rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

We have a new coach.....catering?
Kent Fan (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 16:33
Any chance of a change in catering outlets?

Re: We have a new coach.....catering?
DOK (IP Logged)
24 May, 2018 22:13
The club posted a sort of Q & A online earlier this week, one of them was

Q. WHY DONíT YOU HAVE MORE HEALTHY, VEGETARIAN OR GLUTEN-FREE OPTIONS?
20TH MAY 2018 (14:32)

A. Over the summer we will be working with our catering partners to further expand our range of food offerings for the 2018/19 season.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 11:55
Quote:
DOK

A. Over the summer we will be working with our catering partners to further expand our range of food offerings for the 2018/19 season.

Isn't this said almost every close season?

DOK (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 12:23
Yup! And usually the next season is better, e.g. Fish and chips. Hopes for vegan, gluten free etc... Would depend on demand making supply of them commercially viable.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:16
Roll up, roll up. Falafel burgers, only £37 a pop.

PQ2 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 10:40
Does anyone else remember the crepes van, and that poor, bored-looking lady inside it?

Now I'm no catering expert & I admit I'm guessing, but I suspect it's no longer there because no-one bought any.

Can't help thinking there's a lesson in there somewhere

samlee99 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 11:26
Quote:
DOK
Yup! And usually the next season is better, e.g. Fish and chips. Hopes for vegan, gluten free etc... Would depend on demand making supply of them commercially viable.

I'm afraid the Jolly Hog disproves the point that the standard improves!

Saintquin (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 13:04
Quote:
DOK

Because unhealthier food mostly taste so much better.(Sm52)

Harlequins, (was once) probably the best rugby club in the world!
(Sm115)(Sm115)(Sm115)

DOK (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 13:21
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
DOK

If you read that as "all food provided by all stalls every year is always better", then yes I am wrong. But you know what I meant and actually, The Jolly Hog has been performing to the same standard for a number of years, including last season. It's horrible but it's consistently horrible.

I've suggested it before, but why not a baked potato stall? Baked spuds are vegan, gluten free and vegetarian. You just have to be careful what you combine them with. But surely there's a tomato/beans type sauce you could whip up (vegetarian chilli?) which meets those criteria? Then the rest of us could have chorizo, chilli, curried chicken .... Mmmmmm.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 14:26
Quote:
DOK
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
DOK

If you read that as "all food provided by all stalls every year is always better", then yes I am wrong. But you know what I meant and actually, The Jolly Hog has been performing to the same standard for a number of years, including last season. It's horrible but it's consistently horrible.

I've suggested it before, but why not a baked potato stall? Baked spuds are vegan, gluten free and vegetarian. You just have to be careful what you combine them with. But surely there's a tomato/beans type sauce you could whip up (vegetarian chilli?) which meets those criteria? Then the rest of us could have chorizo, chilli, curried chicken .... Mmmmmm.

Well I'll agree the Jolly Hog is dreadful but whether it was as dreadful or more dreadful than the season before is open to debate!

Many years ago we did have a baked potato stand didn't we?

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 14:41
I say that the club is slacking until they offer every seat a silver service option of fillet mignon with a sommelier who knows what he's talking about!

DOK (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 15:19
Yeah! There used to be a baked potato stand where the North Stand currently is, near the North East corner. I liked it. I remember some bloke coming and trying to video its operation one night and the operator getting very shirty with him.

Tony Copsey said the caterers claimed they couldn't make money selling baked potatoes. If you can make money selling pies at £6 a throw you can surely make money from baked spuds?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 10:27
Why can't we just have a couple of standard pork roll vans - must tastier than jolly hog and much cheaper. Decent one at twickenham yesterday did a chips and pork combo, excellent.

DOK (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 12:27
AH! The old pork roll van that the Jolly Hog chased away! Yes, I'd have that back in a shot over the Jolly Hog.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 09:41
Olly and his brothers original van was good....freshly cooked roast pork plus decent rolls etc. Like so many catering ideas when it gets scaled up with staff that are not ďfamilyĒ the quality goes to pot and the original concept disappears.

The hog roast seems to have disappeared for pre cooked joints and the rolls seem almost stale.

Sausages are good but seriously over priced.

Would love the guys to go back to the street food approach rather than what they are dishing up now.

They will always sell as majority of crowd use them for convenience

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net