Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Gustard to be confirmed in next 24 hrs says SSN
Sketchley (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 19:33

Re: Gustard to be confirmed in next 24 hrs says SSN
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 19:30
Not ideal that he will miss the first 2 weeks of pre-season, although I guess that will pretty much be all fitness work.

Sketchley (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 19:44
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Not ideal that he will miss the first 2 weeks of pre-season, although I guess that will pretty much be all fitness work.

Agreed not ideal. Gustard must go! smiling smiley

thomh (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 19:51
Remarkable coup if confirmed.

His role is being called “head coach” everywhere this is reported which would back up the stories about having a GM / head coach double act. Hopefully his remit allows him to spend as much time as possible actually coaching rather than doing admin.

Quins4life (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 20:04
Just been announced the official announcement due tomorrow. Hopefully this is the start of a bright future for our club!!

[twitter.com]

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 20:07
This is precisely the set up outlined by David Ellis during his talk so no surprise at all. It is going to be very interesting to see how many of the current coaching team remain.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 20:25
The Torygraph is backing up SSN. I'll wait til the official announcement before believing it...

CPB62 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 21:15
A huge gamble not proven as a number 1, has potential but could be a disaster only time will tell

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 21:17
I find it hard to believe he could be a disaster, but yes, it's a risk. I would have preferred someone with head coach experience. However, he could turn out to be a fantastic appointment.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 05:55
Just the shake up the club needs. An innovative coach that will hopefully inspire what is a talented but previously miss firing squad.

Dont expect an immediate step change but I hope defence will improve sooner rather than later.

harlequinade (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 06:48
BBC TOO!!

Wonder how much compo we had to pay the RFU?

Anyway it was worth it however much it was.

Inspired signing!

He will be the next England Coach, after Eddies successor, is my bet.

You can have anything in life, if you will sacrifice everything else for it

Stoquin (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 06:55
excellent very exciting great news, long wait for season to start

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 06:56
Excellent. But does he get to bring in his own team or do the elephants remain in the room?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 07:17
Quote:
Fearless Fred
The Torygraph is backing up SSN. I'll wait til the official announcement before believing it...

Actually SSN just piggy backed everyone else who actually had the story, specifically Telegraph and Chris Jones at BBC.

But either way its true and will be announced by the club today.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 07:22
TRP reported that Mike Ford showed last minute interest also.

21 May, 2018 07:48
I believe the Times piece estimates it cost us 100k to buy out the rest of Gustard's contract. Ryan supposedly expressed interest in both roles, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see the pair of them announced.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 08:04
Quote:
HonkyTonk
TRP reported that Mike Ford showed last minute interest also.

This is a positive thread thank you very much

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

poorfour (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 08:14
A Ryan / Gustard combination would give the right mix of experience, I think. Ryan has managed two international 7s teams to great effect and Gustard has been part of very successful setups at both club and international level.

Makes me worry a bit about England, though. I wonder if Eddie has a coaching shake-up planned, or if he's just burned out another relationship.

ironquin1886 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 08:17
Has anyone who decided not to renew their season ticket, now having a change of mind with Gustard taking charge?

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 08:20
I'm definitely not wasting valuable time by sitting on the internet clicking refresh whilst waiting for the announcements... No, I'm working hard.

I think Gustard would be a great coup, and paired with Ryan would be great... I agree about the worry for England though. As a fan of Quins and England, it's a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 08:21
Quote:
InsertQuinsPunHere
I'm definitely not wasting valuable time by sitting on the internet clicking refresh whilst waiting for the announcements... No, I'm working hard.
I think Gustard would be a great coup, and paired with Ryan would be great... I agree about the worry for England though. As a fan of Quins and England, it's a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If it helps - the club said afternoon so stand down until 1159.

DOK. (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 08:39
Well, as far as I know it was rugbypass had this news first last week. Correctly predicted the day of announcement.

Sounds like Edwards is no longer in the frame. Saw elsewhere that the new coach has absolute authority to keep/drop the coaching team (which is what David Ellis said).

Could be Ford or Ryan for the manager role. Either could work (or not).

21 May, 2018 08:41
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
InsertQuinsPunHere

If it helps - the club said afternoon so stand down until 1159.

Ah, but did they specify which timezone that was in???(Sm100)

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 08:42
Ford is not good. Ryan is more of an unknown quantity but has been successful at other roles, and seems really keen.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Grins (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 08:49
Wouldn't like Ford. Don't see him being successful elsewhere.

Also, can I just say Gustard must go. We've won nothing since his appointment.

(just wanted to be able to say I was the first to call for his head - I saw it all coming)

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 09:20
Well it’s good to see some positive comments on here for a change. Could be the start of a great period for a perspective quality coach or a gamble too early on in his coaching career but that’s the fun of it for me.

DOR/General Manager is key as well for me as the link as long as they don’t lock horns too often and turn it into a power struggle.

Now a couple of signings to boost the feel good and it’s starting to look a bit brighter.

Something great is building at.........(sorry, couldn’t resist)

Tarquin (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 09:39
Haven't posted on this site for ages due to my lack of interest in the club over the years. Waiting with a massive smile for the announcement this afternoon. Nice one David Ellis!

GerryK (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 11:55
As a Sarries fan, I would regret the appointment of Gustard by Quins. he was superb for us during his time, created the Wolfpack defence system and all round good guy.
You would certainly benefit by having his expertise in the role of head coach- leaving someone else to do all the admin activiy

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 13:11
We're going to have a growly Harley Bear defence!

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net