rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Annual Home and Away Kits?
Quanks (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 13:13
At the bottom of the interview with Dave Ward:

Quote:
Stay tuned for the announcement of our new home and away kits for the 2018/19 season.

Given we had a new home kit last year it sounds like we're now on annual kit updates rather than the alternate home and away updates.

Re: Annual Home and Away Kits?
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 13:15
We've been changing both every season since Adidas took over as the kit supplier, I thought.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 13:19
Quote:
Fearless Fred
We've been changing both every season since Adidas took over as the kit supplier, I thought.

I haven't, though. smiling smiley

BB

Quanks (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 13:22
Quote:
Fearless Fred

Did some digging, you do seem to be right! I had thought it was only the last three, which was "justified" by the 150th season being a special season, but the year before that is also the same.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 13:39
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Fearless Fred

I haven't, though. smiling smiley

You could at least give it a wash occasionally! (Sm100)

Quote:
Quanks
Did some digging, you do seem to be right! I had thought it was only the last three, which was "justified" by the 150th season being a special season, but the year before that is also the same.

Working from memory, I believe that was the first year that Adidas did our strip, so it was always going to be a year where we changed both designs, as they wouldn't want to re-use the design that O'Neils had done for either shirt the year before.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 13:39
They brought the change to annual kits in somewhat through the back door, as there were new ones for adidas' first season as supplier, then the anniversary kits, then a change after anniversary, but was pretty clear they'd become yearly.

It's now 4 new kits a year with the BG and training shirt, each at about 60. The training, BG and away kits are probably easy enough to come up with different designs for, but you wonder how often they can change the basic quarters

And before anyone makes the obvious comment, I know that no-one is obliged to buy them all

T-Bone (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 13:41
Couple of interesting comments in the interview with Ward amongst the usual waffle. Using a ball in fitness training much earlier than they normally would, which can only be a good thing. And he recognises that his lineout throwing is guff!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 14:55
Whole new kits every year with Adidas.

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 16:06
Further to comments above (some of them wrong i think!) there have been 4x new Home/Away/BG/Training kits during the 4 seasons that Adidas have been the kit sponsor (since 2014/15), including 2 kits in the 2 seasons BEFORE the anniversary year.

So the upcoming 2018/19 kits will be the 5th iteration from Adidas.

Better get used to it...the current deal is until the end of the 2020/21 season!

Really hoping we get something more like the 150th kit this year...

T-Bone (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 16:17
Quote:
Dark Pies
Further to comments above (some of them wrong i think!) there have been 4x new Home/Away/BG/Training kits during the 4 seasons that Adidas have been the kit sponsor (since 2014/15), including 2 kits in the 2 seasons BEFORE the anniversary year.
So the upcoming 2018/19 kits will be the 5th iteration from Adidas.

Better get used to it...the current deal is until the end of the 2020/21 season!

Really hoping we get something more like the 150th kit this year...

Oh yes, so we have. The anniversary home one was great, the others have been somewhere between pretty average to rubbish. The away shirts have been a mixed bag, some I really like, some dreadful.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 19:35
Quote:
You could at least give it a wash occasionally! (Sm100)

I do. Once a year. Whether it needs it or not.

BB

Boonie (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 20:07
Got the 150th year one (the one without all the sponsor patches), but other than that, haven't seen an adidas design that I've liked. Saves much wedge!! smiling smiley

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net