rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

First game of next season, who starts?
Quins4life (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 17:54
Now finally feel like I can look forward to the start of next season. I was wondering what people think will be our best team going into next season. Not sure who else we could be getting in, only rumour left seems to be Symons. This would be my team right now:

1) Marler- will be pushed by Auterac and Boyce
2) Elia Elia
3) Sinckler
4) Horwill
5) Merrick (Symons- if coming in and can stay fit!!!)
6) Bothma- think Gustard will really bring the best out of him like he did with Burger
7) Robshaw
8) Chisholm (if fit- we never got an update at the end of the season)

9) Care
10) Catrakillis- reckon we'll see less of Smith starting next year just to protect him. Using him more as an impact player.
11) Visser
12) Saili
13) Marchant
14) Earle- Walker didn't look the same after Yarde left, he needs the competition i think to push him on
15) Brown

16) Buchanan- his style could thrive under Gustard
17) Boyce/ Auterac
18) Collier
19) South
20) Clifford/Luamanu/Wallace
21) Mulchrone
22) Smith
23) Tapuai/Alofa/Chisholm

We desperate need another 2nd row and a backrow i feel, too many are injury prone. But very excited to see what Gustard can do with this team!!

Re: First game of next season, who starts?
Tarquin (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 20:11
Sorry but donít understand why you feel PG etal should hold onto to Sinkler, Brown, Robshaw, Care, Marler. Big names, is that your reason? Why not rid of the celebrity players that are unavailable during part of the Premiership season. Actually hold on.. they are professional players that need coaching or rather, taught how to play.. right?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 20:15
Quote:
Tarquin
Sorry but donít understand why you feel PG etal should hold onto to Sinkler, Brown, Robshaw, Care, Marler. Big names, is that your reason? Why not rid of the celebrity players that are unavailable during part of the Premiership season. Actually hold on.. they are professional players that need coaching or rather, taught how to play.. right?

Translation?

Tarquin (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 20:26
Easily translated... sack the lot of them and let them reapply for their jobs to PG. Hey, it happens in real life in the job market!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 20:28
Quote:
Tarquin
Easily translated... sack the lot of them and let them reapply for their jobs to PG. Hey, it happens in real life in the job market!

Ok

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 21:37
Quote:
Tarquin

Not if you're any good it doesn't.

BB

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
21 May, 2018 21:55
Those that start the game will be the ones not already injured before the first game starts!

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
22 May, 2018 08:06
Such a bum-mer, man

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 10:28
This is just who I'd personally like to see starting, of course, this depends on fitness/injuries. I'd be very surprised if this is the starting XV for the first game.

1) Marler
2) Elia Elia
3) Sinckler
4) Horwill
5) Symons (if joining, Merrick if not)
6) Robshaw
7) Clifford
8) Bothma

9) Care
10) Catrakillis - Agree with Quins4life, think Smith will be seen as an impact player to bring on (and a great one at that).
11) Visser
12) Saili
13) Marchant
14) walker/Earle - Really don't know who I'd start
15) Brown

16) Buchanan
17) Boyce/Auterac
18) Collier
19) South/Merrick (depending on Symons)
20) Wallace/Chisholm
21) Mulchrone
22) Smith
23) Tapuai/Alofa

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 13:43
Nice to have strength in depth causing uncertainty of selection.

TheSouthfields2 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 13:59
Wallace starts for me and hopefully we get a new Lock over the summer and a centre. Salli is all enthusiasm but little technique, he can't tackle and Bothma has to work on his style or he will be getting a BUPA Gold card!

GP2110 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 14:03
I wouldn't have Wallace in the 23 of a fully fit squad.

For me - back row starters would be Bothma, Robshaw and Chisholm. Bench would be Luamanu and Clifford.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 15:11
Wouldn't have Wallace or Luamanu in a fully fit 23.

Smith definitely ahead of the Cat. While I'm not writing Catrakillis off and accept that he's had a horrific injury followed by an unfortunate one, Smith could be one of the best players of his generation. Catrakillis isn't. Rotation is probably the answer, but just because he's young, no reason why Smith should sit on the bench

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 15:19
Smith needs Margot Wells.

anddon83 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 21:30
Quote:
Scaramouche
Smith needs Margot Wells.

As someone who has been trained by Margot I can endorse this message! Sheís an excellent fitness and speed coach although doesnít always feel like it at the time!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net