rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

ComeOnYouSaints.com
News: ECC Final - Travel - "The Essential Guide"
ComeOnYouSaints.com (IP Logged)
18 May, 2009 23:06
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/05/2009 00:21 by Phil..

SumoSaint
Re: News: ECC Final - Travel - "The Essential Guide"
SumoSaint (IP Logged)
18 May, 2009 23:10
Wow! Now that's what I call comprehensive. Many thanks, Phil.

nn9saint
nn9saint (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 07:25
Excellent

MESSAGES->author
ChrisG (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 07:42
I notice there is also a 01:34 train out of Euston to MK for any stragglers, might not help much if you live in N'ton but then again its nearer home and only a 50 cab ride away rather than a couple of hundred quid.

Rucken Mawle
Rucken Mawle (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 09:08
Just goes to prove what an utterly stupid date time and venue for a final. Good luck to all of you going I hope your journey is trouble free.As for me I will be there in spirit as I can't leave work early so I have no chance of getting there.

norfolksaint
norfolksaint (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 09:46
I've just spoken to the Harlequins regarding car parking. Their car parks are due to open at about 4:00 with the ground opening at 5:00. These are on the Stoop side of the Chertsey Road (A316).

I'm not looking forward to braving the M11/M25 on a Bank Holiday Friday :-( but looking forward to the game :-)

wheely
wheely (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 10:07
Great info. Cheers.

Word of warning though for Kettering etc bound travellers... The Stoop is still a walk (albeit a short one from Twickenham station).

IF the game finishes in regulation time without injury time ie 40mins each way, 15mins HT, the game will finish at 9.20.
That leave precisely 1 hour and 5 minutes from your seat in The Stoop, to your seat on a train at St Pancras.

A tall order on the best of days and allows no time for injury time, or even a round of applause for the boys if they do well.

Good luck!

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 10:44
Can't I land the helicopter on Billy William's Cabbage Patch?

Please......

Sarge
Sarge (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 11:20
The East Midland engineering work kicks off on Saturday rather than Friday. The last train for Wellingborough, Kettering, etc, leaves at 10.25pm, rather than 20.25pm as shown above.

For Bedford, the normal service should be in operation, so trains will be available as late as 01.38 on Saturday morning (and then limited services through the night).

brancastersaint
brancastersaint (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 11:46
as the roadworks on the M25 between j18-16 have now kicked in and it being bank holiday would be better to leave M40 at High Wycombe, take A404 to M4 and the navigate past Heathrow to Twickenham.
Anyone considering getting the train from Windsor, be aware that it's the Royal Windsor Horse Show, and the car park at Home Park by the station is closed, next station up - Datchet is best bet with plenty of parking available.

COYS

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 11:55
I could give you a hand with that Stockers, being partially qualified winking smiley

I did note the omission of details for saintian's luxury charabanc tours. Any news on that would be most helpful

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 17:38
Noo - don't mention Staines as a possible "park & ride" - that's where I was going. Keep a space for me!
Haven't lived there for nearly 13 years, so no idea what the parking is like now.

There ain't no Sanity Clause

Jim Winning
Jim Winning (IP Logged)
20 May, 2009 10:20
Well done...espcialy the driving bit (for me anyway). Helen Blaby is now my Hero. If someone can make miniture Helen Blaby clones - I would buy one instaed of Sat Nav.

MESSAGES->author
ChrisG (IP Logged)
20 May, 2009 10:23
I have a Helen Blaby SatNav, it does good warnings of overturned haywains in Marsh Gibbon.

Mark H
Mark H (IP Logged)
21 May, 2009 18:50
Also further down the message board list under "IF we win on friday...what happens afterwards?"
Posted by: Mark H (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2009 18:24

LOM has received word from one of her mates very close to the club that the team are planning to meet up with the travelling supporters after the game at the Stoop, this is because it will be about 1.30am before they return to Franklins Gardens and all the bars will be closed.

Hopefully this will be confirmed on the offy before we all set off tomorrow....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net