone's salary cap to be deciding to spend now.

TheSouthfields2 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 12:45
I think with Cat and Smith we have that covered. Watching the Euro finals it's clear that it's our back row that needs looking at, including locks.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 12:59
If he does get on Eddies RWC squad list Im sure hed take a salary drop to stay in UK and playing. Not convinced Reece Priestland is good enough at Bath, maybe a gap there.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 13:12
This "two major signings" thing keeps cropping up - but it was made up by someone on here wasn't it?

We don't have a DoR, we won't be signing anyone.

Samquin (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 15:33
Sounds like Gloucester are after Cipriani

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

DOK. (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 16:10
I have the impression David Ellis told us there was no-one else coming.

kevin (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 20:57
Wanted him here years ago. 😏

Mayor West (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 07:11
If we have no one else coming then we have a very small squad. How are we ever going to deal with all the injuries now?

Elecquin (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 07:40
Now confirmed as signed for Glaws

blucherquin (IP Logged)
14 May, 2018 09:05
Quote:
kevin
Wanted him here years ago. 😏

Years ago fine - now, no point. One season left, expensive, and were stocked fine at 10.

Cookie (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 09:02
His non-signing was part of the COS malaise when he announced he was leaving and we dithered on naming a replacement. That season couldnt have been dramatically improved if hed come then, not least the Challenge Cup Final!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net