rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

No Germany trip...
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 09:42
So, EPC Rugby have decided that because the major financial backer of Heidelberg is also the majority shareholder in Stade Francais, the German team (despite having qualified) won't take part in next seasons' Challenge Cup. The 20th team is now TBD. Realistically, I'd say it's either going to be Krasny Yar or Timisoara Saracens, as they were the two losing semi-finalists...

Re: No Germany trip...
Cookie (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 12:31
This would be a bit harsh on Calvisano, who Heidelberg beat in an earlier round and topped their group.

Had a fantastic trip over there a couple seasons ago, so much so that one of our boys met a lovely girl in a bar who now lives with him in Surrey!

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 14:27
I couldn't help thinking that both Calvisano (agree Cookie, was a great trip alas had my wife with me and she wasn't keen on me bringing a local girl home. Women, ha!) and Timisoara would benefit from more support from European rugby and might have been able to compete more if they stayed in the competition rather than spending fortunes on Bilbao when I doubt we'll see a Spanish team in it for a long while.

Shame about Heidelberg. Drive to Reims with an overnight stop and some Champagne then onto Heidelberg the following day. Krasny not quite so appealing!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2018 16:22 by DOK.

Cairns Family (IP Logged)
02 June, 2018 17:16
Timi seems good. Had a great weekend two seasons ago. Heidelberg would have been great. Was there 20+ years ago for a conference. Fly to Frankfurt and train from there. German trains are suberb. Not so keen on a Russian trip ,but could be a lifetime experience.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 09:20
Timasoara Saracens are confirmed as the 20th team in the Challenge Cup in this release.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net