rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Left Wing
ArchQuin (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 11:15
Mike Brown - left wing - (Sm122) - surely someone better?

Re: Left Wing
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 11:21
I really dont see the point. You have Solomona on the bench. You have Yarde, Wade off the top of my head. Didnt like it when Lancaster tried it and dont like it now. I dont think there is any excuse for an International side to play someone out of position like this

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 11:46
Some people can interchange but Mike Brown is a fullback, play him there or give him a rest.

CPB62 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 12:13
I think the word interchange may be key, are they intending to try something quite radical

25 May, 2018 13:06
Bonkers...Jones has lost the plot now.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:17
Literally nobody thinks this is a good idea.

Boonie (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:26
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Literally nobody thinks this is a good idea.

Except Jones...

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:30
Quote:
Eddie Jones
I have a cunning plan...

CPB62 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 13:32
Why judge now wait and see if itís just plain daft or a tactical thing with the back 3 interchanging

Shawshank (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 15:16
Agreed.

Play Daly at 15 in attack and defence - and Brown can switch to 15 for the warm-up and half-time oranges

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 15:45
Just bonkers really. Even if the back 3 have a stormer and Brown scores a hat trick, it’s still bonkers.

We all see Daly as a centre, Jones sees him as a winger/full back whilst our centres struggle.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 16:02
Bizarre. I feel sorry for both Mike and the very good wingers who are not getting a chance.

As for Piers Francis playing....

Given the wuality of the BaaBaas team this might not be the usual walk in the park, depending on how many shandies they have this week

Hellequin (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 20:44
So glad they have brought this fixture back rather than the Wales game. Far cheaper and much better standard of opposition player.

Yareet (IP Logged)
25 May, 2018 20:55
I can see the logic.

Brown has played there before so Iíd hope wonít be too out of his depth.

Meanwhile there has been a clamour for somebody else to get a run at 15. Watson appears to be the first choice option but is out. Daly seems to be the next option.

If he bombs after 10 minutes, Jones can either burn a substitution or just switch players back into their previous positions. Logical thinking for me.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
26 May, 2018 19:22
Isn't it because of the game today containing England wingers and not wanting to call another player in for one game.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 07:45
Didnít Mike ply at 11 against the All Blacks? But agree you would think there might be better options
As Mike has been vice captain on more than one occasion perhaps Eddie wants him on the pitch for leadership qualities as well?
Watched the video clip with Eddie and he seems to believe itís a position Mike can do really well in, suppose we will know later today if heís right

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 15:09
England 5 - BaaBaas 21 - two from Ashton! After 24 minutes!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net