rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Postcard??
23 May, 2018 09:29
'This season, we did show what we are capable of and the hard work has already started to ensure we perform more consistently next season'....... Who writes this garbage!!!!????

Re: Postcard??
blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 09:32
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
'This season, we did show what we are capable of and the hard work has already started to ensure we perform more consistently next season'....... Who writes this garbage!!!!????

Huh?

23 May, 2018 09:53
Postcard I received from the club this morning urging me to renew

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 10:27
I got the postcard yesterday. I think the signing of PG is a better inducement to renew than the dodgy content on the card!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 10:30
In terms of "who writes this garbage", the answer is a "marketing executive", which is a job straight out of college and is unlikely to pay more than 16k.

And it's checked by someone at "the top" of comms who also won't have any awareness that no one likes PR speak anymore, because they aren't very good either because it's only premiership rugby and they don't actually spend much on staff despite their ambitions.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 12:06
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

Cannot see much wrong with the statement you have quoted.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 13:46
Yup. I agree. What else can you say that does not sound negative?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 14:02
Some of you guys are a tough crowd.

While i agree the club's comms are not amazing, for a small business they really do ok. As noted above, a lot of the Quins marketing team are graduates or interns. I've met some of them in the Patch after games before. They get paid peanuts and do it as a first job because they play the game and/or like the club!

I think some members of this forum are under the illusion that Quins is a Chelsea football club, Adidas, DHL or some other multinational behemoth with an army of marketers and comms people lazing about on beanbags as they craft beautiful copy for your renewal postcard.

Maybe the communications and website are not up to the standards you see in your relationships with Coutts, Bentley and Selfridges, but you're dealing with a small local business here! Consider that a single large supermarket in SW London will have more turnover (and profit, and people) than the entire Quins operation.
Do you want to spend an extra 50 quid on your membership so they can hire a a better comms team (and a web developer) !? Even though I work in that industry, I don't....

samlee99 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 14:20
Quote:
Dark Pies
Some of you guys are a tough crowd.
While i agree the club's comms are not amazing, for a small business they really do ok. As noted above, a lot of the Quins marketing team are graduates or interns. I've met some of them in the Patch after games before. They get paid peanuts and do it as a first job because they play the game and/or like the club!

I think some members of this forum are under the illusion that Quins is a Chelsea football club, Adidas, DHL or some other multinational behemoth with an army of marketers and comms people lazing about on beanbags as they craft beautiful copy for your renewal postcard.

Maybe the communications and website are not up to the standards you see in your relationships with Coutts, Bentley and Selfridges, but you're dealing with a small local business here! Consider that a single large supermarket in SW London will have more turnover (and profit, and people) than the entire Quins operation.
Do you want to spend an extra 50 quid on your membership so they can hire a a better comms team (and a web developer) !? Even though I work in that industry, I don't....

+1

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 14:27
On the other hand, there are plenty of small tiny businesses who operate a website & communication on a very tight budget, & make a far better job of it than Quins..!!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
23 May, 2018 14:42
Quote:
QuinAlan
On the other hand, there are plenty of small tiny businesses who operate a website & communication on a very tight budget, & make a far better job of it than Quins..!!

Exactly. Classic example from yesterday. Quins social media put out an article saying there are 4 Quins in England training squad for BaaBaas game. There were 5 of them. They missed out Sinckler. This is not difficult stuff and plenty of small businesses get this right.

Ellis' stated aim was to be the biggest club in the world. If you allow one side of the club to be half-arsed, that is not going to be an achieveable goal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net