rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Big Game 11 - Sat Dec 29
blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 14:02
Pretty obvious really but date for diaries from the RFU.

Re: Big Game 11 - Sat Dec 29
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 14:03
Sounds good to me!

Yareet (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 14:03
Quote:
blucherquin

You just had a nice man put a newsletter through your door?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 14:10
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
blucherquin

You just had a nice man put a newsletter through your door?

He could have been a total bleep for all l know....

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 14:13
Blucherquin , do you get any benefits from RFU / Twickenham Stadium for living close by ? Ticket offers etc ?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 14:40
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
Blucherquin , do you get any benefits from RFU / Twickenham Stadium for living close by ? Ticket offers etc ?

Residents ballots (never got tickets in 10 years but know people who have), and sometimes discounts on events but not England games.

There were residents allocations for the gigs this summer for example - didnít personally fancy either

Yareet (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 15:24
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

Residents ballots (never got tickets in 10 years but know people who have), and sometimes discounts on events but not England games.

There were residents allocations for the gigs this summer for example - didnít personally fancy either

I did the stadium tour around the World Cup and Iíve been invited to England training sessions.

The problem is most of the events are (understandably) during office hours so necessitate taking a day off.

18 June, 2018 09:00
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

I did the stadium tour around the World Cup and Iíve been invited to England training sessions.

The problem is most of the events are (understandably) during office hours so necessitate taking a day off.

Thanks , I was hoping you might get a few freebies as it must be quite disruptive for normal family stuff several times a year .

blucherquin (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 09:18
Sadly no freebies....plenty of disruption but stadium was there long before us so canít complain.

You just plan your Saturdays around not being in a car near town at peak arrival/departure time or not moving it at all.

Most annoying thing is having to plan carefully around social events - we avoid asking friends over for those Saturday evenings coz a) everything booked and serving over priced rubbish ďrugby menusĒ and b) getting to and from Twickers is a nightmare and most people want to meet at a time which means trying to get out of Twickers while 50k people are still queuing for the station and bus routes are knackered.

Itís a very first world problem.

18 June, 2018 11:17
As you say , it was there first , but it has grown expidentially nonetheless , still heres to only having first world problems (Sm128)

18 June, 2018 11:33
Okay, who do we want as Opposition at BG11 on what will be the actual 10 year anniversary of Big Game (despite what the club put out last year!)?

Ideally it'll be a club that has a decent sized following, so we get a full stadium, so to be fair that'll rule out Sale & Falcons (plus the chances of their fans travelling that distance around Christmas/New Year is asking a lot).
We've played Gloucester for the last two years, so I'd prefer it not to be them again.
Similarly, lets shelve all the other previous BG opponents, so we get a new match up. That means no Tigers, Sarries, Saints, Chiefs, Wasps.
Worcester would actually be a decent shout. A game that should be entertaining, they've got a reasonable fan following & not too far away to come.
Bath would be a possible choice too. We've not played them at BG before.
Bristol would no doubt like to have a game against us there again. I'm not sure how large their fan-base is, to be honest. Of the three, Ideally I'd pick Worcester.

DOK (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 11:35
yes, have to say I remember when it was just 6N games, the Baa-baas, Middlesex 7s, Army/Navy and a couple of tours every year. The South Stand was concrete and iron terracing area, there were two sheds for the East/West and a smaller one North. God knows capacity in those days. 30K?

I have a lot of sympathy for local residents who have seen the number of events double, then double again!

And I'll feel slightly guilty going to the Stones tomorrow, but it won't spoil the evening I assure you! smiling smiley

blucherquin (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 15:02
Thatís alright DOK, neither you nor I will be able to hear much unless theyíve managed to sort the acoustics.....

But the amount of events is getting a bit much. 3 gigs this summer into a BaBaas game followed by 4 England games.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 08:14
Quote:
DOK
yes, have to say I remember when it was just 6N games, the Baa-baas, Middlesex 7s, Army/Navy and a couple of tours every year. The South Stand was concrete and iron terracing area, there were two sheds for the East/West and a smaller one North. God knows capacity in those days. 30K?
I have a lot of sympathy for local residents who have seen the number of events double, then double again!

I am not sure if that is strictly accurate?

I believe there are something like 26 event days at HQ each year. all very strictly controlled by the local authority.

[www.englandrugby.com]

No concerts on there, so that's what another 3 days a year?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 10:09
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Okay, who do we want as Opposition at BG11 on what will be the actual 10 year anniversary of Big Game (despite what the club put out last year!)?.

For me, Bath would be best...

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 10:36
Bath have their own "Clash" already don't they?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

19 June, 2018 11:00
Yes, as a home game. No reason why they can't be an away team for BG11. After all, in the 11/12 season, Sarries were our opposition at Big Game & we played them at Wembley. I know that's not quite the same as Sarries were at least still in their home city, but it was still a game moved away from their home stadium...

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 12:33
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
DOK

I am not sure if that is strictly accurate?

I believe there are something like 26 event days at HQ each year. all very strictly controlled by the local authority.

[www.englandrugby.com]

No concerts on there, so that's what another 3 days a year?

Sorry to chip in, but 26 events would be one every two weeks... that's quite frequent! Potentially 50% of your weekends being disrupted.

(Yes, I know people sometimes have a choice to live there, I grew up round the corner, and my mate currently lives very close - I'm not arguing for or against, but I'm amazed they're allowed that many)

19 June, 2018 13:33
Surely not all those events cause as much disruption as a full International. It'll include things like the Varsity game, England Counties games, etc.

Yareet (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 15:15
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Surely not all those events cause as much disruption as a full International. It'll include things like the Varsity game, England Counties games, etc.

Isn't the Counties final normally the same day as the England v BaaBaas game?

That link has 16 games. Add in an extra test this Autumn and 3 gigs but it's still not at 26.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 08:59
Nice and peaceful here in Zummerset.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

DOK (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 09:49
So you're saying local residents are in fact not hard done by but lucky they get so few events in a year? (Sm22)

Adam Jones' Hair (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 10:19
Eminem has 2 dates in July - that's the other 2

Yareet (IP Logged)
20 June, 2018 13:08
Quote:
DOK
So you're saying local residents are in fact not hard done by but lucky they get so few events in a year? (Sm22)

To be fair, Iíve becer felt hard done by. As has been mentioned, the stadium was here long before I moved to Twickenham. I may as well get annoyed at being on the Heathrow flight path.

I used to live near (what was then) The Tup and weíd have swarms of people on match days but it was never an issue. Just something to work around.

Now that weíre nearer the Green, other than a few groups of people waking through to the Stoop, the worst problem was parking. But even thatís sorted now! 😃

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net