rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: U20 World Cup
John Tee (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 19:32
Great game. We come out with a lot of credit.
Another 10 mins and their pack was shot.

I thought we deserved more....even though they ran over our scrum I thought we had the finish.

Not knocked out by the ref...

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 20:19
Disagree on smith - poor decisions and poor kicking - like he was end of season for us.

He needs to learn game management under pressure - which he will and Nev will ready him.

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 21:47
French much more powerful all round, especially at breakdown

DOK (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 21:56
Penalty count somewhat distorted by the scrum penalties, at one point we'd had four scrums, three of which resulted in penalties to France.And as usual, the ref and I disagreed over what constitutes a penalty. But even so, a number of stupid, avoidable penalties.

Think I saw at one point that we'd made 35 tackles to France's 125, but we missed 10 to their 12!

John Tee (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 22:58
Their pack won it. I didn't think they had much else to really worry us considering we we got monstered in the scrum and played off the back foot most of the time.

I thought we had superb energy and negated their Stand out players....apart from the scrum, for the large part.
If we could have dealt with the penalties and kept closer, it might have been different.
I thought we gave our all and had class all round but we come back to the pack again.
If we could nullify their scrum...on that showing we'd beat them 2 times out of 3.

We made mistakes, dropped the ball, gave pens, and got monstered and we still got very close.

We were much the stronger come the final whistle and I think by that time there pack was dying to hear the whistle.
So, I think we can take huge credit from the game.
I thought Curry was immense...and looks a better player than his brother going forward.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net