rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

New Back Row???
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 07:21
TRP reports that Gustard wants a big ball carrying back row. A bit late now but some names have been put forward.

Also, Bothma is now back fit as he is playing for Namibia next month

Re: New Back Row???
gbarton24 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 08:57
What are the names mentioned?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 09:43
Didnt actually give any names

mikepw (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 10:11
So baby Chis to 12? Clifford full back? I think we should wait to see what he actually does....

Rocker (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 10:14
I think it's second row where we are short. Back row doesn't look too bad as long as the players cam stay fit. Bit worried about that more than anything else to be honest.

raedarius (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 10:55
Second row - I guess how you feel about the second row depends somewhat on how you feel about Ben Glynn. Clearly he was highly regarded by JK, and sufficiently well-regarded by the squad to be one of the four Players' Player nominees this year, and improved over the course of the year, becoming one of our few line out options, but how will he fit next season under PG?

Horwill - Horwill
Matthews - Symons
Merrick - Merrick
Twomey - Glynn
South - South
Okafor - Dombrandt

Workmanlike but not the envy of other teams.

Scrum half is weakest, for me.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 10:56
Quote:
mikepw
So baby Chis to 12? Clifford full back? I think we should wait to see what he actually does....

Only relaying what was mentioned in TRP

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 11:18
Still baffled as to why we let ofakor go.

The Baptist (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 14:56
Looking at Dombrandt's highlight reel, you could argue his future might lie at no.8.

At 1.93m he might be a tad short for second row at this level, but he's got bulk, power, speed and hands. This is something Luamanu had in spades during his early years, but seems slower and less destructive these days, even though he should be in his prime.

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
27 May, 2018 15:33
If I were him I would focus on defence. Watching England against a scratch(albeit top quality individuals) Baa Baas side, over 50 conceded!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net