Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Care to fight for England spot after omission gave 'kick up the backside'
akb1 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 13:40

Re: Care to fight for England spot after omission gave 'kick up the backside'
blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 14:48
Oh so it’s almost like it isn’t a “rest”....some people on here are going to be very upset, they were so definfite it was just a “rest”.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 15:45
I thought the rest thing came from the England camp?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 16:08
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

It did - but he’s been dropped - but there was a discussion suggesting his place was fine and it was a “rest” like England said.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:16
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

It did - but he’s been dropped - but there was a discussion suggesting his place was fine and it was a “rest” like England said.

What discussion?, "He said 'look I'm going to give you a rest this summer, I think it will be the best thing for you'," Care explained.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 19:28
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

What discussion?, "He said 'look I'm going to give you a rest this summer, I think it will be the best thing for you'," Care explained.

This is getting very meta.

There was a discussion on this board about it.

And listen to the podcast where this line comes from - DC says he’s going to fight to get his place back. So he doesn’t think he’s resting either - he thinks he’s been dropped

And that’s what we were discussing.

But now we’ve heard directly from Care who - over the course of a long conversation - makes it very clear he’s disappointed and wants to prove he’s good enough to get picked again.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 22:50
Some people were suggesting he won't play for England again because he's not going on this tour. Nothing he said on the pod backs that up.

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 22:59
And here's the thread: [www.rugbynetwork.net]

You're welcome ;-)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 08:31
Good to have a reminder, and see the “nailed on” and “not dropped” comments about care which is what I was talking about.

Blimey. We all thought “rest” stupid - now a few days later DC has said very clearly he’s going to have to fight to get his shirt back.

Anyway, if you listen to what he says and disagree it just does to show how words can have two meanings.....

There’s a lady who knows that.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 09:53
Bustle in your hedgrerow BQ?

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 10:00
I agree with Blucher and I said on that thread that he posted that Care had been dropped and would have to get his place back. A few people said he is on the plane to the world cup in 2019 already which is crazy to me.

Care still has a good chance to make the world cup and be number 2 behind Youngs in the world cup but, that is no longer a guarantee as it should not be. He has to play well next season to get into the world cup squad as it should be

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 10:09
Can I just say - it’s not me saying it - the point is it’s what Danny said.

16 May, 2018 11:52
Danny has said that Eddie told him he needs a break and is rested. It's no surprise at all for Danny to use this as a gee-up.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:36
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Danny has said that Eddie told him he needs a break and is rested. It's no surprise at all for Danny to use this as a gee-up.

This could go on forever.

I’m not surprised. Care has been dropped. He thinks he’s dropped, and it’s very clear that “rest” is the way Jones chose to phrase it. Over the course of the pod, DC says he’s very disappointed, wants to win his shirt back and will fight hard to get back into the squad for the autumn.

It clears up a chat about what it meant and if he would automatically be back in the autumn.

Or it doesn’t and he needs a rest and what he says about it is irrelevant.

16 May, 2018 13:03
Quinten, it is very clear that he was dropped and not rested and Blucher to me is right. It is very clear that the player himself thinks that if you listen to the podcast. As i said at the time, it makes no sense to say that a player who did not even play for the lions is being "rested" while lions players are going on the tour. If anyone needs a rest, it is the lions players and the forwards in particular and it is clear that Eddie wants to look at other options and if they go well and Danny does not step his game up, his place in the squad is in trouble and clearly he knows that

T-Bone (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:13
This is really tedious.

GP2110 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:15
It's tedious because of the denials. Plainly, he has been dropped. By Care's own admission has has been told to rest up for the summer and come back firing on all cylinders next season if he wants to get his place back.

16 May, 2018 13:32
It seems to me he's been dropped in a similar way that injured players are dropped, as opposed to say the last time Luther Burrell was dropped. I'm pretty sure if Eddie wanted to drop him in the sense some are suggesting then he would have told him he was dropped, and would have told him specifics of why and what he wanted him to work on.

I didn't listen to the podcast, only read quotes from it. Did Care share any specifics of his game that he needed to work on?

The Lions players thing is irrelevant. Players can be rested for different reasons.

I have zero doubt that Eddie considers Care a better player and more suited to England than Spencer.

16 May, 2018 13:38
That is a very big leap to make Quinten seeing as you have not really listened to the podcast. As of today, the middle of may, Care is a better player for England than Spencer or Robson, that is because they have not played for England, that does not mean that they won't be seen as better at the end of June.

To stop repeating the same thing over and over again as it seems like some people don't think certain players can be dropped, no Care was not dropped like Burrell and no one is saying he might never play again for England but Eddie Jones told him that his form especially during the run to the end of the season and it is clear in Danny Care's mind that he has to play well next season especially to start the season to get back in the England squad. Youngs is clearly the starter and if Robson who has been much better than Care this season or Spencer plays well in SA and they play better to start the season, they very easily could take Care's spot on the bench in the autumn, it seems like that reality is hard for some people to understand

16 May, 2018 13:47
There's no way Robson was better than Care prior to the turn of the calendar year! Sure, Care has not been playing particularly well in a side that has become the worst in the league, but club form is not something that fans and Eddie Jones see eye to eye on. Plus fans always seem to think club form is the No.1 factor in dropping out and bringing in players in an international team, when coaches clearly don't think the same way.

As for reality - you obviously find it impossible to understand that Eddie Jones says Care is rested and Care feels like he's been dropped. Why is that?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:12
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
It seems to me he's been dropped in a similar way that injured players are dropped, as opposed to say the last time Luther Burrell was dropped. I'm pretty sure if Eddie wanted to drop him in the sense some are suggesting then he would have told him he was dropped, and would have told him specifics of why and what he wanted him to work on.
I didn't listen to the podcast, only read quotes from it. Did Care share any specifics of his game that he needed to work on?

The Lions players thing is irrelevant. Players can be rested for different reasons.

I have zero doubt that Eddie considers Care a better player and more suited to England than Spencer.

Sorry but that isn’t right. If you listen you’ll hear him talk in the way someone talks if they know they have to fight to get their place back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2018 14:50 by blucherquin.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:13
Quote:
GP2110
It's tedious because of the denials. Plainly, he has been dropped. By Care's own admission has has been told to rest up for the summer and come back firing on all cylinders next season if he wants to get his place back.

This - 100% this. And “if” is the key.

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:25
Well I, for one, haven't listened to the podcast, nor have I spoken to Danny Care, but I think he's handed in his notice by mutual agreement.

(Am I doing it right?)

Boonie (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:33
Blimey...is the off-season going to be like this all the way through? Roll on September in that case...!!

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:50
Quote:
InsertQuinsPunHere
Well I, for one, haven't listened to the podcast, nor have I spoken to Danny Care, but I think he's handed in his notice by mutual agreement.
(Am I doing it right?)

Nailed it.

16 May, 2018 15:46
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

Sorry but that isn’t right. If you listen you’ll hear him talk in the way someone talks if they know they have to fight to get their place back.

Of course he'll have to fight/play well to be selected next time.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 22:17
Let’s face it Danny isn’t seen as a starter in most of the international games. IMHO Robson is similar in style to Danny. Ben Spencer has been a finisher at Sarries to both De Kock and Wigglesworth but the latter days are coming to an end.

All the 9s including Young’s will have to earn their places next season and frankly Danny is just as likely to miss out as anyone.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 10:14
Agreed. Danny will be one of a group fighting for the berth's in the matchday squad which is exactly as it should be.

Also, EJ may have recognised that Care has been affected by all the turbulence at his own club and is simply man managing, exactly as he should.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net